·Comcast
·Callcentric

1 edit
reply to 88615298

Re: A pipe dream

said by 88615298:

said by Nightfall:

Until....

1. Content you want to watch can be easily found.
2. The technology exists where you can watch it anytime you want.
3. The technology is easy to plug in and go.
4. The content is 720p, 1080i, or 1080p
5. All streams are 100% legal
6. The output to the TV is easy.

You won't see the cord cutting happening widespread. Case in point, I love live sports. What I don't love is trying to find these live sports streamed over the internet. The Versus debacle on Directv is a good case in point. If I wanted to watch hockey on Versus, I had to find a stream for it. Browsing all over the place for the streams and then finding something that would lose its picture was just not acceptable.
Yeah the streams you found sucked because they were illegal. The NHL offers legal broadband streaming.
For $160 for the season AND blackout rules apply.

Remember, the whole idea behind cord cutting is to be able to view the same content on the TV like we do with DVRs today at the same quality level for free or at least a very limited cost. I don't know many people who would drop that kind of money to watch in a crappy format over the internet. Not only to the content providers need to get their crap together, but the internet speeds as a whole need to go up and the caps need to disappear.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by Nightfall:

For $160 for the season
The expectation of getting everything for FREE is the biggest hinderance to getting more content online.

AND blackout rules apply.
I live out of market. So for me $2 a game does not seem that outrageous.