uniqs
share rss forum feed

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

I hope we see a new set of HD adds after the first of the year when Wichita Falls goes SDV.

Joe Siegler

join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX
reply to motorola870

said by motorola870:

Joe REELZ is in HD as TWC NYC has it so there is hope that we will get it eventually.

I meant HD here in Dallas.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

Joe REELZ is in HD as TWC NYC has it so there is hope that we will get it eventually.

The texas region is now all one region so the channel changes should be soon getting to the point where everyone with SDV should be getting the same HD channels and adds at the same time. Beaumont just went SDV and is now at 101 HD channels and Wichita falls is going SDV soon.

Reelz should bring us up to 93 SDV channels 91 HD, 2 SD

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX
reply to motorola870

Reelz looks interesting. Shame it's not HD, though.

»www.reelzchannel.com/index.aspx

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to motorola870

Click for full size
REELZ channel launching on 254 will be SDV

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to motorola870

ESPN3D launched today on 799 SDV MPEG4 must have DCX3200/DCX3400 to watch it. Cost $10 more a month as it is part of the new 3D tier.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to jtltke137

that is the new watch in HD feature it comes up when pushing info on a show that is HD or every thirty minutes when a show is HD.

no you can not disable it.

jtltke137

join:2009-02-28
reply to Joe Siegler

I've been gone for 2 months and I just got back to Dallas. There is something new with my DVR and I don't see anyone posting about this.

Now, when I am watching something I recorded, I get a pop-up whenever a new show comes on [at the 1/2 hour, hour mark, ex.] to whatever channel I was watching before I started watching my recorded show.

This is highly annoying. I don't need a reminder that Jerry Springer is now on channel xx in the middle of watching my recorded show. I wouldn't mind if it was a feature that I could turn off - but knowing that TWC caters to the Lowest Common Denominator I figure they don't care.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

ESPN3D launching on Channel 799

Click for full size
ADD:
TV shows on demand to 627
ESPN3D to 799

Change:
Discovery Health 200 to OWN(Oprah Winfry Network)

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX
reply to ChillyCat6

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

The thing I miss the most with TiVo on TWC is that they set the copy flag for just about everything to "no". I just want to copy it to a second TiVo. Not anything weird.

Sigh.

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX
reply to ChillyCat6

iGuide is even worse.

ChillyCat6

join:2004-09-07
Chesterland, OH
kudos:1
reply to bwillcox

said by bwillcox:

(I want my BBCA, doggoneit!)

Just had TW fix that today. I'm a new convert to TiVo and
immediatly knew I wuz missing some channels. Today, after
once again messing with the tuner adapt....I got BBCA

Have patience with the cable card. I wuz told that upfront
so I wuz prepared. The positive side of all this is being able
to ditch that DVR with the even worse Navigator. I can't
ever imagine going back to that nightmare

Justin024

join:2010-08-11
Irving, TX
reply to bwillcox

Thanks for responding! I ordered the remote earlier..thanks for letting me know TiVo had one.

Well..I know I can hit the TiVo button to go back live, but I can't go back to the recorded show by using only 1 button.

I think you're right about the guide data. I assumed everyone got their guide data from the same provider. I'm going to wait a few more days to see if it fixes itself and I'll also test it on other shows.

Thanks so much for your help.

bwillcox

join:2010-09-14
Lewisville, TX
reply to Justin024

-Because they make their money from renting you a box vs a cablecard + TA. They only offer that because the FCC says they have to, and even then you can't transfer anything off the box with TTG besides Big 3 network shows.

-Tivo makes a backlit remote, and even makes a Bluetooth backlit remote with a slideout keyboard (which is the one I have, pricey but works great)

-You can do this by hitting the Live TV button on the remote which will take you immediately to whatever the tuner(s) are looking at.

-Agreed they need to pull Search to a top level item, but you can highlight a show in the guide and hit Record and get the recording options screen (set an SP, run options, etc)

-Usually when I see that it is due to incomplete/generic guide data from Tribune for an episode, but my THD has been running for some time. Usually this gets fixed with later guide downloads so I rarely see this issue.

If you just set up the box. it hasn't had time to build some history in its database. Give it some time to run and build up some history in its DB and it won't do that anymore.

Remember it also has Youtube, Amazon VOD support, and will go out and get podcasts for you from places like Revision 3, CNET, etc.

Enjoy your Premiere.
-b-

Justin024

Irving, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

I've been using my TiVo Premier for the past few days and I love it! Of course, the tech installation went horribly wrong. I ended up calling tech support and eventually someone in the TWC forum **correctly** activated my cable card. Why doesn't anybody from TWC know what the hell they're doing?

ANYWAY! There are a few features I miss on TWC's DVR:

* Backlighted remote! (i found an app on my phone that could poss fix this)

* Toggle from recorded show to live TV! That was one of the best features on TWC's pos box. I loved being able to go back and forth with 1 click.

* Simple search. TiVo's can be a little complicated. Sometimes I just want to do a search and hit record, not go through a bunch of layered options.

* Season Pass/Series Recording. IDK why when I set a Season Pass [First-Run Only] it still records repeats? For example, when I set Real Housewives of Atlanta it says 69 upcoming eps but I only want first run? How is it TWC's box can but TiVo's won't?

Thats about it. I love it so far and I look forward to checking out Pandora, Netflix, and Blockbuster's VOD offerings.

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
reply to OtherguyTX

It says "Error code 704b: DVR Manager is not available in your division at this time." when I check it.

