Most of my channels are blank too.

Pine59
Premium Member
join:2002-04-03
Dallas, TX

Pine59 to Joe Siegler

Premium Member

to Joe Siegler
Back on for about 10 minutes. I wish they could post a "known problem" type message on the phone or on the North Texas website instead of the phone line just going down under the traffic.

Be interested if anyone has info on what happened. Thanks for the replies.

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

Everything is back on here now too.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

1 edit

hobgoblin to Pine59

Premium Member

to Pine59
"Back on for about 10 minutes. I wish they could post a "known problem" type message on the phone or on the North Texas website instead of the phone line just going down under the traffic."

Unfortunately the trunks busy out due to volume a large outage causes, sure you could get more capacity but to be honest all you are doing then is creating a Queue no one can handle.
If you are a twitter user @TWCableHelp can show whether there is an issue or not, looking at the tweets from the last hour, there clearly was!

The first tweet shows up from @TWCableHelp at 7.46pm. before most of these posts.

Hob

Pine59
Premium Member
join:2002-04-03
Dallas, TX

Pine59

Premium Member

Thanks Hob. I didn't think about Twitter.
JSUL
join:2011-09-09
Arlington, TX

JSUL

I knew there must be a major problem too.

I always unhook my cable box and then run the wire straight to the TV to check what basic channels are coming down the line and sure enough, almost all had the black screen 'this channel will become available shortly....code S0012' message, so I knew it was above and beyond a simple reboot of the cable box.

Now all the 'new' adult channels are listed in the guide...whoopeee! (sarcasm)

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by JSUL:

I knew there must be a major problem too.

I always unhook my cable box and then run the wire straight to the TV to check what basic channels are coming down the line and sure enough, almost all had the black screen 'this channel will become available shortly....code S0012' message, so I knew it was above and beyond a simple reboot of the cable box.

Now all the 'new' adult channels are listed in the guide...whoopeee! (sarcasm)

nope the adult channels are still the same as they have been for a while only thing new in the 900s is the 3D Special events 2 on 998. You will know when changes take effect as they are dropping 5 of the In Demand PPV channels from 902-906 and rearranging channels in the 900s and there will be 9 linear Adult channels instead of 7.

I think tommorow is when the HD On Demand tittle channels are removed as they start saying to be announced instead of a tittle and they are listed as being removed. Also a lot of TWC systems are getting cutting Edge on demand back on February 2nd which I think is when we are getting it back too also it will have the same on demand channels as before back when we had it the first time.

also we may be getting a temporary 3DPPV feed for this weekends UFC event probrably by thursday if we get it.
motorola870

motorola870

I think yesterday's problem had to have been an issue with equipment in Dallas as how widespread the issue was. I know that the SDV Servers and VOD Servers are in Dallas and probrably all of the Satellite decoders and possibly CMTS's. I don't know if the QAMs are located at the physical hub sites or are centralized in Dallas but Arlington has a large Satellite dish aray behind the local office maybe to be a backup site incase dallas went out or just left over from headend consolidation.

Also VOD was nocked out with the outage I was getting Error 32 OSSP something when trying to tune a VOD program and my QAM tuner TV was not picking up encrypted streams on:
579MHz
585MHz
591MHz
597MHz

were the VOD/startover channels reside.

that seemed to be cleared up this morning with VOD and likely startover/lookback.
IFLYSWA
join:2004-10-30
Frisco, TX

IFLYSWA to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
So, exactly what is Signature Service? From the mailer I received it sounds like you get the same products as everyone else, but you can get your calls answered more quickly, and presumably get priority on other matters such as installs and repair. I am not sure what it costs, but unless there is a product-based component to the offering I can't see myself being interested...

