All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
lostboy8
join:2005-02-20

lostboy8 to Devious

to Devious

Re: SB6120 logging lost after 1.0.3.0 update

I have this exact problem too. It doesn't show which config file was downloaded in the logs, only critical info like the modem was rebooted or power resetted etc. But I don't know if this is a new thing or not because I just got the modem a few days ago so this is the only firmware I have known so far.

Devious
Premium Member
join:2002-08-22
Seattle, WA

Devious

Premium Member

said by lostboy8:

I have this exact problem too. It doesn't show which config file was downloaded in the logs, only critical info like the modem was rebooted or power resetted etc. But I don't know if this is a new thing or not because I just got the modem a few days ago so this is the only firmware I have known so far.
I just purchased mine yesterday but I have returned two of them while conducting these tests. I had to find out what version the modem(s) came with and if the log worked before the firmware push.

When I first plugged in the modem without the coax connected I saw version 1.0.1.8 and log worked but soon after you connect the coax the firmware will be pushed.

Before the push I saw everything in the log including download init and download of the walledgarden.cfg file.

After the update nothing unless it is critical.

So, three out of three modems the log stopped after the firmware was updated.