how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

donowprod1

join:2004-03-30
Brooklyn, NY

TM602G Telephone lights 1 & 2 flahshing Brooklyn NY

I got triple play package installed and working today. The installer mentioned there was a new cable modem out that has a battery built in just in case there was a power outage. He mentioned I could trade the standard one in for a battery backup one.

When the technician left everything was working fine.

I went to the Time Warner store to trade in the modem and they swapped out my modem for a Arris TM602G/TW-8.

I got home and plugged everything in and when the modem reset I now got Telephone 1 and 2 flashing nonstop.

I called phone support and was walked through a few basic steps which leaded to a technician coming over next weekend to look at it.

I looked in the manual and the 2 telephone flashing lights mean the phone is off the hook.

I checked and both cordless are turned off and hung up and its still flashing.

I unplug the phone line from the modem and the two lights are still flashing. No matter which variables I do the 2 lights still flash.

I am wondering if there is a setting buried in the modem that needs to be set on or its a faulty modem.

Can anyone share some light on the issue and maybe I should exchange it first thing Monday morning or before the tech comes out and tells me that I need to exchange it at the store for a new one anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

William

NightOwl0

join:2010-08-15
Is your internet working? It runs off the same modem as the phone unless you had wireless RR installed. If not wireless, have you set up a router like Linksey or Belkin? Was your modem reset by customer support? Did you speak with Tier 3?

NightOwl0

join:2010-08-15
reply to donowprod1
ps, I would post right to the TWC direct support forum.

donowprod1

Brooklyn, NY
reply to NightOwl0
My internet is working fine. I have my Apple Airport extreme connected to my modem and I have very fast internet speed. After swapping out my previous modem I telephoned customer support and they reset something on their end but it didn't help. Telephone light 1 and 2 still blink and sometimes the link light blinks. The rep made an appointment for a tech support person to come by. I do not believe the rep was tier 3. How do I go about talking to that level of support?

Thanks,
William

mckenna797
Premium
join:2004-08-25
Astoria, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
try removing the battery unplug the modem from ac wait 30 seconds plug back in without the battery see if this corrects the problem if it does reinstall the battery and you should be good to go leave the modem connected to ac when you install the battery,

donowprod1

Brooklyn, NY
I did as mentioned by pulling the battery and then unplugging the AC cable for 30 sec or more and it still did not help. 1 & 2 are still flashing away. Should I exchange the modem first thing in the morning or wait a week for a tech to come an look at it and tell me I need to swap it out.

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
do it again, but leave it out a few minutes. and then place a call on each line, that should correct it

Natedog321

join:2001-01-10
Newburgh, NY
reply to donowprod1
Sounds to me like when you swapped the modem at the payment center, the system still thinks your old modem has the phone service. Its a provisioning issue, and you will need to call TWC to have them submit a ticket to fix it.