Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dave_DFW

join:2008-02-12
Richardson, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

Just in case TWC reads the board, I wanted to rescind my request for IFC in HD. IFC now inserts commercials, edits content, and also has changed the type of programming.

Very disappointing--I guess IFC just wants to be another TBS, AMC, Bravo, or USA.

Sundance probably won't be far behind, they are owned by the same media group.

TTYL
David

jtltke137

join:2009-02-28
reply to Joe Siegler

I can't believe that no one has posted already regarding the letter that TWC sent out detailing the rate increases to take effect 2/1/2011

Digital Cable +$4.00
HD DVR +$2.00

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX

I'm already paying an absurd $16.98 for each of my DVR's... crazy it's going up that much. Guess it's time to turn one in.

Joe Siegler

join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX
reply to jtltke137

said by jtltke137:

I can't believe that no one has posted already regarding the letter that TWC sent out detailing the rate increases to take effect 2/1/2011

Digital Cable +$4.00
HD DVR +$2.00

I didn't get such a letter. Doesn't much matter to me though, as I got price locked in December, and I have a TiVo.

Might be why I didn't get one.

said by chamberc:

I'm already paying an absurd $16.98 for each of my DVR's... crazy it's going up that much. Guess it's time to turn one in.

TiVo's service fee is cheaper than that if you go their month by month plan the last time I checked.

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX

said by Joe Siegler:

said by jtltke137:

Digital Cable +$4.00
HD DVR +$2.00

I didn't get such a letter. Doesn't much matter to me though, as I got price locked in December, and I have a TiVo.

Might be why I didn't get one.

said by chamberc:

TiVo's service fee is cheaper than that if you go their month by month plan the last time I checked.

Tivo.com says $19.99 a month, per box, plus the boxes are $499 each, and I'd have to have 3.

Dave_DFW

Richardson, TX

The rate notice I received showed a reduction in the price of cablecards and an increase in either basic service or premiums. The changes should wash out for me--I'll have the same bill.

Tivo has been screwing around with its rate plans for years--I don't know why they think it's in their best interest to keep potential customers confused.

Through the end of January, Premieres are $99 each but are locked into a $19.99 monthly rate for one year. You can get them for $0 up front (I think) if you commit to $19.99 for two years.

Almost any way you analyze it, Tivo will never be the cheaper option.

TTYL
David

Dave_DFW

Richardson, TX

1 edit

Wow, TWC sure doesn't make the pricing information easy to find! I don't have the paper copy handy, but this looks like what I received:

»www.timewarnercable.com/MediaLib···llas.pdf

For those of you with TWC DVRs--I assume you have to sum the "DVR converter," "DVR Service," and "cablecard" to get a total price?

TTYL
David

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX

said by Dave_DFW:

Wow, TWC sure doesn't make the pricing information easy to find! I don't have the paper copy handy, but this looks like what I received:

»www.timewarnercable.com/MediaLib···llas.pdf

For those of you with TWC DVRs--I assume you have to sum the "DVR converter," "DVR Service," and "cablecard" to get a total price?

TTYL
David

Almost, it's just the DVR converter and Service, not the cable cards. $16.98 a month per box.

Dave_DFW

Richardson, TX

Hmm, so the pdf I found lists only the old rates?

TTYL
David

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

Here's my monthly statement:

12/13-01/12 Awg Home Network
$.00
12/13-01/12 Road Runner Extreme
$25.00
12/13-01/12 All Access TV
$17.99
12/13-01/12 Surf 'n View
$88.99
12/13-01/12 Dual Tuner HD DVR W/rm
$16.98
$16.98
$16.98
-View Taxes and Fees$22.07
12/03 Franchise Fee $7.32
12/03 State And Local Sales Tax - Video / HSD $14.18
12/03 FCC Regulatory Fee - Cable $.07
12/03 Irving Fees $.50

rrldtx6

join:2006-07-21
Dallas, TX

My price for content is fixed for 24 months...my box prices are all going up $1 each per month, 1 DVR + 3 HD STB's - so for me it's an additional $4/mo. Not thrilled about it, but it's not so bad for me.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

what are the new prices for boxes?

So the prices for boxes is going to be $7.99 a month now + DVR service when applicable?

Also did the letter come in the january bill?

rrldtx6

Dallas, TX

I got a separate letter yesterday with my changes on the reverse side, effective with the February bill.

jtltke137

reply to Joe Siegler

This is what I received in a letter. I have paperless statements.

