Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Channel Capacity for FIOS TV

Karl,
Can you ask them to make a statement about how they're currently out of channel capacity to add new HD's and what their plans are?

I'd like to see the response (or silence) to that one.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile

Premium Member

I believe in most areas they offer 130-140 HD channels, which is top of the industry. How many more do you want?
Gami00
join:2010-03-11
Mississauga, ON

Gami00

one ... hundred .. . million.. ?
bdon78
I didn't do it
join:2009-05-18
Decatur, GA

bdon78 to baineschile

to baineschile
said by baineschile:

I believe in most areas they offer 130-140 HD channels, which is top of the industry. How many more do you want?
Top of the industry? Don't think that is entirely accurate. In fact, when it comes to HD you have claims from DirecTV, Dish, FIOS, Evil Comcast and Uverse claiming the same title (and in a lot of cases with more channels).

Ultimately isn't it based on the region?

Either way... top of the industry is inaccurate... (unless you have tangible evidence that shows otherwise)

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

1 recommendation

Tokidoki to Gami00

Premium Member

to Gami00
said by Gami00:

one ... hundred .. . million.. ?

talz13
join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH

talz13 to bdon78

to bdon78
said by bdon78:

said by baineschile:

Top of the industry? Don't think that is entirely accurate. In fact, when it comes to HD you have claims from DirecTV, Dish, FIOS, Evil Comcast and Uverse claiming the same title (and in a lot of cases with more channels).

Ultimately isn't it based on the region?

Either way... top of the industry is inaccurate... (unless you have tangible evidence that shows otherwise)
Don't forget Dish or DirecTV's claim, I can't remember which one, included a bunch of on-demand movies as "channels" too...

Raphion
join:2000-10-14
Samsara

Raphion to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
When they move to IPTV over GPON, there will be no limit to number of channels. Period.