share rss forum feed

Joe Siegler

join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX
reply to DallasAg

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

said by DallasAg:

said by Dave_DFW:

My Tivos just received the updated guide info today for all the new HD channels.
Not here in Rowlett yet, and I just forced a connection......
Usually takes a number of hours to process the inbound data. When I know new channels are coming like this, I usually force a few calls a day just to make sure.

DallasAg

join:2009-12-11
Rowlett, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

New channel guide info is here now as well as of this morning.

np23

join:2005-10-28
united state
reply to Joe Siegler

I wanted to try some new HD on TWC & the guy's coming Thursday. Which HD DVRs are being distributed these days? Is there a better model to ask for?

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX

said by np23:

I wanted to try some new HD on TWC & the guy's coming Thursday. Which HD DVRs are being distributed these days? Is there a better model to ask for?
Motorola DCX3400 is the best they're giving these days.
--
»www.nra.org

np23

united state

said by chamberc:

said by np23:

Thanks chamber. Hopefully, he'll have one. I like the look better than the gray ones I had 4-5 years ago.

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX

said by np23:

said by chamberc:

said by np23:

Thanks chamber. Hopefully, he'll have one. I like the look better than the gray ones I had 4-5 years ago.
Same software... same GUI.. slightly more responsive.
--
»www.nra.org

bwillcox

join:2010-09-14
Lewisville, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

New here but been following the threads with interest. Using a Tivo HD + Moto Mstream card + MTR700 TA and the combo is working well. PQ is good and the SDV doesn't seem to be giving me any problems.

What is with TW flagging everything on a digital channel except for the OTA channels as CCI 0x02 (copyrighted and cannot download via TTG)???

That just a headend problem or normal policy of TW since they are a content provider themselves?

Thanks gang
Brent

openaddy

join:2004-12-19
Richardson, TX

2 edits

said by bwillcox:

What is with TW flagging everything on a digital channel except for the OTA channels as CCI 0x02 (copyrighted and cannot download via TTG)???
Apparently that's just TW's M.O.:

»lauren.vortex.com/archive/000310.html

There was a time when TW wasn't this obsessive compulsive about setting CCI 0x02 for basically all channels, and about a year ago all CCI was 0x00 for a couple of months -- it was a nice time. But somebody at TW must have noticed and set everything to 0x02 again. Lame!

Dave_DFW

join:2008-02-12
Richardson, TX

The problem is that FCC rules allow TWC to basically set CCI as they wish. There are a couple of exceptions for 0x03 (reserved for PPV) and unrestricted locals.

It is very unfriendly to consumers to set a blanket 0x02. The intent must be to cripple third-party devices and in turn make their own dysfunctional DVR more competitive.

Tivo isn't blameless in this situation--their multi-room viewing feature depends on making copies. They have known for years that most people can't use MRV because of the CCI issue but they have done nothing to implement a different strategy.

Justin024

join:2010-08-11
Irving, TX

1 edit
reply to Joe Siegler

Is anyone noticing the Road Runner slowing to a crawl tonight? I'm on 30/5 and my ping is 335ms and .06Mb/s up. WTF? 75039

ab3tx

join:2004-02-09
Dallas, TX

I've got the same problem in Plano. My speeds are .41/.01Mb/s with a 274ms ping.

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX

said by ab3tx:

I've got the same problem in Plano. My speeds are .41/.01Mb/s with a 274ms ping.
Over in the RR broadband board they're reporting some Level 3 problems. My line monitor (and most everyone in Texas) is showing increased ping times from the east coast.

»/testhistory?view=21

I'm second down on the list there.
--
»www.nra.org

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

ESPN 3

»www.twcableuntangled.com/2010/09···plement/
--
»www.nra.org

np23

united state
reply to Joe Siegler

How's TWC's OnDemand selection for ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX network shows? The new fall lineup is packed with great shows.

openaddy

join:2004-12-19
Richardson, TX

You can check out TW's OnDemand offerings here:

»www.twondemand.com/

CBS and NBC are listed, but not Fox nor ABC. In a pinch, you can always watch something online, I suppose.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

public access channels have moved from 127-x to 15-x

Leased access has moved to digital only

digital simulcast has moved to these frequencies only
129MHz
615MHz
657MHz
663MHz
669MHz
705MHz
723MHz
729MHz

these frequencies have opened up
123MHz
567MHz
573MHz
813MHz

analog 14 which is 123MHz is blank now no channel could be a glitch and KFWD should still be on there.

two new HD channels have been added note one is duplicated
725 BET HD should only be on 749
726 GALAVISION HD

TV ONE HD 725 is not showing up yet.

