uniqs

CBD_DFW
@108.244.113.x

CBD_DFW to SketchyONE

Anon

to SketchyONE

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

said by SketchyONE:

Tried to unplug it and didn't fix anything the first time but then I unplugged it again for like minutes and it seems to be semi OK right now. Still seems to be having issues with the end of shows but is recording shows.

Thanks for the thoughts.

My problem has attacked intermittently for a few months now. I have successfully corrected it before by unplugging the unit for a minute. This go round it doesn't seem to be falling for that tactic. I wonder if just leaving it unplugged for longer could make a difference. Worth a try I guess.

My actual recordings are all fine as long as I just hit play and then nothing else until the show is over. They look fine, they whole show is there, etc.

bigdog24
@xo.net

bigdog24 to Joe Siegler

Anon

to Joe Siegler
Which Dallas locations carry the new Motorola cable box?

my mesquite branch only has the 3400s

Also what do you think is the best internet router they care?

I have an old d link i think from twc and it requires frequent unplug replugs

Would like to swap them both at the same time

Thanks

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

said by bigdog24 :

Which Dallas locations carry the new Motorola cable box?

my mesquite branch only has the 3400s

Also what do you think is the best internet router they care?

I have an old d link i think from twc and it requires frequent unplug replugs

Would like to swap them both at the same time

Thanks

There is a big warehouse out on Centerville Road I usually go to if I want the new equipment.

934 East Centerville Road in Garland close to LBJ Freeway.

CBD_DFW
@108.244.113.x

CBD_DFW to SketchyONE

Anon

to SketchyONE
Update:

Thanks SketchyONE. I tried unplugging the box for more than a minute at your suggestion. Unplugging for an hour seemed to do the trick as my last couple of shows recorded normally and the nav functions work during playback. Go figure.

Tried to unplug it and didn't fix anything the first time but then I unplugged it again for like minutes and it seems to be semi OK right now. Still seems to be having issues with the end of shows but is recording shows.

SketchyONE
join:2010-09-04
Plano, TX

SketchyONE

said by CBD_DFW :

Update:

Thanks SketchyONE. I tried unplugging the box for more than a minute at your suggestion. Unplugging for an hour seemed to do the trick as my last couple of shows recorded normally and the nav functions work during playback. Go figure.

Ya welcome, seems when all else fails you just have unplug the darn box for a while. Really should not have to do that all the time when you pay ~$20 for each box anymore.

If they are going to charge as much as they do at least get better equipment with bigger hard drives that don't spazz out every day or two.
I digress.
IFLYSWA
join:2004-10-30
Frisco, TX

IFLYSWA

Is anybody having serious problems with NBC on TWC today? I am getting serious pixelation, audio dropouts, etc., while watching the US Open. Other channels seem to be okay, and I have tried both tuners on my TiVo and both tuners on the Motorola DVR...all have the same issue. Anybody else seeing this?

Thanks,
Randy

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

Today's Legal Notice for TWC had:

KAZD HD Being added to 399 (Dallas Metro), 722 (Greenville/Commerce)

KFWD SD being added to basic channel 22 in (Greenville/Commerce) they already have the HD version. (KFWD is rumored become MundoFox affiliate for Dallas come August)

These are finally being added in Greenville years after Dallas got them:
MTV Hits being added to channel 290 in (Greenville/Commerce)
Logo being added to channel 151 in (Greenville/Commerce)
Nicktoons being added to channel 123 in (Greenville/Commerce)

Dallas only adds:
PAC12 national Network being added to Sports tier Channel 196
PAC12 national Network HD being added to Sports tier Channel 808

bigbuck24
@xo.net

bigbuck24

Anon

Do any Time Warner routers support Wake on Lan?

If so which ones

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

Major QAM changes happened over night:

QAM frequencies went all over the place:

567MHz moved to 153MHz
573MHz moved to 645MHz
645MHz moved to 135MHz which was analog 16 with color test bars
807MHz moved to 567MHz
813MHz moved to 573MHz

so now 807MHz and 813MHz are open and I assume they might be getting ready to add more DOCSIS channels to them because they did not light up new SDV QAMs on them or move other digital channels to these frequencies.

QAM tuner users will need to rescan to get:
CSPAN digital
CSPAN2
Discovery SD digital
Leased Access
QVC digital
WGN America digital
KXTX Telemundo 39 HD

TVOD
@rr.com

TVOD to Joe Siegler

Anon

to Joe Siegler
Why is there religious programming on 423?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by TVOD :

Why is there religious programming on 423?

are you using a Tivo?