Dear sucker,

In the near future, you will see a rate increase reflected on your Time Warner Cable statement. We want you to know the reasons for this increase.

The new rates are the result of higher programming costs, the development of innovative new features, and continued investment in our infrastructure and network.

Please see the attached rate information grid for more detail. We appreciate your business and continually strive to provide you with new, advanced technology that is simple, easy and enjoyable to use.

We off more HD Channels than ever before, and endless options with Primetime On Demand. And of course, spectacular new 3DTV.

Plus, we provide incredibly fast internet with Road Runner High Speed Online, and VoiceZone which can give you control of you Digital Home Phone from your PC.

We are happy to answer any questions you might have about your service or your bill. Please review your billing statement carefully and feel free to contact us via phone 877-245-9341 or online timewarnercable.com/dallas/support.

Thanks you again for your loyalty as a Time Warner Cable customer. We truly appreciate the opportunity to server you.

Sincerely,

Time Warner Cable

The back of the letter has the increase.

Please refer to the chart below for important information on price adjustments. Rates are effective February 1, 2011 and will be reflected on your February statement.

If you're currently receiving a promotional discount price you will continue to get that rate until the end of the promotional period. At that time, the below rates will apply.

Digital Cable +$4.00
HD DVR +$2.00

motorola870

Arlington, TX

So if I have price lock I wont see changes until it expires? If so good.

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX

said by motorola870:

So if I have price lock I wont see changes until it expires? If so good.

Not sure if price lock applies to the package and equipment or just packages.

In any case, mine read similar but instead of Digital Cable + $4.00 mine read All Access TV + 4.00.

motorola870

Arlington, TX

do you have price lock chamberc?

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX

said by motorola870:

do you have price lock chamberc?

Nope.

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX

I have price lock, which went into effect in December somewhere.

I also have my own equipment (TiVo), the only "equipment" I have from TWC is one Cable Card, which according to what I read is going down in price from $2.95 to $2.50 a month.

Oh, and the tuning adapter, but that's a zero charge item anyway.

rrldtx6

Dallas, TX

I have a price lock, so only my STB/DVR charges are going up by $1/mo each...for now anyway.

motorola870

Arlington, TX

Click for full size
channel changes 1st notices for january 2011

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX

DFW "Non Stop"? Is that just a rename, with the content being the same?

motorola870

Arlington, TX

no KXAS is dropping the weather radar for news and local programming.

Also it looks like something is changing regarding the on screen guide there is a new vod barker on 93-3 that is full screen and is not compatible with iguide so it looks like they might be starting the testing of Navigator on our TWC system.

TWC has showed the motorola DCX platform with Navigator for Multiroom viewing at a the cable show in 2010.

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX

Found this about DFW NonStop.

»www.nbcdfw.com/station/as-seen-o···389.html

jtltke137

reply to Joe Siegler

motorola870,

What has happened to DOCSIS, both locally and nationwide? I haven't heard a peep about it anywhere in the past 6 months. There was all this talk about 150mb speeds and I haven't heard anything recently. It is like the OLED of cable.

motorola870

Arlington, TX

Verizon has the 150Mbps per second over fios TWC locally has Docsis 3.0 with channel bond with speeds of 30/5 $70 and 50/5 $100 they use 4 downstreams and 1 upstream on the docsis 3.0 modems they issue out .

There are plans to roll out extreme and wideband to San Antonio and Austin this year and possibly other texas systems as well.

SteveDFW

@rr.com
reply to Joe Siegler

Any news on when Remote DVR Manager will be here in the DFW? Noticed the option on my services now, and when clicked says you need to be a beta participant?

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX

said by SteveDFW :

Any news on when Remote DVR Manager will be here in the DFW? Noticed the option on my services now, and when clicked says you need to be a beta participant?

The TWCableuntangled blog said they were shooting for Dec 31, 2010... they didn't make it...

The message I've always received is: Error code 704b: DVR Manager is not available in your division at this time.

Don't hold your breath... with iGuide and the motorola system, I expect we'll be lucky to get it in 2011... but here's to hoping I'm wrong.

motorola870

Arlington, TX

navigator might be coming to our system sometime in the first quarter of the year.

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX

said by motorola870:

navigator might be coming to our system sometime in the first quarter of the year.

LOL... not a chance.