Search similar:

uniqs

runner77
join:2010-03-12
Frisco, TX

runner77 to jtltke137

to jtltke137

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

Doesn't TWC disable the ports on the back of all their cable boxes? That would be nice to hookup one of my old HDs to it.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

Click for full size
KAZD looks to going HD soon! though the channel number is still TBA.

I was thinking that we might be getting a local OTA HD channels soon but it was not KAZD that I had in mind it was KTXD as they have their main channel in 16:9 1080i with sidebars OTA. I wonder what they are going to do OTA drop the sub channels and broadcast 1 single HD channel or drop 2 SD subchannels and have a .1 , .2 , and .3 subchannels?

I am going to assume that channel 399 is where it will end up in Dallas and channel 726 in Greenville maybe with Galavision HD moving to 812 in Greenville?
motorola870

motorola870

channel 800 has been added it is MLB Network's strike zone HD which has highlights similar to NFL Redzone and only shows programming on tuesday and friday nights.

it is in the sports pass/HD sports pass/all access tv tiers

it is SDV and 720p.

julesism
join:2001-12-12
North Little Rock, AR
Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway
Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-LITE

julesism to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
Hello, I meant to post earlier in the week... just curious if anyone in the area uses a cablecard and if so, are there any issues\headaches? I signed up for El Paquetazo and 1 cablecard. I have a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime waiting for TWC. My install is today. Hopefully the installer is somewhat familiar with CC's. I hope he has the USB Tuning Adapter on him. I read up on things and it looks like it's required for SDV. My plan is to add the above to an exiting FiOS HDHRPrime and OTA unit. Hopefully the only issue I'll deal with is dupe channel numbers. Thanks in advance.

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

said by julesism:

Hello, I meant to post earlier in the week... just curious if anyone in the area uses a cablecard and if so, are there any issues\headaches? I signed up for El Paquetazo and 1 cablecard. I have a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime waiting for TWC. My install is today. Hopefully the installer is somewhat familiar with CC's. I hope he has the USB Tuning Adapter on him. I read up on things and it looks like it's required for SDV. My plan is to add the above to an exiting FiOS HDHRPrime and OTA unit. Hopefully the only issue I'll deal with is dupe channel numbers. Thanks in advance.

I live in the Dallas area, and I have 4 cable cards and tuning adapters. I dont have any problems with them at all. Back in 2008 when TWC first started using them they were a complete nightmare, but things have changed so much since then. I dont know why you just didnt go to the office and pick them up yourself and do the "self install" and call the hotline (866-606-5889) to get them paired up. Much much easier to me than having a truck roll. The only problem I had was with a Tivo Elite that I purchased 2 months ago, but in the end it was the Elite and some major flaw they have in them when attached to the TWC system here in my area. I just went to my local office here, asked for the cable cards and tuning adapters and they gave them to me. Came home and installed them, called the hotline and had them going within minutes. Easy Peasy.

julesism
join:2001-12-12
North Little Rock, AR
Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway
Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-LITE

4 edits

julesism to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
I had a truck roll to get the TWC line reconnected at my apt building tap and in the attic. That was easy. From what I can tell, the tuning adapter and CC are sync'd and happy. The HDHomeRun application sees the entire lineup but it's only able to tune clear channels at the moment...
UPDATE
My tuning adapter went back to flashing yellow. I was told it should be solid yellow. The HDHR app is not able to get the lineup from the device\card. Below is status page from the HDHomeRun Prime's web interface. I removed the card addresses and etc:
julesism

