Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

join:2002-06-05
Yorktown Heights, NY

1 edit

Phone number of Verizon Office of the President?

What is the phone number for the Verizon Office of the President (in New York, if it matters)? I see lots of people saying they called but cannot find a post with the actual number. I have a FiOS billing problem that is unresolved after 2 months and multiple Verizon employees who have promised to get back to me and have not. Thanks.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:29

I don't know if these are still current:
»Re: Verizon cannot upgrade me to Extreme HD

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

Yorktown Heights, NY

2 edits

Thanks. I sent email to the Executive Customer Relations guy as a start. Let's see if he replies. Ugh, it bounced. I will try calling, I guess. I could just email Ivan, of course.

Gerryex

join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

said by MisterBill:

Thanks. I sent email to the Executive Customer Relations guy as a start. Let's see if he replies. Ugh, it bounced. I will try calling, I guess. I could just email Ivan, of course.
Try 212-321-8700 for Verizon Executive Customer Service. I had to use it to help with a 6 month billing problem and they directed me to a specific high level cust service for my location (Florida) and they were able to help me out. It still took several months to finally get it straightened out but it eventually was.

Gerry

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

Yorktown Heights, NY

2 edits

Thanks. I called and the woman told me I should call a different number 800-483-7988 x3 but transferred me there. I got a guy who asked for my name and number and then put me on hold for 5 minutes. When he returned he said he had collected all of the information and someone would call me tomorrow. Kind of strange that he did not ask for any details but I guess the problem was obvious when he looked at the previous call logs. Let's see if this works.

BTW once I had that number, I found a useful entry in the FAQ:

»Verizon Online DSL FAQ »What should I do? Who to call.

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

Yorktown Heights, NY

So, I spoke to the person in executive relations. Her original approach was "I'm here to explain why your bill is correct" (including the always popular first bill being much higher because it's for 2 months). I spent a half hour on the phone I pointed out several times that the price I was quoted was not what I was being billed. She claimed not to see the quoted price in the records but told me that she would investigate and called me back the next day to say that she needed more time to look into the problem so we come to a resolution (that sounded promising). Then she called Friday (I was not available) saying that she was now ready to continue the discussion. I haven't called her back yet.

Here is my new question. During the initial call she said "the price quoted to you may not have been correct". If that is the case, what is my recourse? Can they just use that as an excuse to back out of the package that they offered me, or are they obligated to honor it for the length of the contract?

Squirrelly

join:2000-10-24
Harrisburg, PA

said by MisterBill:

Here is my new question. During the initial call she said "the price quoted to you may not have been correct". If that is the case, what is my recourse? Can they just use that as an excuse to back out of the package that they offered me, or are they obligated to honor it for the length of the contract?
The problem I see is it's your word against their, unless you have something in writing. Verizon will tell you anything to get you to sign up then change it on the bill, this happened to my in-laws. I have not had any issues with them but I know a lot of people have. My question is why hasn't there been a class action law suite against them for ALL the billing issues? If a judge would say you can't except anymore customers until you fix your billing system I bet they would have it fixed overnight.

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to MisterBill

said by MisterBill:

During the initial call she said "the price quoted to you may not have been correct". If that is the case, what is my recourse? Can they just use that as an excuse to back out of the package that they offered me, or are they obligated to honor it for the length of the contract?
It depends on what their records show. If the quoted price is documented, they will probably honor it or a substantial portion of it by negotiating a discount. If there is no indication of quoted price in their records, they will still try to keep you by negotiating a discount but it won't be as deep.

I'm curious. New customer or renewing? What were you quoted, and what are you being billed? And when did you order?

As a new customer, package pricing already includes some nice discounts. You may be able to negotiate an additional discount of $10/mo. on a triple play, $5 on a double, maybe $5 on internet only or TV only. That's if the incorrectly quoted price is documented.

Then again, if you were quoted new customer pricing that included the discounts, and you heard it as package pricing with additional discounts, then you may be SOL.

If you cannot reach an agreement on a new price, you should be able to cancel without incurring the ETF. You may or may not be charged at the billed rate for services received.

