Search similar:

uniqs
Justin024
join:2010-08-11
Atlanta, GA

Justin024 to motorola870

to motorola870

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

So for anyone that has Tivo AND an adapter those channels are non-viewable? wtf?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Justin024

to Justin024
There is a insert in this months bill with a channel lineup and it has a lot more channels designated as SDV(not available with cable card) with a t symbol next to them almost all of the digital tier has it listed next to it.

These are listed as not available with cable card

Family net
American life TV
GSN
TEENNICK
Disney XD
BOOMERANG
The word network
Planet Green
Jewelry TV
Shop Zeal
Leased access ch 168
TEXAS CHANNEL
Discovery Health
Cnbc World
Bloomberg
Fox Business
CSPAN 1 ch 231
CSPAN 2 ch 232
CSPAN 3 ch 233
IFC
FLIX
Sundance Channel
Chiller
BBC America
Sleuth
Centric
VH1 Classic
CMT PURE
ovation
SiTV
FCS Atlantic
FCS Central
FCS Pacific
Outdoor Channel
Sportsman Channel
Tennis channel
Fuel TV
CBS College
Big ten
ESPN HD
ESPN 2 HD
TNT HD
nick 2
Sprout
Halogen
VH1 Soul
MTV Hits
MTV JAMS
Tres
all of the Encore Channels
Discovery Espanol
Cnn espanol
Fox deportes
Disney XD SAP
History En espanol
Cinelatino
La Familia cosmovision
Latele novela
video rola
mexico tv
sorpresa
tbn enlace
espn deportes
gol tv
ALL HBO except HBO east
ALL Cinemax except Cinemax east
ALL SHowtime Except the main showtime
TMC Xtra
ALL STARZ ecept main starz
Zee TV
TV asia
MNET
Indemand HD
Indemand 1-7
Special events
Playboy
playboy international
fresh
skin tv
penthouse tv
hot choice
Espn Gameplan
GAME MLB/NHL
TEAM NBA/MLS
Justin024
Atlanta, GA

Justin024 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
Should the tech bring the adapter or should I go to the office and get it?

Something tells me that they are going to seriously fuck up this installation.
Joe Siegler
join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler to Justin024

to Justin024
said by Justin024:

I just want things to go smoothly.
TWC & CableCard can be anything but. It's always been a project when they come out to mess with CableCards.

I'd also recommend getting the CableCard working right before you start messing with a Tuning Adapter, too.
Justin024
Atlanta, GA

Justin024 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
Thanks for the advice. Although this is not my first Tivo, it will be my third, it will however be my first Cable Card device. I will read up as much as I can before the inept TWC tech shows up. I just want things to go smoothly.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler to Justin024

to Justin024
said by Justin024:

Tivo:

I just ordered a Tivo Premier because TWC's DVR pales in comparison and their OnDemand is very much lacking to miss anything. However, will I only be charged the $2.99/mo for the CableCard? Since I won't be leasing any equipment from them I shouldn't be charged any add'l fees so I should see a dip in my cable bill.
A dip in your bill? That depends on what equipment you had previously.

The only "addtl" charge is that for the Cable Card, yes. There is also a Tuning Adapter involved (assuming you have HD), but that is a zero charge. If they attempt to tell you otherwise, fight it. Tuning Adapters are a free device. I had to fight them over it, it took a few months to work out, and I did get the proper credit, but still.

I'd advise learning the procedure for the CableCard hookup before they show up. Read somewhere that CableCard customers are a minor fraction of their overall customer base. It would explain why the last guy who came out to work on installing a Cable Card had NEVER DONE ONE before - ever. I ended up doing almost all the work myself, all he did was call the national cable pairing hotline for TWC techs when it was time to pair the CableCard with the TiVo.
Justin024
Atlanta, GA

Justin024 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
Tivo:

I just ordered a Tivo Premier because TWC's DVR pales in comparison and their OnDemand is very much lacking to miss anything. However, will I only be charged the $2.99/mo for the CableCard? Since I won't be leasing any equipment from them I shouldn't be charged any add'l fees so I should see a dip in my cable bill.

Anyone have any tips to give a new Tivo owner?

frustated
@majors.com

frustated to chamberc

Anon

to chamberc
Hi. I have logged on to TWC's MyService and it is driving me nuts. My account shows 6 DVRs but I only have 3 in my house. Does any body have any idea on how to get this corrected. Also, any idea on when the remote DVR manager is going to be available to us.

