ctceo
Premium
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN
Reviews:
·Virgin Mobile Br..

2 edits

[XPPro] Better M$ Sam voice.

I know this file is meant to be installed with the main installation .cabs, but is there a folder the file Sp5TTIntXP.msm can be dropped in or an executable that inserts it into the necessary archive?

I'm trying to switch the crappy MSSam voice with Mary for my Ventrillo event TTS binds.
--
»were.boldlygoingnowhere.org if we don't change out ways!

ctceo
Premium
South Bend, IN
Would there be a better forum to ask in mods?

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
reply to ctceo
in case it helps.... a bit
»blogs.msdn.com/b/robertbrown/arc···561.aspx

Cudni

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to ctceo
I like Microsoft Sam! I can't stand the crappy, tinny, high pitched female Mary voice. I don't understand why automated systems when you call a business almost always use a female voice. Those grate on my nerves. I far prefer a deep, low pitched male voice. Besides, as one ages, the first hearing problems are in the frequency range of most female voices. Male voices should be the norm for things like this not female (unless they have smoker's voices).
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8

1 edit

2 recommendations

Just so's I understand: you're saying that women are inherently irritating?

join:2009-09-25
Houston, TX
said by dave:

Just so's I understand: you're saying that women are inherently irritating?
Mele20 said "voice". It is only when the voice is active that the inherent irritance you mention becomes an issue.
said by Mele20:

I can't stand the crappy, tinny, high pitched female Mary voice.

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3
said by 38632383:

Mele20 said "voice".
Eh-heh . . . Eh heh-heh . . . .

ctceo
Premium
South Bend, IN
Reviews:
·Virgin Mobile Br..

1 edit
reply to Mele20
I have hardly heard the Female voice myself.

The change from generic masculine to generic feminine was due to the equal rights movements. Take for example my Dungeons & Dragons books. Prior to 1980 most of the books referred to the subject as he, him, or his. After 1980 they started to refer to the subject as she, her, or her's. Here recently they've more frequently used fictitious characters that are assigned a gender and dictate accordingly.

The mans voice seems to have a lot of bad grammar like "John has joined the serber". Whats a "Serber"?

From what I've heard of the feminine voice it's smoother, more well pronounced and easier to understand.
--
»were.boldlygoingnowhere.org if we don't change out ways!