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by IFLYSWA:

So, exactly what is Signature Service? From the mailer I received it sounds like you get the same products as everyone else, but you can get your calls answered more quickly, and presumably get priority on other matters such as installs and repair. I am not sure what it costs, but unless there is a product-based component to the offering I can't see myself being interested...

it is basically 2 DCX3400M DVR's, 50Mbit internet, and Digital Phone for $200 a month for I think a year and it only comes with digital basic(old comcast digital classic tier) but I think they can add on more tiers and I think there is a deal where you can add on all of the premium channels to the package. I would suggest the All access package if you are wanting to get digital plus, sports, mas canales, digtal extra, and HD tier as it saves some money$$$ it is only 17.99($18) instead of 6.99($7)x(5)=($35) a savings of $17 and that tier is a non promo price.
IFLYSWA
join:2004-10-30
Frisco, TX

IFLYSWA

Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound worth it for me, anyway. Odd that they price it with such basic cable TV service, though...

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

looks like TWC is testing out the 1000s channel range! look at channel 1411! it is encrypted and SDV!
jshuler
join:2004-11-29
Dallas, TX

jshuler

I was used to being able to enter 3 digit channel number to change channel. Now I have to enter 4 or press ok button.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

looks like TWC is testing out the 1000s channel range! look at channel 1411! it is encrypted and SDV!

It was a channel set up for an internal Time Warner special event restricted to employee boxes.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

well it has reappeared in the guide after being taken down but now it is saying one moment please and the S0012 error. I am assuming they readded it for testing the 1000s on the motorola boxes with iGuide in North Texas.

MeInDallas
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas to motorola870

to motorola870
I'll take it! Maybe they are looking to add more HD channels

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by MeInDallas:

I'll take it! Maybe they are looking to add more HD channels

it is an employee news channel that was for a town hall meeting today for TWC employees only. I am assuming they are keeping it in the guide to make sure that the 1000s range on iGuide in North Texas works. The 1000s are used in Wichita Falls on iGuide equipped boxes so we could see the Game and Team extra HD feeds be added in the 1000s eventually although they are clearing out 713-722 for more room for HD channels down in that range.

runner77
join:2010-03-12
Frisco, TX

runner77

Does anyone know if I can swap my DVR out for a DCX3400-M box if I don't have the whole home DVR setup? In other words, does TWC let non-whole home customers to have the DCX3400-M box?

MeInDallas
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

Sometimes they do, it just depends on who you get at the counter when you go in. Theres a big TWC equipment warehouse over off LBJ and Centerville road where I got mine at, and I asked for new ones, and the lady just handed them to me and didnt ask anything.

Are you just wanting it for the larger hard drive?

runner77
join:2010-03-12
Frisco, TX

runner77

I have a newer DVR box so space isn't an issue for me. When the new whole home service rolled out I had it for about 3 months but ran into a bunch of issues with the playback boxes not talking to the main DVR (DCX3400-M).

When I got rid of the service, I lost the new iguide and I really miss having the new menus & options.
Phil75070
join:2005-08-17
Mckinney, TX

Phil75070

Speaking of whole home service, is that the only way to get the advertised "look back" and "start over" functionality?

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

Yep and caller id and the android app too.
JSUL
Arlington, TX

JSUL to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
Anyone with NHL Center Ice notice that the Buffalo feed of their game with the Philadelphia Fylers was blacked out last night? The Flyers feed was shown on a different channel....the schedule listed both feeds (home/away) for this matchup.

Someone @ TWC or Center Ice (not sure who sits at the switchboard for N TX/DFW area) must have been alseep.

At first, I thought this might be an MSG issue, but no, since later at 7 pm we had the NY Islander feed of their game w/St Louis Blues....and the STL feed as this also was listed as home/away feeds on different channels.

The home/away feed of the Dallas Stars/Calgary Flames game
was blacked out, like it should be: Stars are local market team....but to black out the Buffalo feed?

I did not waste my time calling local support, as their answer would be 'reboot the box' or 'let me schedule a technician for you...'

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by JSUL:

Anyone with NHL Center Ice notice that the Buffalo feed of their game with the Philadelphia Fylers was blacked out last night? The Flyers feed was shown on a different channel....the schedule listed both feeds (home/away) for this matchup.