JayM34

@rr.com
reply to Joe Siegler

When do we get Comedy Central or MSNBC in HD, if ever?

np23

united state

said by JayM34 :

When do we get Comedy Central or MSNBC in HD, if ever?
They're both in HD.
Comedy Central HD - 746
MSNBC HD - 766

DallasAg

Rowlett, TX

Saw a WFAA (local ABC channel 8) ad about TWC dropping them due to contract dispute tonight. What are the chances of them really not coming to terms? I have my Tivo connected to an antenna for OTA as well, should I shift my series recordings to OTA 8-1 to make sure I record them? Thoughts?

JayM34

@rr.com
reply to np23

Huh. Wow. When did that happen?

I've become a slave to my favorites lists.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to openaddy

ABC content should be available on Primetime On Demand in the not too distant future. Included in the new contract with Disney was ABC On Demand and Start Over enabled on Disney owned channels.

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX

1 edit
reply to motorola870

said by motorola870:

two new HD channels have been added note one is duplicated
725 BET HD should only be on 749
726 GALAVISION HD

TV ONE HD 725 is not showing up yet.
They're both here. 726 is Galavision HD. 725 is TV One HD. Not BET, although the programming might SEEM like BET.

Both are on, and both have TiVo guide info.

That other KFWD one is not here, btw.

motorola870

Arlington, TX

no joe actually they had BET HD on 725 when they added GALAVISION HD around 12:00 am thursday and around 2am when I checked again it was TVONE HD.

runner77

join:2010-03-12
Frisco, TX

3 edits
reply to Joe Siegler

Does anyone know why CBS Dallas is not showing the early NFL game? The rest of the country is getting a CBS double header except for Dallas and a few other metro areas......WTH???

»the506.com/sports/?cat=14

ETA: Nevermind....
"The NFL rules prohibit other NFL games from being shown on local television stations while a local team is playing a sold-out home game. The rules are designed to encourage ticket-holders show up at the stadium instead of watching the other game on television." (Really?!?...Do you think ticket holders are going to stay home to watch another game rather than see their favorite team live?)

"When the home team is being shown on the network with the NFL singleheader, the doubleheader station can only air one of its games. When this happens, there are only two games shown in the market. When, however, the home team is being shown on the network with the NFL doubleheader, all three games can air in the same market."

jtltke137

join:2009-02-28
reply to Joe Siegler

There were 4 channels that were showing the Cowboy game today:

4 KDFW Dallas, Texas (FOX)
356 KDFW Dallas, Texas (FOX)
357 KDFW HD Dallas, Texas (FOX)
358 KDFWDT Dallas, Texas (FOX)

The first SD channel is for the analog customers, the second SD channel for digital cable, and the third for HD viewers.

The last one has me confused. I think this is a "supplemental" channel that Fox gets along with their HD bandwidth. If they are using that to show the same broadcast then what is the point. It is just a waste of bandwidth.

motorola870

Arlington, TX

358 Fox4 has nothing to do with Fox4 it is a TWC dallas channel line up thing only it was for when they had analog on 4 and 356 for STB and 358 was digital only but since we have complete digital simulcast now they are all the same feed except 357 which is HD the only fox that is analog is direct connect analog 4 .

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

What a bummer... they're rolling out web enabled DVR scheduling to non iGuide markets... hopefully iGuide will get it in the next 5-10 years.
--
»www.nra.org

DallasAg

Rowlett, TX
reply to DallasAg

said by DallasAg:

Saw a WFAA (local ABC channel 8) ad about TWC dropping them due to contract dispute tonight. What are the chances of them really not coming to terms? I have my Tivo connected to an antenna for OTA as well, should I shift my series recordings to OTA 8-1 to make sure I record them? Thoughts?
WFAA is continuing to air this message that their contract with TWC ends on 9/25. This seems like a local WFAA issue, not with ABC network as a whole. They even aired a news story tonight about it. See:

»www.wfaa.com/on-tv/promotions/twc

Wonder who will blink first. I am going to change my TIVO series recordings to use OTA 8-1 me thinks.

Joe Siegler

Garland, TX

said by DallasAg:

Wonder who will blink first. I am going to change my TIVO series recordings to use OTA 8-1 me thinks.
Wouldn't that be a better option anyway? I would think if you have a good OTA signal, it would be better than cable anyway, wouldn't it?

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX

said by Joe Siegler:

said by DallasAg:

Wouldn't that be a better option anyway? I would think if you have a good OTA signal, it would be better than cable anyway, wouldn't it?
Certainly has higher bitrates than TWC, but it seems unlikely they'll stop carrying it.
--
»www.nra.org