how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jwpeddle0

join:2010-09-04
Toronto, ON
reply to supreme2k

Re: [Cable] Scarlett Cable Hub is very slow? Anyone else?

Just called in to TekSavvy on this issue, assured that an upgrade is coming this week

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to shubjero
said by shubjero:

And what does Teksavvy have to say about it?
IIRC, they said somewhere else that the 10G link is fine and that the new issues were caused by something else they had yet to figure out. Gotta love unexpected complications, keeps things interesting.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
reply to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

I was hoping that it might be some sort of redundancy/load-sharing loop/ring among the various Toronto POIs, as each POI would have to lead either to 151 Front or directly to Chatham anyway, yes ?
There would be no need to connect anything to Chatham, as all their bandwidth comes from 151 Front.

Adam321

join:2010-09-06
reply to jwpeddle0
So a week+ of packet loss?

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by Adam321:

Teksavvy is at the murcy of Rogers and their fiber supplier I think on these installs.

Adam321

1 edit
Doesn't help me.. I would just hope they would plan ahead.

I feel your pain HiVolt, working with 5% packet loss is painful. Latency on wireless here is killer as well so I'm pretty stuck.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Adam321
said by Adam321:

We went thru 3 weeks of it on McNicoll. It worked fine for a week after the upgrade, and the last two days have been back to the same issues...
--
BUCK FELL ,,!,,('-'),,!,,

justsomeguy8

join:2007-10-08
N5M3Z3

1 recommendation

reply to koreyb
said by koreyb:

said by Adam321:

Teksavvy is at the murcy of Rogers and their fiber supplier I think on these installs.
Teksavvy has complete control of when they choose to order upgrades, and they could have ordered them a lot sooner (i.e before customers get angry.)

So dont act like teksavvy is the victim here.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

said by Davesnothere:

I was hoping that it might be some sort of redundancy/load-sharing loop/ring among the various Toronto POIs, as each POI would have to lead either to 151 Front or directly to Chatham anyway, yes ?
There would be no need to connect anything to Chatham, as all their bandwidth comes from 151 Front.
-
Had a feeling that would be the case.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
reply to justsomeguy8
said by justsomeguy8:

said by koreyb:

said by Adam321:

Teksavvy has complete control of when they choose to order upgrades, and they could have ordered them a lot sooner (i.e before customers get angry.)

They might have very well ordered upgrades in advance but it took Rogers 2-3 weeks to sign a new contract last time. They've also said they didn't anticipate the strong growth. Not much they could do there if the sign up rate was too quick.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
said by mlerner:

They might have very well ordered upgrades in advance but it took Rogers 2-3 weeks to sign a new contract last time. They've also said they didn't anticipate the strong growth. Not much they could do there if the sign up rate was too quick.
I'm sure that TSI could have halted new cable subscribers from coming on. Its something that can be done to ensure the stability for those current users on the system.

TSI chose to forego that. That is completely TSI's issue, not Rogers, not ARINs, but TSIs. Don't try and square the blame on Rogers' for these issues.

BloorWestr

I completely agree.

Pretty bummed getting disconnects, I have to say...as happened a half hour ago.

Feels close to dialup at times, too...which is also very disappointing.

I'm wondering if TSI is discounting the cable while they know this problem is ongoing? Seems odd to pay full price for 1/10th the speed advertised..if it's not a full-on disconnection.

Adam321

2 edits

--- 69.165.216.57 ping statistics ---
200 packets transmitted, 189 packets received, 5.5% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 11.587/53.682/256.918/45.895 ms

Wonder when "this week" the fix is supposed to happen. I made a huge mistake going to cable.

BTW.. nice fast busy signal on the tech support line, 24/7 indeed.

You're making it awful difficult to like you guys.

ReggieX

join:2010-08-30
Toronto, ON
Checked this morning:

Dunno what you're doing, but keep it up!