Thanks.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc to dr_jack

Premium Member

to dr_jack
I've actually been getting it on a few channels the past 2 days as well... hackberry creek- 75063
dr_jack
join:2002-04-21
Irving, TX

dr_jack to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
Anyone else getting a "One Moment Please - This channel should be available shortly" message for Bravo HD, channel 763.

I am in North Irving, 75063 zip.
Dave_DFW
join:2008-02-12
Richardson, TX

Dave_DFW to zeroendless

to zeroendless
said by zeroendless:

Any Tivo s3 owner experience crashing with TA on?
No serious issues here, my two S3s + TAs have been working great. I haven't missed a single recording yet.

The only issue I've experienced is a Tivo error of "network not available" when selecting any channel, including analogs. Each of my two S3s have done this once in the last couple of months.
Rebooting the TA resolves that problem, rebooting each Tivo was not necessary.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler to motorola870

to motorola870
»www.engadget.com/2010/11 ··· -masses/

For some reason I got the impression it was something for the web?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
I hope it comes to north texas but I dont think Iguide is capable of Lookback yet. I do know that start over is Iguide compatible. Also to receive lookback you have to have a TWC stb no tivo or moxi.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

»news.yahoo.com/s/nm/2010 ··· nercable

TWC new service called "Look Back"? If it's launching tomorrow, I'm surprised this is the first I've heard of it. Will have to look into it.

Could be useful.
Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler to zeroendless

to zeroendless
said by zeroendless:

Lately 40% of my record shows would give fit while playing back, my Tivo s3 would halt then reboot by it self. The problem with reboot is you have to go though with TA set-up again, it's a fairly long wait till the led lit on solid to get all the channels back.
Not here. My TA light goes solid way before the TiVo has finished its boot cycle (assuming you're talking about rebooting both at the same time).

Since I got the TA working right, I've had about three lockups, but it's random enough that I'd blame it on the TiVo itself. I've had a TiVo of some sort now for about 10 years, and there's always a random lockup every now and then - it is after all a computer in there. The rate of lockup now is no better or worse than before the TA went in there.

Oddly enough one of those lockups was about 60 minutes after the TA was working right. That one didn't thrill me at all.
zeroendless
join:2001-12-27
Dallas, TX

zeroendless to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler

Lately 40% of my record shows would give fit while playing back, my Tivo s3 would halt then reboot by it self. The problem with reboot is you have to go though with TA set-up again, it's a fairly long wait till the led lit on solid to get all the channels back.

First i thought the hard drive could be the problem, may be a bad sector or two somewhere, but then i remove the TA from the connection and have not experienced a single breakout!!, or any of the "channel not found" crap, and it's not longer rebooting. Look like the TA could be the problem here, it's degrading the signal significantly!!! (the constant breakout and channel not found)

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
they are duplicating it on 170 and adding 171 Texas Channel Espanol. These channels are grouped together like this on the other TWC systems in the State except on chs 888 and 889.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler to motorola870

to motorola870
What is "The Texas Channel"? I googled for it, and it seems to be a channel just like that TWC sports channel in the 180's that's all local stuff (like FTW Cats games).

In fact, I just looked at the TWC channel lineup, and 185 is now called "Texas Channel" (It wasn't called that before).

So what's the deal with 170 then? It's not in the "move" category on the thing you posted.
SketchyONE
join:2010-09-04
Plano, TX

SketchyONE to motorola870

to motorola870
I want them to add FearNETHD but I don't think they will ever do that. That looks like a great channel from what movies Ive seen they have on their.

But I think TWC has something against fearnet though because they had the Fearnet OD before and took it off for some reason, that was a cool Ondemand channel.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to JayM34

to JayM34
Click for full size
add:

Disney Family movies to Channel 1 VOD
Texas Channel to Channel 170 digital basic
Texas Channel espanol to Channel 171 Digital basic

Move:

Sportskool VOD from Channel 639 to VOD channel 1
Music Choice pop rock Channel 624 to Music Choice Channel 625 and be renamed Music Choice On Demand

JayM34
@rr.com

JayM34 to motorola870

Anon

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

did TWC give you the CLICKR 5 remote as I have the ATLAS OCAP remotes?
Yes, TWC gave me the CLICKR-5 remotes.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to JayM34

to JayM34
did TWC give you the CLICKR 5 remote as I have the ATLAS OCAP remotes?