The motorola boxes were showing the leased access channel on 423 last week until it was fixed thrusday night last week.

What happened was TWC moved a few QAM frequencies around last week:

Went from:

567MHz
KXTX HD 81-1 (39.1)

573MHz
Kids on demand Barker for Navigator boxes
On demand lineup slide show for Navigator boxes
On demand main barker for Navigator boxes
Boomerang
Golf Channel
Oxygen
The Movie Channel
Starz
HBO
Cinemax
Showtime
"Channel reserved for future use" channel

645MHz
In Demand PPV1
In Demand PPV2
Playboy Premium
TEN PPV

807MHz
WGN
LEASED ACCESS
CSPAN 2
QVC
CSPAN
HSN
DISNEY
TXCN
TCM
TV ONE
SPEED

813MHz
DISCOVERY
HISTORY CHANNEL
A&E
ESPN
ESPN2
MTV
COMEDY CENTRAL
ABC FAMILY
LIFETIME
USA

to:

135MHz
In Demand PPV1
In Demand PPV2
Playboy Premium
TEN PPV

153MHz
KXTX HD 19-1 (39.1)

567MHz
WGN
LEASED ACCESS
CSPAN 2
QVC
CSPAN
HSN
DISNEY
TXCN
TCM
TV ONE
SPEED

573MHz
DISCOVERY
HISTORY CHANNEL
A&E
ESPN
ESPN2
MTV
COMEDY CENTRAL
ABC FAMILY
LIFETIME
USA

645MHz
Kids on demand Barker for Navigator boxes
On demand lineup slide show for Navigator boxes
On demand main barker for Navigator boxes
Boomerang
Golf Channel
Oxygen
The Movie Channel
Starz
HBO
Cinemax
Showtime

So it looks like your box is still mapping KXTX HD to 81-1 (567MHz) which is now Leased Access)

If you have a tivo I would call tech support and get a technician out so they can report it to the headend.

TVOD
@rr.com

TVOD

Anon

No Tivo. Using DCX3400 with iGuide.
423 is still Leased Access.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by TVOD :

No Tivo. Using DCX3400 with iGuide.
423 is still Leased Access.

that is weird because I have two DCX3400s with iGuide and I am getting KXTX HD on 423 after they corrected the issue in Arlington.

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
Its showing up Telemundo KXTXDT on my DCX3400's and my Tivo's as well here.

TVOD
@rr.com

TVOD

Anon

KXTX HD was back on my STB on July 1st.

Bucolic
@swbell.net

Bucolic to Joe Siegler

Anon

to Joe Siegler
Does anyone happen to know what the current "mature" price is for a bundle of Digital TV and Internet Standard (10 down) is? I know that the intro price special for that bundle is currently $89.99, but I'm wondering what a long-term customer is currently paying for that 2-product bundle.
Thanks!
chris_dfw
join:2001-07-18
Dallas, TX

chris_dfw

New Cable modem QAM up

Locked QAM256 2 789000000 Hz
Locked QAM256 1 783000000 Hz
Locked QAM256 3 795000000 Hz
Locked QAM256 4 801000000 Hz
Locked QAM256 5 807000000 Hz
Locked QAM256 6 813000000 Hz

motorola870
Arlington, TX

2 edits

motorola870

said by chris_dfw:

New Cable modem QAM up

awesome!

Now there are 6 downstreams in each node once they finish on the 27th of this month.

What is sad that is my Hub is not scheduled to get this update until the 26th of this month! I am on the tail end of the maintenance in two weeks can't wait for the upgrade although my speeds are great almost all the time on 30/5 extreme.
motorola870

motorola870 to chris_dfw

to chris_dfw
said by chris_dfw:

New Cable modem QAM up

did your upstream frequency change?
chris_dfw
join:2001-07-18
Dallas, TX

chris_dfw

Not sure .

1 Locked TDMA and ATDMA 9 2560 Ksym/sec 36500000 H

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium Member
join:2010-09-13
Irving, TX
Technicolor E31T2V1

Unbundled to Joe Siegler

Premium Member

to Joe Siegler

July 16, 2012 Newspaper Notice

Time Warner Cable Time Warner Cable's agreements with

Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable's agreements with programmers to carry their services routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, and carriage of programming services is discontinued only in rare circumstances. The following agreements with programmers are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services in the near
future.