Bskll

join:2004-02-02
Toronto, ON
there is no point in checking the morning speeds, obviously that's when congestion dies down.

pay attention to times of congestion like after 7pm.
--
You cannot download something without uploading something.We believed that to be the truth of BitTorrent when we were young.

Adam321

1 edit
reply to ReggieX
Lets hope the 10G update makes a difference. Though we've had no new news for our poor POI

ReggieX

join:2010-08-30
Toronto, ON
said by Adam321:

Lets hope the 10G update makes a difference. Though we've had no new news for our poor POI
True; I was just amused by the speedtest results.

Teknowiz

join:2010-06-21
Canada
kudos:1
reply to TSI Gabe
Any updates on upgrade schedule for this hub, speeds are still bad.

said by TSI Gabe:

Yes Scarlett is saturated at this point. Sorry guys.

The upgrade orders were put in 2 weeks ago for all the POIs and our 10gig cross connect is almost ready, should be up by the end of this week.

ultracat

join:2008-01-30
Toronto, ON

2 edits
I'm getting the same result right now. It was over 8Mbps for me earlier tonight.

edit: 10Mbps now....just in time to go to bed lol.

edit 2: up to 14Mbps briefly this morning with speed boost. Seems to be slow when congested, not all the time at least that's something...

Would love to hear from TSI an ETA on the Rogers upgrade. It would be nice to not have speed dips at certain times of day.

BloorWestr

reply to supreme2k

Best speed I've seen all weekend.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to justsomeguy8
said by justsomeguy8:

said by koreyb:

said by Adam321:

Teksavvy used Toronto really as the test market... It was their first entry into the cable world in Ontario really. They had no idea what to expect.. SURPRISE.. alot of people jumped at the idea.. More than they expected. They got caught with their pants down.. Now with no advance ability to know what to plan for.. they are stuck waiting on their suppliers to upgrade.. They have no control after they put the order in.. You should know this working at Bell and all. The interconnections BELL takes months to install and you can not rush them... You have to order more than you need to ensure you don't get caught.

The BIG Mistake TSI made here was accepting new customers until these issues are fixed.. They should cut off any NEW orders until then. They may loose customers, but it could avoid any pissed off people.

bbiab

join:2004-05-26
That is presumptive. They have said they were providing an alternative. They haven't said much else. I can't imagine what they will offer on McNicoll at this point. It appears to be spent.

BloorWestr

reply to supreme2k

Painful. Guess next week when a certain game I've been looking forward greatly to comes out on Steam, I might get it by the following week.

Teknowiz

Canada

1 edit
reply to supreme2k
This really needs to be fixed soon.

ultracat

join:2008-01-30
Toronto, ON
Yeah I'm getting 4mbps down right now, sort of sucks.

Teknowiz

Canada
reply to supreme2k
Speeds seem normal tonight. Can someone from Teksavvy confirm if the permanent fix have been put in place. Let’s hope the speeds last and there are no more hiccups with the service.

chaos1105

join:2004-01-18
Considering how things have been going I highly doubt its fixed, just not saturated at the moment. Re-test in a few hours.

Teknowiz

Canada
Should be at peak load around this time and speeds are still good.

said by chaos1105:

Considering how things have been going I highly doubt its fixed, just not saturated at the moment. Re-test in a few hours.

gffreire8

join:2008-02-13
reply to supreme2k
I really hope they fix this issue sooner rather than later. I had rogers cable for a few years prior to the introduction of monthly bandwith usage and never once experienced speed slowdowns as in my first 2 weeks of teksavvy cable.

They keep trying to send out a rogers service tech which never shows up to the appointment. This is the second service call that they have not attended.

Connection seems very unstable you can be getting a decent speed then all of sudden it runs like crap.

If they don't fix this scarlett issue then I'm just gonna bite the bullet and change to Bell Fibe 16 or 25.

The experience with teksavvy cable at the moment has been as bad as my experience with Primus DSL.

gffreire8

join:2008-02-13