JayM34
@rr.com

JayM34 to flex727

Anon

to flex727
Thanks for the responses, guys.
said by flex727:

Well, that was quite a list and includes items we have all complained about for years. Too bad nobody is listening. However, The one item quoted above does have a solution. You can hit the 15 sec back button even with the delete recording menu up and it will take you back. The delete recording menu will timeout in a few seconds and go away.
Cool. Thanks for the tip.

Being new here, I was hoping that maybe some of this stuff hadn't been brought up, and that maybe some Time Warner types who lurk here would answer the clue phone. But I see that I've been beaten to the punch and that no one cares. And why would they? Score one for (de facto) monopolies.
said by flex727:

I also recommend programming your remote to add the 30 sec skip feature, if you haven't already done that.
I tried this a few times before realizing that, on my brand new CLICKR-5 remote (UR5U-8790L-TWD), the M2 button handles that function by default. Otherwise, it's a pretty lame remote, but my old remotes still had Comcast logos on them so I figured it was time for an upgrade.
flex727
join:2001-12-29
Allen, TX

flex727 to JayM34

to JayM34
said by JayM34 :

• And what if I don't want to choose whether or not to delete to recording at that point, especially when jumping to the end of the recording was not the intended action?
Well, that was quite a list and includes items we have all complained about for years. Too bad nobody is listening. However, The one item quoted above does have a solution. You can hit the 15 sec back button even with the delete recording menu up and it will take you back. The delete recording menu will timeout in a few seconds and go away.

I also recommend programming your remote to add the 30 sec skip feature, if you haven't already done that. It hasn't been mentioned on this forum for awhile so I'll include the instructions here:

1) Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
2) Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3) Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice
4) Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button
5) Type in the code 00173 (for 30 second Skip).
6) Press whatever button you want to map the skip or swap function to.

I use the button just above the 15 sec back button (on the new style remote) for convenience. For the old style remote, I use the Stop button, also just above the 15 sec back button. You don't usually need a Stop button, but when you do, just press the Down Arrow - it does the same thing.

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

chamberc to Joe Siegler

Premium Member

to Joe Siegler
I agree with all of your points... however, the hiding channels in the guide list is strictly a marketing issue...

They want to force you to see the channels that you might not be getting without paying for another tier.

I too wish you could hide channels in the guide.... had that on my direct TV boxes as far back as 1999.

JayM34
@rr.com

JayM34 to chamberc

Anon

to chamberc
I agree that it has gotten better. Up until recently, it was more or less expected that the DVR would freeze up during time shifting attempts.

But better does not equal good.

• I know about favorites lists, but why can't I just hide channels on the default TV Listings list? When browsing for a channel not included in any of my favorites lists, I shouldn't have to browse through hundreds of channels I either don't use or to which I don't have access.

• Why can't I change the order in which my favorites lists are accessed? Any time I create a new list, it becomes first in line and that's not always the desired behavior.

• Why can't I time shift forward, when near the end of a recording, without having the DVR immediately jump to the end of said recording?

• And what if I don't want to choose whether or not to delete to recording at that point, especially when jumping to the end of the recording was not the intended action?

• Why can't I enable closed captioning without turning off the box and accessing the super secret menu that I only learned about through a thread on this forum?

• This probably goes with my question regarding the ability to hide channels, but why should I, as an end user, care about or even be able to see duplicate channels that exist only to serve customers with a different type of service than mine?

• And why, when I add one of these duplicate channels to a favorites list, do I end up with duplicates on my favorites list? That defeats the purpose of a favorites list.

That's enough for now...

chamberc
Premium Member
Addison, TX

chamberc to JayM34

Premium Member

to JayM34
said by JayM34 :

I'm in Mesquite and they use Motorola boxes. Is it worth complaining about?

I just can't believe that in this day and age they're handing out boxes with such antiquated software.
I also can't stand iGuide, but it has improved since A28 came out especially compared to iGuide in 2005-2008...

You can not imagine how much more responsive it is today, versus back then... I'm talking about MINUTES to respond to a single remote command...

It sucks, but is way better than it was.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to JayM34

to JayM34
everyone in the metro uses motorola boxes that is it and the software is the most current Iguide verison the last version has problems with remote commands so it is getting better.

JayM34
@rr.com

JayM34 to hobgoblin

Anon

to hobgoblin
I'm in Mesquite and they use Motorola boxes. Is it worth complaining about?

I just can't believe that in this day and age they're handing out boxes with such antiquated software.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to JayM34

Premium Member

to JayM34
"Does anyone know why Time Warner utilizes iGuide on their boxes?"

Iguide is the guide for Motorola boxes. The cisco/SA headends use a custom guide called Navigator.

Hob