spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mrdon213
join:2010-08-20
Hobbs, NM

mrdon213

[Equipment] Gigaset 4300 Bridge problem

Hello I hope someone can help with this problem.
I recently upgraded from 3Meg to 6Meg The fastest currently available to me and received a new Gigaset 4300 modem.

When I put the Modem into bridge mode following the FAQ.
The modem reports there is no DHCP server available. My old 4200 modem works fine
and broadband support is less than helpful. They claim the FAQ is wrong. Following there
directions gives the same result, no DHCP but hides the error page by removing web access to the modem.

Somewhere between standard and bridge mode I lose access to the Windstream DHCP server.

If I configure the computer or router to use a static IP and use the last dynamic IP I received, it works fine.
I know this is not the solution although support seems to think it is.

Is there anything that can be done to correct this problem?

Thank you,
Don

Icon
Time Keeper
Premium Member
join:2004-01-07
Little Rock, AR

Icon

Premium Member

Once the modem is in true bridge mode, you won't have access to the modem interface at all. DHCP will be disabled, and whatever device you have set up to do the PPPoE connection should be getting the WAN IP from Windstream.
mrdon213
Hobbs, NM

mrdon213

I have non PP0E account. The 4200 loses web interface and passes the DHCP request and windstream server responds.

The 4300 blocks DHCP request and cannot see DHCP server.
Following FAQ I still have gui access and it tells me it cannot find DHCP server.

Don

Icon
Time Keeper
Premium Member
Little Rock, AR

Icon

Premium Member

Shoot me an IM with your email, and I'll send you a PDF that I got recently, regarding bridging the 4300.

justsayin
@listmail.net

justsayin

Anon

Any chance you could post that?

Icon
Time Keeper
Premium Member
Little Rock, AR

Icon

Premium Member

Click for full size
4300 Bridge Mode.pdf
1,661,659 bytes
Here ya go....

justsayin
@listmail.net

justsayin

Anon

Thank you.
mrdon213
Hobbs, NM

mrdon213 to Icon

to Icon
It worked perfectly.

That should be included as part of the FAQ. One minor omission in the instructions, it never tells you when to plug the phone line back in.

Thank you very much.
Don

Icon
Time Keeper
Premium Member
Little Rock, AR

Icon

Premium Member

You can plug the phone line back in after the initial reset has finished. Glad it worked for ya!