Mtaz

join:2008-10-21
Hawthorne, NJ

1 edit
reply to MisterBill

My billing issue was so problematic it could fill a whole page. Everything was fine until it came time to renew and the same garbage happened, I was promised a renew rate that did not happen. We got it sorted out after 3 weeks and I settled for an offer that was $20 more then what I was quoted... But again it was the same situ, their word against mine. Still it was not bad enough to make me go back to CV...

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

Yorktown Heights, NY
reply to birdfeedr

I do not have anything with the price but during earlier calls with two of their reps (both of who were supposed to call me back but did not) I did receive confirmation that the price I was quoted was in their records from when I placed the order. When I last spoke to the latest person last week she had not found that. I'm hoping she has now. It seems like there should be some way for me to get a copy of that information so I can have proof. The email confirmation I received when I placed the order did not have the price.

I was an existing customer with the Quad bundle. I called to switch to FioS Digital Voice. The rep I spoke to said she could switch me, and also add HBO/Cinexmax/EPIX, upgrade me to 35/35 (I had 25/20, I think) and lower my price by $5/month. I was paying $185/mo which included $90 of wireless for my family plan. I was quoted $180 for all 4 services including the $90 of wireless. As best I can figure out (because wireless is not included in the bundle at all on my bill), I am paying $180 including only $45 of wireless, which means it's $40 more than before, $45 more than expected. The bill does not even show that I have a Quad bundle, although the rep claims that is because I am in a different billing system due to FDV and it just reports things differently. Not sure if I believe that.

I don't want out of my contract because I do not want to go back to Cablevision (although I must say I can understand how people get fed up with Verizon billing and do switch back). I want them to honor the price I was given when they took my order (whether it was correct or not). Interestingly, I do think that I repeated the quoted price when I was agreeing to the 2 year contract (when they record your acceptance). The rep last week claimed they do not have access to that. I would think they would be able to find it if I claimed I had not agreed to a 2 year contract.

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

Yorktown Heights, NY
reply to Mtaz

said by Mtaz:

Still it was not bad enough to make me go back to CV...
Same situation. There is almost nothing they could do which would convince me to go back to CV, although I can see how some people end up that way.

Mtaz

join:2008-10-21
Hawthorne, NJ
reply to MisterBill

The same thing happened to me, I was promised a phone call back after the switch and it never came... I do not want to highjack your thread by posting my story but if you want me to share my nightmare for comparison let me know

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

Yorktown Heights, NY

1 edit

said by Mtaz:

The same thing happened to me, I was promised a phone call back after the switch and it never came... I do not want to highjack your thread by posting my story but if you want me to share my nightmare for comparison let me know
Whatever you want. The executive resolutions person made excuses for the other people not getting back to me saying they are only allocated 30 mins per day for return calls (of course that does not explain why the person on Twitter whose job it is to resolve issues didn't respond). At the moment I need to call the exec res person back, she has left me messages. But I wanted to know what my options are if the answer is "yes we made a mistake with the price but we are not going to honor it". And it sounds like the answer is "it depends".
Expand your moderator at work

texastown

join:2008-04-25
Plano, TX

1 edit
reply to MisterBill

Re: Phone number of Verizon Office of the President?

They do the ever changing price and offers thing with many of us when we call to change or renew. I've been offered things by the salespeople, verified by their notes, which were denied by Verizon as "they should never have quoted you that". Their sales people will tell you anything to get the sale, much of it is just hot air so they can get their commission. At some point the person you are speaking with will give you part of the deal. Before you call her back determine what's most important and insist on that. Price, features, offers?, whatever, but most likely you won't get the price and all the offers. Think compromise and you'll get something.

