spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Joe Siegler
join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

[TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

This is a new variant of the Time Warner Cable thread for the Dallas / Ft. Worth area. Some of us thought the old one was too long (it had 3,104 replies, which is more than double the size of the next largest thread - plus it spans four YEARS of posts). Thought it was worth starting up a new one, so here it is.

The original thread is still here: »[Cable] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol I -- Time Warner

Pulling this out of the old thread, this is my list of what TWC DFW has said they're adding HD wise, but we don't have a formal date for yet (just appear on various legal notices):

By my count, here's what's left to come that they've announced in current or past legal notices. Let me know if any of these were added, and I just can't see them due to my access.

725 - TV One HD
726 - Galavision HD
729 - G4 HD
731 - WE HD (Women's Channel, I think)
732 - History International HD
733 - The Cooking Channel HD
734 - DIY HD
735 - CMT HD
737 - Nickolodeon HD
742 - Fox Business HD
743 - TruTV HD
749 - Investigation Discovery HD
750 - VH1 HD
772 - National Geographic Wild HD
773 - G4 HD
791 - The Outdoor Channel HD
792 - NBA TV HD
793 - GOL TV HD
794 - Big Ten HD
795 - Tennis Channel HD (ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
818 - HBO Latino HD
819 - HBO Family HD
821 - HBO Zone HD
826 - Action Max HD
831 - Showtime 2 HD
957 - Team HD PPV

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

Thanks!
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

Not much has happened, eh?

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

chamberc to Joe Siegler

Premium Member

to Joe Siegler
Evidently everyone was in love with the hundreds of pages.
chamberc

chamberc to Joe Siegler

Premium Member

to Joe Siegler
As mentioned in other threads, good news today, the deal with Disney also included ESPN 360! Now all we need is a Hulu app for the 360 and I think I'll be able to dump TV service all together and just stick with RR for Wideband.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by chamberc:

As mentioned in other threads, good news today, the deal with Disney also included ESPN 360! Now all we need is a Hulu app for the 360 and I think I'll be able to dump TV service all together and just stick with RR for Wideband.
My belief and I could be wrong is that the subscription to ESPN3 is based on your video service. Dump TV service, you dump ESPN3 also.

Hob

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

1 edit

chamberc

Premium Member

said by hobgoblin:

said by chamberc:

My belief and I could be wrong is that the subscription to ESPN3 is based on your video service. Dump TV service, you dump ESPN3 also.

Hob
Interesting, the X-Box page describes it differently but that's definitely possible.

Edit: Upon further research, it more appears if your X-Box is coming across RR as the ISP in a market with ESPN's agreement, it isn't linked to your TV service. Time will tell I guess... this really could be the key to dumping cable! Awesome!
np23
join:2005-10-28
united state

np23 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
When does the deal for ESPN3.com kick in? I just tried & it still blocked me.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by np23:

When does the deal for ESPN3.com kick in? I just tried & it still blocked me.
It will take some time to build in some sort of authentication for the service.

Hob
SketchyONE
join:2010-09-04
Plano, TX

1 edit

SketchyONE to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
Saw this, some of these look new but I might be far behind you guys. I'm new!

HBO Comedy HD to Premium HD Channel 817* THIS
Showtime Showcase to Premium HD Channel 832* THIS
Starz Edge HD on Premium HD Channel 839* THIS

Linkage »www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· NEWS.pdf
SketchyONE

SketchyONE

Also wondering what channel 798 is cause it is saying to be announced and it is showing in the guide in between MGM HD and Universal HD?

Any one seeing this or know what the deal is?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by SketchyONE:

Also wondering what channel 798 is cause it is saying to be announced and it is showing in the guide in between MGM HD and Universal HD?

Any one seeing this or know what the deal is?
798 is ESPN goal line a HD channel that covers college football highlights on saturdays and is only available to sports pass(sports tier) subscribers.

798 is already up for those that subscribe to the sports pass(sports tier).

ESPN goal line is only available on a TWC Settop box or tuning adapter equiped third party DVR as it is transmitted via SDV.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/HereesFt Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

Here's some info on 798 (ESPN Goal Line)..

»www.centurycitynews.com/ ··· NE/68706

I have it. It's just a static channel, showing a non moving graphic, and playing music.

No guide info TiVo though.
SketchyONE
Plano, TX

SketchyONE

Thanks, didn't really know what it was but figured it was some sorta place holder for College Football or they were starting to finally add some of the new HD that are in the pipeline.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

Click for full size
KFWD HD is being added to ch 441.

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

1 edit

chamberc to Joe Siegler

Premium Member

to Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

What's strange, after years of teeth knashing, I can't really think of any channels I'm wanting in HD now other than the Outdoor channel in HD...

