join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

FFH5 to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski

Re: TV

said by ptrowski:

Same here at a local Best Buy. While it was neat, I could not stand to wear the glasses to watch TV.
A glasses free 3D TV is coming soon. Depending on how that looks, I might start getting interested. The need special glasses to watch 3D TV is a non-starter for me.

»www.pcworld.com/article/ ··· rss_news
Glasses-Free 3DTVs Coming This Year Courtesy Of Toshiba?

According to the Yomiuri Shumbun, Toshiba will release three models of an autostereoscopic 3D TV set before the end of 2010.

Toshiba isn't the only company working on an autostereoscopic TV--that is, one that won't require you to wear glasses to see 3D images. The upcoming Nintendo 3DS will use an autostereoscopic screen, and we've covered the topic in the past. But Toshiba has been working on improving the limitations of 3D TV's for a while, as Engadget points out.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

I heard about that, but hadn't seen the link, thanks.
What it reminds me of are those "hidden images" books that you stare at and the image pops out at you.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by ptrowski:

Same here at a local Best Buy. While it was neat, I could not stand to wear the glasses to watch TV.
A glasses free 3D TV is coming soon. Depending on how that looks, I might start getting interested. The need special glasses to watch 3D TV is a non-starter for me.

»www.pcworld.com/article/ ··· rss_news
Glasses-Free 3DTVs Coming This Year Courtesy Of Toshiba?

According to the Yomiuri Shumbun, Toshiba will release three models of an autostereoscopic 3D TV set before the end of 2010.

Toshiba isn't the only company working on an autostereoscopic TV--that is, one that won't require you to wear glasses to see 3D images. The upcoming Nintendo 3DS will use an autostereoscopic screen, and we've covered the topic in the past. But Toshiba has been working on improving the limitations of 3D TV's for a while, as Engadget points out.
Those types of TVs are YEARS away from practical use and even futher a way on pricing. Considering the biggest problem being the 30 degree field of view I'm not sure how they are going to fix that.

S_engineer
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Chicago, IL

S_engineer

Premium Member

This will blow up in their collective faces. Lawsuits from a small percentage of people that have epilepsy dormant. At least it'll be a stimulas for the American Bar Association.