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

Yorktown Heights, NY

said by texastown:

They do the ever changing price and offers thing with many of us when we call to change or renew. I've been offered things by the salespeople, verified by their notes, which were denied by Verizon as "they should never have quoted you that". Their sales people will tell you anything to get the sale, much of it is just hot air so they can get their commission.
I know their salespeople (who are not Verizon employees) are not necessarily to be believed. But this was a Verizon customer service rep (and presumably an employee) who was entering it right into my account.

texastown

join:2008-04-25
Plano, TX
reply to MisterBill

I'm not sure what you are referencing. But a year or so ago I was getting a new contract. The sales person promised a free DVR for a year. I took my plain HD box to my local store for an exchange. When I got there they said they could see where the salesperson had promised me the free DVR but there was no promotion like that available and therefore they could not honor the promise. They said there was no code to activate a free DVR so I couldn't have the deal. No sorry, no nothing, just no. So yes, they could see the offer but it was not available. They even had me talk to some executive cs person as you are, and they also told me no. So such is the value of their salespeople's word, it's not worth anything. As I said before, think of the most important thing you really want and try to bargain for it cause that's about all you can hope for.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
West Chester, PA

said by texastown:

they said they could see where the salesperson had promised me the free DVR but there was no promotion like that available and therefore they could not honor the promise.
I can tell you that if that happened to me, I would be filing a complaint with the State Attorney General.

Bait and switch is fraud.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

Yorktown Heights, NY
reply to MisterBill

So I have good news. The Verizon person offered me a $40 discount for 12 months, along with a $40 refund for each of the two months that I have been overcharged until now. That pretty much gets me back to what I was paying before, not the $5 lower that I was originally told it would be, but I'm ok with it. I still need to worry about the remaining 10 months of the 2 year contract, but the woman told me to call in a year and tell them I wanted them to lower my bill and hopefully they will be able to extend it. I asked her to email me the info so I have something in writing. She agreed but it has not arrived yet. I will also be saving her info to call in a year.

Vamp9190
Premium
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA
kudos:1

said by MisterBill:

So I have good news. The Verizon person offered me a $40 discount for 12 months, along with a $40 refund for each of the two months that I have been overcharged until now.......I asked her to email me the info so I have something in writing. She agreed but it has not arrived yet....
Well played.

It always pays to document everything.

Yeah VZ Exec. Customer service is an awesome resource. They actually act like they care & for me, they fixed a billing problem & credited me $30 on my last bill.....when the regular CS people said "sorry there is nothing we can do" and basically called me a liar.

Vamp9190
Premium
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA
kudos:1
reply to More Fiber

said by More Fiber:

said by texastown:

they said they could see where the salesperson had promised me the free DVR but there was no promotion like that available and therefore they could not honor the promise.
I can tell you that if that happened to me, I would be filing a complaint with the State Attorney General.

Bait and switch is fraud.
I hear what you are saying, but what good does filing a complaint do for the individual person filing ??

The complaint gets logged, and nothing happens. Or maybe if there are enough complaints, VZ gets fined? OK, so they pay a few bucks.....from the billions they make.....but the customer that got screwed still gets nothing.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
West Chester, PA

said by Vamp9190:

what good does filing a complaint do for the individual person filing ??

The complaint gets logged, and nothing happens. Or maybe if there are enough complaints, VZ gets fined? OK, so they pay a few bucks.....from the billions they make.....but the customer that got screwed still gets nothing.
I've had very good luck doing this, but it will depend on how aggressive your state Attorney General or PUC is.
Certainly not a quick solution, but it does work.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

Yorktown Heights, NY

said by More Fiber:

I've had very good luck doing this, but it will depend on how aggressive your state Attorney General or PUC is.
Certainly not a quick solution, but it does work.
It probably depends what state you're in. I am in New York, and my experience has been that filing a complaint with the AG's office here is a black hole, you never hear anything back. On the other hand, I've had very good luck complaining to the Public Service Commission in the past, Verizon does not like getting complaints from them (or at least didn't, it's been a while). Of course, with FiOS and Digital Voice service, I wonder how much they would tell me that they have control over? I guess they definitely have responsibility for the TV portion.

MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

Yorktown Heights, NY

Update: my September bill is available, and I do have a $40/mo credit showing up. It says "Valued Customer $40/12mo Credit will be applied up to and including your Aug 4, 2011 bill.", and I have 2 other credits for $48.53 and $49.11 for the two previous months that I had been billed incorrectly for, which I guess includes some tax or is just for some extra days. I never did get my email stating what she agreed to give me, I was waiting for the bill to close before calling back.