3 edits

julesism

UPDATE #2
Compared to my FiOS CC setup which was truly a piece of cake, this has been a bit of a nightmare so far :/ I've spoken to 3 different CC tech's. The 1st rep was very knowledgeable. Long story short, we determined my CC was bad. I went down to the Farmers Branch office and swapped cards. The second rep got the new card activated so I let him go so I could begin setting up WMC. I was getting an "Activation Required" on just about every TWC channel. I just got off the line with a third tech. She has scheduled another truck roll for Sunday evening, what for I'm not sure. I guess we may try a STB. Some channels were working (300s) but most are not. In between Activation Required messages, I was receiving Subscription Required on many of the channels after the last tech reset things/sent hits. I'm now back to Activation Required on channels that were working moments ago. The only channel that has worked every time is 802-ESPN Deportes HD. Idealy, I want to watch Fox Soccer HD, Fox Soccer Plus HD, and GolTV HD. At this point, even SD would be fine. If I get the main WMC hub working, my next problem will be getting rid of the Copy Prohibited messages from my media center extenders. Thank goodness my FiOS HDHR Prime is working flawless on the WMC hub and all extenders. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I'd really like to get this to work. I (should be) subbed to the El Paquetazo package. My guess is the issue is not WMC. Using the HDHR software/apps, I see the same results when trying to tune channels. The channels giving me errors in WMC do not play in the HDHR app. The very few subscription channels that do work and basic/broadcast channels that work in WMC work on the HDHR app. I'm wondering if package info is missing or perhaps my Tuning Adapter is wonky. Maybe if I am bored tomorrow I can swing by the office again and pick up a STB to see if it gets all the channels I should be receiving. Thanks in advance.

Setup details:
1 x HDHR ATSC/OTA tuner
2 x HDHR Primes
-1 for FiOS (working perfectly)
-1 for TWC (nightmare)
WMC on 7Pro PC
-TunerSalad has been installed to increase tuner limit to 12. It is seeing 6 CC tuners, 3 per HDHR. I have rescanned and even reset WMC and ran through the setup again.
3 x Xbox 360's to view live/recorded shows

PerplexedPOS

Anon

Just got TWC. I have the new DCX3510 box with a UR5U-8790L remote. Any idea how to program this remote to send a 30 second skip to the DVR? I've seen similar posts for older Motorola boxes but the key sequence doesn't appear to be the same. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Joe Siegler
join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX

1 edit

Joe Siegler to julesism

to julesism
Hello gang. Haven't posted in awhile. Hopefully some thread regulars might remember me as one of the Tuning Adapter guinea pig guys from 2008 (with a TiVo).

Anyway, I've got question about the Cable Internet speeds. A year ago when I disconnected my cable TV service due to unemployment and needing to drop costs, I did that. At that time, the CS agent in retention at TWC hooked me up with a deal, that gave me Cable Internet (with Turbo) & Nationwide Home Phone for about $75 a month (WITH taxes included).

That deal has now expired, and as I'm still bloody unemployed, I had to call today to see what their current deals were. The folks in retention said there were no current deals involving Internet, but the guy said he was able to package the service together in such a way that I'd keep the phone and Internet, but with a bill now (including taxes) of $87 a month. Told me that if he had not done that, the bill would have been around $110.

The downside is that it took away their "Turbo" level of internet speeds. Which brings me to the reason I'm posting here at the moment anyway.

What is the level of speed I should expect from Time Warner's Internet service with the Turbo "off"? I vaguely remember seeing something in the last year that the basic Internet speeds were increased at no cost. Could be wrong.
Joe Siegler

1 edit

Joe Siegler

Appear to have answered my own question.

»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· ans.html

That says I should get 10Mb down and 1Mb up. The CSR in retention I spoke with said my downgrade from turbo was immediate, but I'm still seeing down speeds that are more in line with Turbo than not.

This is what a speedtest looks for me now. I expect it will slow down when the system recognizes my new status.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 2484.png

This is what one looked like before the change (ran this yesterday morning from my phone). The 15Mb down was indicative of what kinds of speeds I was getting before they messed with my account today.

»www.speedtest.net/iphone ··· 2645.png

It's almost like my current status has the download speed of "Extreme", and the upload speed of "standard". I checked my account - it shows "standard" as my Internet speed.

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65 to PerplexedPOS

Premium Member

to PerplexedPOS
Navigator and the new remotes do not support 30 sec skip.
OtherguyTX
join:2004-01-06
Irving, TX
Netgear R7000

OtherguyTX to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
I have two questions that I would like to ask.

