Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Joe Siegler

join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX
reply to SketchyONE

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

I'll have to check shortly, as my kid is watching her post school PBS shows at the moment.

But yeah, I think the one thing I want more than any other channel at the moment is BBC America HD.

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX

1 edit
My list in the first message had a few errors, I noticed. One of which was having G4 in there twice.

Here's an updated list of what was added today.

727 - The Outdoor Channel HD
728 - Investigation Discovery HD
729 - G4 HD
730 - HSN HD
731 - WE HD (Women's Channel, I think)
732 - History International HD
733 - The Cooking Channel HD
734 - DIY HD
735 - CMT HD
737 - Nickolodeon HD
742 - Fox Business HD
743 - TruTV HD
750 - VH1 HD
772 - National Geographic Wild HD
782 - NBA TV HD
793 - GOL TV HD
794 - Big Ten HD
795 - Tennis Channel HD
818 - HBO Latino HD
819 - HBO Family HD
821 - HBO Zone HD
826 - Action Max HD
831 - Showtime 2 HD
957 - Team HD PPV

Of these, there's several I appear not to have a programming level for. They are: 732, 733, 734, 793, and 818 - 957.

These are the three yet to go out.

441 - KFWD HD
725 - TV One HD
726 - Galavision HD

I would have liked to have had KFWD in HD when they were running the original Star Trek episodes on Sunday nights in their remastered form.

Edit: I've submitted a missing channel report for all the channels added today (even the ones I don't have access to due to not having digital plus tier) with TiVo. Hopefully we'll get some listings by the weekend, but I'd say start of next week might be more realistic.

ab3tx

join:2004-02-09
Dallas, TX
reply to Joe Siegler
At this moment, KFWD in HD is pretty pointless. *All* programming is upconverted SD, even when they have HD source material. I'm not sure of the exact electron flow, but while they can broadcast a HD signal, some master control bits are pure SD, with no current time frame for an upgrade.

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX
reply to Joe Siegler
They're all on in 75063. Outdoor HD too, so my life is now complete!
--
»www.nra.org

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to Joe Siegler
817 HBO comedy HD
832 showtime showcase HD
839 Starz Egde HD

were also added so they need a missing channel report.

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX

1 edit
said by motorola870:

817 HBO comedy HD
832 showtime showcase HD
839 Starz Egde HD

were also added so they need a missing channel report.
done.

Edit: All these channels show up on tivo.com as "null" channels, which is what happened to 'em a day or three before showing up on my TiVo with guide info. Either they acted really quickly on my reports, or someone else had gotten 'em in before me.

rrldtx6

join:2006-07-21
Dallas, TX
reply to Joe Siegler
So I guess what we're still waiting for, in addition to a few HD channels like BBC America and some of the additional premium movie channels, is the multi room DVR.

Any further update on it's rollout, additional costs, etc?

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
said by rrldtx6:

So I guess what we're still waiting for, in addition to a few HD channels like BBC America and some of the additional premium movie channels, is the multi room DVR.

Any further update on it's rollout, additional costs, etc?
Pure conjecture, but since the 3400's they're giving out don't support it, and iGuide has major problems handling it from other reports, I wouldn't hold my breath.
--
»www.nra.org

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX
Got an email from TiVo saying my lineup issues have been deal with.

Forcing a call to see if the new channels are in today's data packet, or if it will be tomorrow.

np23

join:2005-10-28
united state
reply to Joe Siegler
Could Joe or someone post a full list of HD channels now available on TWC in DFW?

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX

1 edit
said by np23:

Could Joe or someone post a full list of HD channels now available on TWC in DFW?
That's on the TWC website, or at least should be.

The most recent stuff might not be, but that's above in my post.

np23

united state
said by Joe Siegler:

said by np23:

That's on the TWC website, or at least should be.

The most recent stuff might not be, but that's above in my post.
They updated the site...my bad.

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX

4 edits
Anyone else's TV down? Just noticed around 10:15 that all my TV is down. Internet is up. Phone is up. Just TV.

Edit: tried rebooting my tuning adapter. It thought about it for a minute, and locked on, going solid. No change. I hope it's not my hardware, as the last thing i want is for a TWC tech to come out here. Ugh.

Edit 2: rebooted Tivo. It got stuck. Shit. Rebooting again. Make matters worse, there's tv in the bedroom, so it's local to my living room. See remark about twc tech from first edit.

Edit 3: second reboot of the Tivo worked. Im back. Odd that it just stopped showingtv like that. Thats a new one for me.

