share rss forum feed

b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?

join:2004-09-07
Bellingham, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to bidger

Re: It's the video quality that stopps me.

said by bidger:

I have a 46" SONY 1080p 120Hz HD set and a 7Mbps RR connection. Netflix HD streaming, while it doesn't rival BD, is more than adequate. You must be on DSL.
I am on Comcast 12 megabit tier and Netflix is constantly pausing and drops to "reduced quality" that makes it look like crap. In fact I have let my Netflix account expire because we got it primarily for the streaming and it's just not worth it.

eric_n_dfw

join:2001-10-22
Roanoke, TX
What kind of device were you using to watch? I can't remember the last time I got a pause or reduced quality instance aside from one time I kicked off an un-throttled bit-torrent client while watching something.

b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?

join:2004-09-07
Bellingham, WA
I have used both my Tivo-HD (that has it's own problems with aspect ratio on Netflix) and a PC with the same results.

xenophon

join:2007-09-17
I've tried Netflix on many devices (roku, blueray players, PC, playon, ps3, xbox) and think that Netflix looks best on PS3, especially when it comes to smooth pan/scans. Blockiness/compression artifacts also least noticeable on PS3. 5.1 and subtitles are suppose to come in Oct as well as built in software player (no need for disc).