Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to N3OGH

Re: TV

3D video feeds and projections are not standardized yet. Until there's a clear format winner, I wouldn't drop a single dollar in that market. Paying for cutting edge technology now that's rendered completely useless by platform wars just down the road is too bitter a pill for me to take.

So yeah. You're better off saving your money now, or spending it on a higher quality 1080p TV & HD source. Neither of those will be garbage-worthy for some time.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

3 edits
said by Thaler:

Paying for cutting edge technology now that's rendered completely useless by platform wars just down the road is too bitter a pill for me to take.

I disagree. My HD-DVD player player makes a great hutch for my wobbly dinig room table. Leveled it out completely, and it doesnt move anymore.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:5
said by baineschile:

said by Thaler:

Paying for cutting edge technology now that's rendered completely useless by platform wars just down the road is too bitter a pill for me to take.

I disagree. My HD-DVD player player makes a great hutch for my wobbly dinig room table. Leveled it out completely, and it doesnt move anymore.
Heh. I remember a few years ago when we were looking for a new DVD player. We were in the store and they had one last HD-DVD add on to the 360 left so I grabbed it. My wife said "there are more blu-ray titles so we should get a blu-ray player". Fast forward to a few months later and the HD-DVD was pretty much dead.

I won't admit it to this day but she was right.
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

hottboiinnc4
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
the HD dvd died due to Sony pushing their standard on everyone.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to ptrowski
hay i still use my HD-DVD player
and blame sony for their bribery

the HD-DVD drive lets you not have to change the disc in the game drive unless you want to play a differant game

Morac
Cat god

join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to hottboiinnc4
said by hottboiinnc4:

the HD dvd died due to Sony pushing their standard on everyone.
Both Sony and Toshiba tried to push their standards, it's just that Sony pushed harder. Technically Sony and all its partners.
--

The Comcast Disney Avatar has been retired.