OtherguyTX

join:2004-01-06
Irving, TX
reply to motorola870

Does anybody have a status on the launch of "Remote DVR". I signed into the "My services" web site a couple of weeks ago and it has a "DVR manager" page under "My Tv" but the web page has not been functional at all for about two weeks now. It looks like they are working on something but as usual they are unable to produce anything that actually works.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to bwillcox

they are not SDV yet the only SDV SD digital channel is Fox Soccer Plus on 199.

You might want to have your account looked at if you are missing a lot of SD digital channels

bwillcox

join:2010-09-14
Lewisville, TX
reply to motorola870

Moto, are you sure about them not being SDV yet? I have never been able to tune all of those non-premium channels since my TiVo + TA were set up, the screen just stays black.

I'm not sure if I am just on the wrong tier or if I need to get TWC to reset my cable card. (I want my BBCA, doggoneit!)

The Myservices says Basic/Standard, and it also says I have Cinemax which I didn't sign up for but yet am not being billed for. .

-b-

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to Justin024

they are not SDV yet and the tuning adapter will tune them all except the PPV channels.

The tuning adapter will tune them in when they do go SDV if the channel lineup is correct there is no date on the letter it is just a channel lineup with listings by tier and saying what channels are available only with a tuning adapter .

Also the elpaquetazo package has more HD than listed on the TWC website as listed in the pamplet.

Justin024

Irving, TX
reply to motorola870

So for anyone that has Tivo AND an adapter those channels are non-viewable? wtf?

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to Justin024

There is a insert in this months bill with a channel lineup and it has a lot more channels designated as SDV(not available with cable card) with a t symbol next to them almost all of the digital tier has it listed next to it.

These are listed as not available with cable card

Family net
American life TV
GSN
TEENNICK
Disney XD
BOOMERANG
The word network
Planet Green
Jewelry TV
Shop Zeal
Leased access ch 168
TEXAS CHANNEL
Discovery Health
Cnbc World
Bloomberg
Fox Business
CSPAN 1 ch 231
CSPAN 2 ch 232
CSPAN 3 ch 233
IFC
FLIX
Sundance Channel
Chiller
BBC America
Sleuth
Centric
VH1 Classic
CMT PURE
ovation
SiTV
FCS Atlantic
FCS Central
FCS Pacific
Outdoor Channel
Sportsman Channel
Tennis channel
Fuel TV
CBS College
Big ten
ESPN HD
ESPN 2 HD
TNT HD
nick 2
Sprout
Halogen
VH1 Soul
MTV Hits
MTV JAMS
Tres
all of the Encore Channels
Discovery Espanol
Cnn espanol
Fox deportes
Disney XD SAP
History En espanol
Cinelatino
La Familia cosmovision
Latele novela
video rola
mexico tv
sorpresa
tbn enlace
espn deportes
gol tv
ALL HBO except HBO east
ALL Cinemax except Cinemax east
ALL SHowtime Except the main showtime
TMC Xtra
ALL STARZ ecept main starz
Zee TV
TV asia
MNET
Indemand HD
Indemand 1-7
Special events
Playboy
playboy international
fresh
skin tv
penthouse tv
hot choice
Espn Gameplan
GAME MLB/NHL
TEAM NBA/MLS

Justin024

Irving, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

Should the tech bring the adapter or should I go to the office and get it?

Something tells me that they are going to seriously fuck up this installation.

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX
reply to Justin024

said by Justin024:

I just want things to go smoothly.
TWC & CableCard can be anything but. It's always been a project when they come out to mess with CableCards.

I'd also recommend getting the CableCard working right before you start messing with a Tuning Adapter, too.

Justin024

Irving, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

Thanks for the advice. Although this is not my first Tivo, it will be my third, it will however be my first Cable Card device. I will read up as much as I can before the inept TWC tech shows up. I just want things to go smoothly.

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX
reply to Justin024

said by Justin024:

Tivo:

I just ordered a Tivo Premier because TWC's DVR pales in comparison and their OnDemand is very much lacking to miss anything. However, will I only be charged the $2.99/mo for the CableCard? Since I won't be leasing any equipment from them I shouldn't be charged any add'l fees so I should see a dip in my cable bill.
A dip in your bill? That depends on what equipment you had previously.

The only "addtl" charge is that for the Cable Card, yes. There is also a Tuning Adapter involved (assuming you have HD), but that is a zero charge. If they attempt to tell you otherwise, fight it. Tuning Adapters are a free device. I had to fight them over it, it took a few months to work out, and I did get the proper credit, but still.

I'd advise learning the procedure for the CableCard hookup before they show up. Read somewhere that CableCard customers are a minor fraction of their overall customer base. It would explain why the last guy who came out to work on installing a Cable Card had NEVER DONE ONE before - ever. I ended up doing almost all the work myself, all he did was call the national cable pairing hotline for TWC techs when it was time to pair the CableCard with the TiVo.

Justin024

Irving, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

Tivo:

I just ordered a Tivo Premier because TWC's DVR pales in comparison and their OnDemand is very much lacking to miss anything. However, will I only be charged the $2.99/mo for the CableCard? Since I won't be leasing any equipment from them I shouldn't be charged any add'l fees so I should see a dip in my cable bill.

Anyone have any tips to give a new Tivo owner?

frustated

@majors.com
reply to chamberc

Hi. I have logged on to TWC's MyService and it is driving me nuts. My account shows 6 DVRs but I only have 3 in my house. Does any body have any idea on how to get this corrected. Also, any idea on when the remote DVR manager is going to be available to us.

Thanks.

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
reply to dr_jack

I've actually been getting it on a few channels the past 2 days as well... hackberry creek- 75063

dr_jack

join:2002-04-21
Irving, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

Anyone else getting a "One Moment Please - This channel should be available shortly" message for Bravo HD, channel 763.

I am in North Irving, 75063 zip.