Someone @ TWC or Center Ice (not sure who sits at the switchboard for N TX/DFW area) must have been alseep.

At first, I thought this might be an MSG issue, but no, since later at 7 pm we had the NY Islander feed of their game w/St Louis Blues....and the STL feed as this also was listed as home/away feeds on different channels.

The home/away feed of the Dallas Stars/Calgary Flames game
was blacked out, like it should be: Stars are local market team....but to black out the Buffalo feed?

I did not waste my time calling local support, as their answer would be 'reboot the box' or 'let me schedule a technician for you...'

yeah I would get a hold of direct support here as it is not only affecting center ice it is also affecting league pass.

Raider
@rr.com

Raider

Anon

Anyone with a current qam listing. There has been an update to ABC, CBS, PBS and others that I must have missed. Thanks.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

1 edit

chamberc to runner77

Premium Member

to runner77
said by runner77:

Does anyone know if I can swap my DVR out for a DCX3400-M box if I don't have the whole home DVR setup? In other words, does TWC let non-whole home customers to have the DCX3400-M box?

I swapped out 2 of my three 3400's this week for 3400m boxes. I am glad to have remote DVR but am not in love with Navagator. You can only see 8 characters of the name of the program you recorded and the menu lag reminds you of pre a28 iGuide. If this is the future, it may be worse than iGuide.

Sigh.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by chamberc:

said by runner77:

I swapped out 2 of my three 3400's this week for 3400m boxes. I am glad to have remote DVR but am not in love with Navagator. You can only see 8 characters of the name of the program you recorded and the menu lag reminds you of pre a28 iGuide. If this is the future, it may be worse than iGuide.

Sigh.

keep the remaining DCX3400 as long as you can I was told yesterday by a csr that coming very soon that the iGuide boxes are going to get the update for Start Over/Lookback and Caller id on TV. There should be an announcement in the bill as early as next month. I was told back in november it should be around april of this year that the update should happen. I was also told you will get a motorola box with navigator unless they only have older DCX3400s or older which they will still give out until they all die out eventually.

MeInDallas
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

I just keep hoping and praying that they will get a 4 tuner DVR soon to keep up with everyone else.
JSUL
Arlington, TX

JSUL to motorola870

to motorola870
Yes....got hold of direct support and their first reply was 'we have no control over the games being blacked out....etc.'

This has nothing to do w/the blackout rules....this Game4/channel 933 has had this same display since Thursday night & so far, today. Something is wrong/stuck....CSR's in Austin/San Antonio/El Paso do not see the 'black out message' on their displays, but the local DFW CSR's do see it but don't know how to fix....then after being told by 2 seperate managers that they would get it fixed (Saturday night) lo and behold, they 'fix' me alright, when the 'free preview' that was being run by NHL Center Ice ended at midnight last night, I lost my connection to the package! All channels said: Subscription service....hit enter to order.' I WAS HOT! I called and got a CSR in Austin this time (1 am.) and he got me reconnected, but I should have stopped there, but I asked him about Game 4 blackout screen, which was a big mistake. He told me that they had no control over what games are blacked out and that some network in the area must have the rights to show the games I was missing & nothing could be done. I told him that what network in DFW got the rights to the following games:
Buffalo/Philadelphia
Tampa Bay/Washington
Columbus/NY Rangers
....I said you have got to be kidding! These are out of local market (Dallas Stars) games and are not being shown on NBC/NBC Sports/NHL Network, so I should get these games.

As FYI, to support my cause during all of this (Fri/Sat/Sun calls), I told them to go to the mosaic channel (942 in DFW) and there you would see the feeds displayed, so why blacked out? No one knows.

I sent a new email to direct support this morning since it has not changed. Today's schedule shows 1 game: Ottawa @ NY Islanders, w/home & away feeds set up on channels 930 & 931....alll other channels are displayaing today's schedule, except
channel 933 (game 4) which still has the black out message. I wounder what game they are blacking out today, since there's not one scheduled? (extreme anger & sarcasm)