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
said by Joe Siegler:

Anyone else's TV down? Just noticed around 10:15 that all my TV is down. Internet is up. Phone is up. Just TV.
Nope, not in 75063.
--
»www.nra.org

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX
Saw a couple of changes in the latest (Sep 1) update on the TWC website:

Leased Access from Basic Service Channel 15 Analog to Basic Service Channel 15 Digital

Discovery Kids Channel 120 in Dallas and 100 in Greenville will change its name to “hub” on 10/10/10

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
said by Joe Siegler:

Saw a couple of changes in the latest (Sep 1) update on the TWC website:

Leased Access from Basic Service Channel 15 Analog to Basic Service Channel 15 Digital

Discovery Kids Channel 120 in Dallas and 100 in Greenville will change its name to “hub” on 10/10/10
leased access moving to digital only was in the august 2nd legal of the month as well

I believe they are making all of the PEG channels on 15.x subchannels as they are 15-x for QAM in dallas,plano,richardson,mesquite right now the other cities run them at 127-x channels for QAM

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX
I went to tv.yahoo.com today and looked at their listings for TWC in Dallas. They have channel guide info for all the new channels. Which is good news for TiVo, we'll probably see it today or tomorrow.

But, they have listings for 725 (TVONE HD) & 726 (Galavision HD), which were not added a few days ago. Odd that there's program info for those.

Dave_DFW

join:2008-02-12
Richardson, TX
reply to Joe Siegler
My Tivos just received the updated guide info today for all the new HD channels.

DallasAg

join:2009-12-11
Rowlett, TX
said by Dave_DFW:

My Tivos just received the updated guide info today for all the new HD channels.
Not here in Rowlett yet, and I just forced a connection......

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX
reply to Dave_DFW
They showed up here, too. Sat afternoon. They also added 725 & 726, which TWC didn't actually add yet.

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX
reply to DallasAg
said by DallasAg:

said by Dave_DFW:

Not here in Rowlett yet, and I just forced a connection......
Usually takes a number of hours to process the inbound data. When I know new channels are coming like this, I usually force a few calls a day just to make sure.

DallasAg

join:2009-12-11
Rowlett, TX
reply to Joe Siegler
New channel guide info is here now as well as of this morning.

np23

united state
reply to Joe Siegler
I wanted to try some new HD on TWC & the guy's coming Thursday. Which HD DVRs are being distributed these days? Is there a better model to ask for?

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
said by np23:

I wanted to try some new HD on TWC & the guy's coming Thursday. Which HD DVRs are being distributed these days? Is there a better model to ask for?
Motorola DCX3400 is the best they're giving these days.
--
»www.nra.org

np23

united state
said by chamberc:

said by np23:

Thanks chamber. Hopefully, he'll have one. I like the look better than the gray ones I had 4-5 years ago.

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
said by np23:

said by chamberc:

said by np23:

Thanks chamber. Hopefully, he'll have one. I like the look better than the gray ones I had 4-5 years ago.
Same software... same GUI.. slightly more responsive.
--
»www.nra.org

bwillcox

join:2010-09-14
Lewisville, TX
reply to Joe Siegler
New here but been following the threads with interest. Using a Tivo HD + Moto Mstream card + MTR700 TA and the combo is working well. PQ is good and the SDV doesn't seem to be giving me any problems.

What is with TW flagging everything on a digital channel except for the OTA channels as CCI 0x02 (copyrighted and cannot download via TTG)???

That just a headend problem or normal policy of TW since they are a content provider themselves?

Thanks gang
Brent

openaddy

join:2004-12-19
Richardson, TX

2 edits
said by bwillcox:

What is with TW flagging everything on a digital channel except for the OTA channels as CCI 0x02 (copyrighted and cannot download via TTG)???
Apparently that's just TW's M.O.:

»lauren.vortex.com/archive/000310.html

There was a time when TW wasn't this obsessive compulsive about setting CCI 0x02 for basically all channels, and about a year ago all CCI was 0x00 for a couple of months -- it was a nice time. But somebody at TW must have noticed and set everything to 0x02 again. Lame!

Dave_DFW

join:2008-02-12
Richardson, TX
The problem is that FCC rules allow TWC to basically set CCI as they wish. There are a couple of exceptions for 0x03 (reserved for PPV) and unrestricted locals.

It is very unfriendly to consumers to set a blanket 0x02. The intent must be to cripple third-party devices and in turn make their own dysfunctional DVR more competitive.

Tivo isn't blameless in this situation--their multi-room viewing feature depends on making copies. They have known for years that most people can't use MRV because of the CCI issue but they have done nothing to implement a different strategy.

Justin024

join:2010-08-11
Irving, TX

1 edit
reply to Joe Siegler
Is anyone noticing the Road Runner slowing to a crawl tonight? I'm on 30/5 and my ping is 335ms and .06Mb/s up. WTF? 75039