First, I was watching VOD the other day and then the movie stopped playing and when I tried to get back to VOD I kept on getting error code "CL-SG-3200". Does anybody have any idea what the error code means.

Secondly, has anybody noticed that some shows had entries on VOD but are not being updated with the new episodes. Is this normal and if not, who do I report this to. The local office seems to a little un-informed about this.

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65 to Joe Siegler

Premium Member

to Joe Siegler
ODN v5.2 is coming to the MR boxes and will have a permanent Guide filter.

MeInDallas
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
Dallas area Switched Digital Video seems to be out tonight. I cant even get thru to tech support.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by MeInDallas:

Dallas area Switched Digital Video seems to be out tonight. I cant even get thru to tech support.

SDV is working fine in Arlington.

MeInDallas
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

said by motorola870:

said by MeInDallas:

SDV is working fine in Arlington.

Must just be the head end I'm connected to then. I got on the web chat and they said there were issues and they were sorry and they were working on them. Oh well thank God for DVR's.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

If I am not mistaken Dallas is the headend for all of North Texas now. I believe that the Grapevine, Plano, and Arlington headends are now just transport Hubs. Arlington still has the dishes out back though. I know that all of North Texas' VOD comes from Dallas and I assume that SDV is the same.

Also there was some other changes done this week:

the QAM carrier on 363MHz (analog channel 47) has moved to 153MHz (analog channel 19) so now channel 19 has a digital carrier on it waiting on something to be added to it.

There are some changes planned for june 21st: KXTX HD moving QAM channels probably to 19-1 mapped to 39-1 or 39.1.

I have a feeling that we might be getting another 2 VOD carriers on RF 81 and 82 on the 21st when they move things around.

Also we are getting KAZD in HD soon on channel 399 in the Dallas metro and should be the same in Greenville/Commerce.

as well as:

Shop Zeal 2 channel 170
Shop Zeal 3 channel 171
Shop Zeal 4 channel 172
Shop Zeal 5 channel 173

MeInDallas
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

See I wish I knew as much about it as you do. Unfortunately I dont. I live over in the Urban Park area close to I-30 and White Rock Lake. The main office here is on Chenault Street that was the main office back when it first was TCI Cable in the 80's, and theres like 7 or 8 dishes out beside the big building and a huge antenna. I always thought there were different headends because they use different equipment, but I'm probably wrong about that.

I got a message the other day on one of my Tivo's that there were all these new channels detected and did I want to add them so I said yes. I checked the channel list and it added channels 1000-1040 and channels 3500-3542. I try to tune to them and they are just blank, and then if try on one of my Motorola boxes it throws me back to another channel thats active, so I dont know what they are for. No clue on that one at all, but it was strange that they showed up on the Tivo's. Maybe they are testing them or something?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by MeInDallas:

See I wish I knew as much about it as you do. Unfortunately I dont. I live over in the Urban Park area close to I-30 and White Rock Lake. The main office here is on Chenault Street that was the main office back when it first was TCI Cable in the 80's, and theres like 7 or 8 dishes out beside the big building and a huge antenna. I always thought there were different headends because they use different equipment, but I'm probably wrong about that.

I got a message the other day on one of my Tivo's that there were all these new channels detected and did I want to add them so I said yes. I checked the channel list and it added channels 1000-1040 and channels 3500-3542. I try to tune to them and they are just blank, and then if try on one of my Motorola boxes it throws me back to another channel thats active, so I dont know what they are for. No clue on that one at all, but it was strange that they showed up on the Tivo's. Maybe they are testing them or something?

what are the channels? Are they labeled?

MeInDallas
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

Yeah they have really weird names.

The 1000 series have names like ASTB1 ASTB2 so on and so on. The 3500 series have names like 2000TV 2001TV and halfway thru they change to 2500MA 2501MA which is odd because I never seen them named this way before. We get a lot of messages on Tivo when new channels are detected.
openaddy
join:2004-12-19
Richardson, TX

openaddy to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
I noticed that every night at exactly 1:52am, my switched video will cut out. It does not come back on its own, and I must change to another channel to resume switched video.

