uniqs

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to supreme2k

Premium Member

to supreme2k

Re: [Cable] Scarlett Cable Hub is very slow? Anyone else?

Have you checked that nothing is eating your upstream bandwidth, ie you or someone else forgot and left a torrent client running etc?

Or if you have a wireless router, make sure it's secured with at the very least WPA, preferrably WPA2.

And if you've got the modem from teksavvy, post your signal stats from 192.168.100.1
supreme2k
join:2004-04-30
Toronto, ON

supreme2k

Thanks for the confirmation on your speed tests...

Looks like the issue was with my Router. The stock firmware just wasn't stable enough, loaded DDWRT and everything seems to be fine but had to reset router yesterday to confirm if router was the issue or not due to Scarlett Cable fiber cut... so I guess i'll have to test the router a few more days to rule out any hardware/overheating issues.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

4 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by supreme2k:

....Looks like the issue was with my Router.

The stock firmware just wasn't stable enough, loaded DDWRT and everything seems to be fine....
-
So are we beginning to see a trend of some routers not getting along well with cable or with some cable modems, unless the router firmware is improved ?

It seems I read a similar account in another thread on DSLr during the last few days.

EDIT : Yes, it was this thread :

»OMG SLoooooOOOOOW

BTW, please tell us the makes and models of your modem & router.
supreme2k
Toronto, ON

supreme2k

Motorola 5101N that was purchased from Teksavvy.
ASUS RT-N16, stock firmware 1.0.0.6

Although I was running the stock firmware on this router for about a week before I noticed issues. So again hopefully it is not a hardware issue, but DDWRT firmware seems to be running okay for now.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

-
Thanks.

Another user here just ended up buying that router and is trying Tomato on it.

»Teksavvy Peeps chime in on my (possibly) new router

So it looks like between the two of you, we all will get a decent idea of that beast's pros & cons.

BTW, what are your stats NOW, after doing what you explained above, and what speed of cable account at TSI do you have ?
supreme2k
Toronto, ON

1 edit

supreme2k

Connected to LAN and Wireless testing within 1 Meter from router, have roughtly the same result as the tests below. Router has been up for about 1.5 days so far since reset.

TSI Cable Profile is 10mb/512kb

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by supreme2k:

....TSI Cable Profile is 10mb/512kb....
-
That looks respectable.