Perhaps Nick or Nick Jr. for the kids, but it seems like TWC finally caught up to everything I wanted...

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

they have added all of the announced HD today execpt KFWD HD, TVONE HD, and GALAVISION HD

runner77
join:2010-03-12
Frisco, TX

runner77

said by motorola870:

they have added all of the announced HD today execpt KFWD HD, TVONE HD, and GALAVISION HD
They went live today?
Dave_DFW
join:2008-02-12
Richardson, TX

Dave_DFW to chamberc

to chamberc
said by chamberc:

What's strange, after years of teeth knashing, I can't really think of any channels I'm wanting in HD now other than the Outdoor channel in HD...

Perhaps Nick or Nick Jr. for the kids, but it seems like TWC finally caught up to everything I wanted...
I'm thinking the same thing. Like I said back in the old thread, I'm pretty pleased with the new HD channels. I'm almost to the point that every show I watch is on an offered HD channel. There are just a few HD channels I'd like that I haven't seen in the announcements

* more Showtimes (There's still only one HD Showtime)
* IFC and/or Sundance
* maybe BBC America?
SketchyONE
Plano, TX

SketchyONE to runner77

to runner77
I see them all in 75075, I think its all have not went through everything yet.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

I'll have to check shortly, as my kid is watching her post school PBS shows at the moment.

But yeah, I think the one thing I want more than any other channel at the moment is BBC America HD.
Joe Siegler

1 edit

Joe Siegler

My list in the first message had a few errors, I noticed. One of which was having G4 in there twice.

Here's an updated list of what was added today.

727 - The Outdoor Channel HD
728 - Investigation Discovery HD
729 - G4 HD
730 - HSN HD
731 - WE HD (Women's Channel, I think)
732 - History International HD
733 - The Cooking Channel HD
734 - DIY HD
735 - CMT HD
737 - Nickolodeon HD
742 - Fox Business HD
743 - TruTV HD
750 - VH1 HD
772 - National Geographic Wild HD
782 - NBA TV HD
793 - GOL TV HD
794 - Big Ten HD
795 - Tennis Channel HD
818 - HBO Latino HD
819 - HBO Family HD
821 - HBO Zone HD
826 - Action Max HD
831 - Showtime 2 HD
957 - Team HD PPV

Of these, there's several I appear not to have a programming level for. They are: 732, 733, 734, 793, and 818 - 957.

These are the three yet to go out.

441 - KFWD HD
725 - TV One HD
726 - Galavision HD

I would have liked to have had KFWD in HD when they were running the original Star Trek episodes on Sunday nights in their remastered form.

Edit: I've submitted a missing channel report for all the channels added today (even the ones I don't have access to due to not having digital plus tier) with TiVo. Hopefully we'll get some listings by the weekend, but I'd say start of next week might be more realistic.
TX98
join:2004-02-09
Dallas, TX

TX98 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
At this moment, KFWD in HD is pretty pointless. *All* programming is upconverted SD, even when they have HD source material. I'm not sure of the exact electron flow, but while they can broadcast a HD signal, some master control bits are pure SD, with no current time frame for an upgrade.

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

chamberc to Joe Siegler

Premium Member

to Joe Siegler
They're all on in 75063. Outdoor HD too, so my life is now complete!

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
817 HBO comedy HD
832 showtime showcase HD
839 Starz Egde HD

were also added so they need a missing channel report.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

1 edit

Joe Siegler

said by motorola870:

817 HBO comedy HD
832 showtime showcase HD
839 Starz Egde HD

were also added so they need a missing channel report.
done.

Edit: All these channels show up on tivo.com as "null" channels, which is what happened to 'em a day or three before showing up on my TiVo with guide info. Either they acted really quickly on my reports, or someone else had gotten 'em in before me.
rrldtx6
join:2006-07-21
Dallas, TX

rrldtx6 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
So I guess what we're still waiting for, in addition to a few HD channels like BBC America and some of the additional premium movie channels, is the multi room DVR.

Any further update on it's rollout, additional costs, etc?

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

said by rrldtx6:

So I guess what we're still waiting for, in addition to a few HD channels like BBC America and some of the additional premium movie channels, is the multi room DVR.

Any further update on it's rollout, additional costs, etc?
Pure conjecture, but since the 3400's they're giving out don't support it, and iGuide has major problems handling it from other reports, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

Got an email from TiVo saying my lineup issues have been deal with.

Forcing a call to see if the new channels are in today's data packet, or if it will be tomorrow.
np23
join:2005-10-28
united state

np23 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
Could Joe or someone post a full list of HD channels now available on TWC in DFW?