Minor annoyance, but I'm curious whether anybody knows what's so magical about 1:52am? I'm in Richardson/Plano, if that explains it somehow...

MeInDallas
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

said by openaddy:

I noticed that every night at exactly 1:52am, my switched video will cut out. It does not come back on its own, and I must change to another channel to resume switched video.

Minor annoyance, but I'm curious whether anybody knows what's so magical about 1:52am? I'm in Richardson/Plano, if that explains it somehow...

Are you using a cable DVR or are you using a Tivo? Sometimes on my Tivo's I notice if I'm not using them for awhile and come back several hours later and turn the TV on I have a message that the channel is not available and I just switch it and then switch back and its there again. I think its the cable card timing out or something like that. If I'm sitting there and watching the same channel for a long long time I get a message that if I'm still watching that channel to hit select on the remote also.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by MeInDallas:

said by openaddy:

Are you using a cable DVR or are you using a Tivo? Sometimes on my Tivo's I notice if I'm not using them for awhile and come back several hours later and turn the TV on I have a message that the channel is not available and I just switch it and then switch back and its there again. I think its the cable card timing out or something like that. If I'm sitting there and watching the same channel for a long long time I get a message that if I'm still watching that channel to hit select on the remote also.

it is not a cablecard timeout more like a SDV channel timeout. I know that on my DCX3400 I sometimes will turn on the tv and a SDV channel will just show a frozen screen and changing a channel will bring back the channel.

MeInDallas
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

I knew it was something that timed out but wasnt sure what. I get that same frozen screen on my 2 DCX3400's as well.
openaddy
join:2004-12-19
Richardson, TX

openaddy

I'm on the Motorola DVR. It's just really curious to me that this happens every night at exactly 1:52am, no matter what SDV channel I'm watching. The screen goes black, and I have to change the channel to get video again.

CBD_DFW
@sbcglobal.net

CBD_DFW to Joe Siegler

Anon

to Joe Siegler
Hi all,

Long time/first time as they say on the call in shows.

I have a playback issue with a DCX3400 I was hoping someone might have a solution for. Shows seem to record fine but when I go to play them, all navigation functions are toast. If I press any pause/skip/ff/rr etc button the show automatically goes back to the beginnning and starts over. Super frustrating. I can't even pause a show as when I hit play again...boom...start over.

Phone help has had no clue, they say unplug/replug or that they will send a "reset" signal down the line. That doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know of this or a way to fix it? New firmware etc?

If I have to trade in the box I will lose a ton of recordings I haven't watched yet.

Any help appreciated.

P.S. - I am in Dallas if that helps.
flex727
join:2001-12-29
Allen, TX

flex727

said by CBD_DFW :

I have a playback issue with a DCX3400 I was hoping someone might have a solution for. Shows seem to record fine but when I go to play them, all navigation functions are toast. If I press any pause/skip/ff/rr etc button the show automatically goes back to the beginnning and starts over. Super frustrating. I can't even pause a show as when I hit play again...boom...start over.

Any help appreciated.

Try replacing the remote control.
SketchyONE
join:2010-09-04
Plano, TX

1 edit

SketchyONE to CBD_DFW

to CBD_DFW
Mods delete this, sorry
SketchyONE

SketchyONE to CBD_DFW

to CBD_DFW
said by CBD_DFW :

Same box same problem in Plano yesterday. Lost 3-4 shows cause of it. Would record but then would skip to the beginning of the show if I tried to do anything.

Tried to unplug it and didn't fix anything the first time but then I unplugged it again for like minutes and it seems to be semi OK right now. Still seems to be having issues with the end of shows but is recording shows.

CBD_DFW
@108.244.113.x

CBD_DFW to flex727

Anon

to flex727
said by flex727:

Try replacing the remote control.

flex,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did in fact try 2 other remotes of the same model. They didn't help any.