Search similar:

uniqs

Paul928
join:2000-05-06
Haverhill, MA

Paul928 to cookeys

to cookeys

Re: When's a new iPad coming out?

Now I'm really confused again....hahaha!! I see that a bunch of Android Tablets are being ready to be released, all running Android 2.2....from what I've read on the preliminary reviews they are very impressive....The Samsung Galaxy has a 7 " and 10.1" coming out that engadget is really liking......Also today Archos just announced a few new tablets too!...wow this is getting interesting now!!!!....bring on the competition, nothing but good news for the consumer

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

Thaler to cookeys

Premium Member

to cookeys
Eh, already living the tablet future on my HP tablet PC, thanks.

But if my computing needs ever decline to needing a limited PDF/web/image viewer, maybe I might come around to the android/iPad market.

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
552.8 23.8

joetaxpayer to Paul928

to Paul928
I would bet a goat and cow as well there will be a 7" iPad.
Remember, going from 9 to 7 on the diagonal is about half the area of a rectangle. So that will hit a spot for the consumer both in price and size.

I'm not complaining about the iPad being too big, I love mine, but I can see people wanting the medium size, to fit a woman's purse and not be "notebook" size. It's also going to be the size of many Android based devices. So it's a defend position as well.

cookeys
MVM
join:2001-06-10
Orland Park, IL

cookeys

MVM

Just an update. I ended up getting two iPads, one for me and one for the wife. We love them. The first one that she had ended up being defective. It was not very responsive to touch. The second one she got is a lot better.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

mozerd to joetaxpayer

MVM

to joetaxpayer
said by joetaxpayer:

I'm not complaining about the iPad being too big, I love mine, but I can see people wanting the medium size, to fit a woman's purse and not be "notebook" size. It's also going to be the size of many Android based devices. So it's a defend position as well.
I purchased the iPad for my wife -- she loves it. Absolutely a perfect size. She been showing it off to all her girlfriends and they all want one -- many have already purchased. IMO Apple have a colossal winner -- I would not at all be surprised if Apple sold 100 million of these over the next 2 to 3 years. The form factor is PERFECT. The functionality is OUTSTANDING and the performance is JUST right.

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
552.8 23.8

joetaxpayer

said by mozerd:

The form factor is PERFECT. The functionality is OUTSTANDING and the performance is JUST right.
So, you believe there won't be a 7in model?

I do believe I said I loved mine, I just think that individuals have their own reasons for their purchasing decisions, and if there were a fill in the blank to choose the size and sell it based on sq mm of screen, the results would be interesting. Right up to a 40 in size to hang on the wall and use as an entertainment system. TVs are now starting to include apps, and it's not beyond a small dream to imagine an iOS based TV.

Let's not forget recent history. How long ago was it that the rumor of a flash (the memory technology not the Adobe software) based iPod? Back then I wrote that flash would certainly be physically more robust, no skipping during a run, more likely to survive a fall, etc. There were still those who were critical. We can discuss this next iPad, but time will answer the question for us.

Keep in mind, Apple will introduce new models no matter how well the current one is selling. So, my love notwithstanding, Mr. Jobs himself will tell you that He will always improve on perfection.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

Majestik to robbin

Premium Member

to robbin
said by robbin:

Personally I don't understand the reason to wait if you like what it is now. I have a 16 gig 3G and I love it. iOS 4 should take care of the things I feel are missing. I would not expect any real hardware changes in the second version. Maybe a camera or 4G, but not much else. I really don't see a good use for a camera on the iPad myself so that wouldn't be of interest me if they added one.

I don't think we will be seeing a larger one anytime soon.
I have a feeling the second version will not be unlocked.