Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

I'm a Trend Setter - maybe.

I've never paid for any kind of TV. I don't do antenna either.

The only Video I watch is via Broadband. It's the best thing to ever happen to content delivery.

If someone offered a pay service that stayed ad-free, and wasn't driven by someone else's agenda; I could see myself subscribing.

Nothing on the horizon yet.

NV

eric_n_dfw
join:2001-10-22
Roanoke, TX

eric_n_dfw

I'm curious if this is an age related thing. What generation you are in, did you grow up with pre or post IP streaming video?

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo to Noah Vail

to Noah Vail
so you get the upside of free and picking what you want to watch and when -- but you get the downside of unskipable commercials?

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail to eric_n_dfw

Premium Member

to eric_n_dfw
said by eric_n_dfw:

I'm curious if this is an age related thing. What generation you are in, did you grow up with pre or post IP streaming video?
Pre, definitely. Grew up before most folks had color TV.

NV
Noah Vail

Noah Vail to morbo

Premium Member

to morbo
said by morbo:

so you get the upside of free and picking what you want to watch and when -- but you get the downside of unskipable commercials?
There's not much I'm willing to sit through commercials to watch.

We have a Netflix subscription. There's one or two out-of-market shows I BT. Maybe some content on Youtube or Tudou.

I've got a slingbox sitting out there on someone else's cable TV connection. Even thought it's free for me to use, the commercials made it not worth it.

If cable TV was still ad-free, I might well subscribe. But the industry discovered that we would pay for it AND sit through ads.

I think that says something important about us.

NV

TechieZero
Tools Are Using Me
Premium Member
join:2002-01-25
Lithia, FL

TechieZero to Noah Vail

Premium Member

to Noah Vail
I haven't paid for cable or fiber TV for over a year now as well. I am 44 yo.

I am doing well with over the air HD, netflix (using XB360 or PS3 --- which I guess is paid TV in a sense) and Playon.

I don't miss it and saving the $$$ is well worth it.