BBC America BBC America On Demand -- Cooking Channel -- Cooking Channel HD -- Current TV --
DIY Network -- DIY Network HD -- Encore Encore HD Encore Action
Encore Drama Encore Love Encore Suspense Encore Family Encore Westerns
Food Network Food Network HD Fox News Fox News HD GAC
GMC -- GolTV-- GolTVHD-- GSN Music Choice Channels
NHL Center Ice NHL Center Ice HD Sprout -- Sprout On Demand -- Starz
Starz Cinema Starz Comedy Starz Edge Starz Edge HD Starz HD
Stars InBlack Starz Kids & Family Starz Kids & Family HD Starz On Demand TruTV
TruTV HD Youtoo

--Excludes Greenville

In addition, from time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers. The following changes are planned:

ADD: KAZD (Azteca America) HD to Basic Cable HD Channel 399

KAZD (Azteca America) HD to Basic Cable HD Channel 722 (Greenville Only)

KFWD (IND) to Basic Service Channel 22 (Greenville Only)

MOVE: None at this time

DELETE: Public Access from Basic Cable Channel 3 (Greenville Only)

CHANGE: None at this time

The new services listed below cannot be accessed on CableCARD-equipped Unidirectional Digital Cable Products purchased at retail without additional, two-way capable equipment.

Logo to Digital Cable Channel 151 (Greenville Only) MTV Hits to Digital Plus Channel 290 (Greenville Only)

Nicktoons to Digital Cable Channel 123 (Greenville Only) PAC-12 National to TWC Sports Pass Channel 196 --

PAC-12 National HD to TWC Sports Pass HD Channel 808 --

- HD Television and HD set-top box required to receive HD service --Excludes Greenville

All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. 2012 Time Warner Cable, Inc. All rights reserved. Time Warner Cable and the eye/ear logo are trademarks of Time Warner Inc. Used under license.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

Looks like just in time for the olympics Time Warner has rolled out startover/lookback and caller id on tv for iGuide boxes.

My DCX boxes last night got updated to the features.

Looks like TWC has been really busy:

First 6 channel downstream bonding
Now iGuide R29 update.

Oh and by the way the guide now goes back out to 14-15 days again as we got a brand new version of iGuide.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

said by motorola870:

Looks like just in time for the olympics Time Warner has rolled out startover/lookback and caller id on tv for iGuide boxes.

My DCX boxes last night got updated to the features.

Looks like TWC has been really busy:

First 6 channel downstream bonding
Now iGuide R29 update.

Oh and by the way the guide now goes back out to 14-15 days again as we got a brand new version of iGuide.

Yep, although caller id doesn't work on the m boxes (at least not yet this morning, even though the menu items are present).

Only 2.5 years late

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium Member
Irving, TX
Technicolor E31T2V1

Unbundled to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
I really do not like the "Startover/look back" display, that hangs on the screen for so many seconds, when I change a channel. That's just one more thing I have wait to clear the screen, to begin watching the programming that I have already paid to watch.

T/W, in all of their Wisdom, should have programmed in an "Opt Out" for that "Startover/lookback" graphic to even be displayed in the first place.

A few more inconveniences like that, and I'm outta here.

--------------------------------------

It just so happened I had the VCR set up to record a show in the middle of the night, and we got nothing. The cable box turned off after or during update.

I'm going to try and get that show recorded this afternoon.

Fingers crossed ..

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Unbundled:

I really do not like the "Startover/look back" display, that hangs on the screen for so many seconds, when I change a channel. That's just one more thing I have wait to clear the screen, to begin watching the programming that I have already paid to watch.

T/W, in all of their Wisdom, should have programmed in an "Opt Out" for that "Startover/lookback" graphic to even be displayed in the first place.

A few more inconveniences like that, and I'm outta here.

--------------------------------------

It just so happened I had the VCR set up to record a show in the middle of the night, and we got nothing. The cable box turned off after or during update.

I'm going to try and get that show recorded this afternoon.

Fingers crossed ..

the update had to reset the boxes all of the software was updated to new versions including the guide also the quick way keep the startover promp from staying up too long is to hit exit on the remote.

The navigator Startover popup started out like the one for iGuide has now and it has been tweaked.

There is no way to remove the startover prompt from the navigator boxes either.

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium Member
Irving, TX
Technicolor E31T2V1

Unbundled

Premium Member

A very unusual thing happened today when I tried to record the program on ch 760 at 6pm. I got no picture on that channel, but I did get audio for that channel. The channel just above, and just below gave me both audio and video, but not ch 760.

The program is on again tonight at 1am. Maybe the problem will have corrected itself by then. I did call tech support and they verified that they were getting sound and picture for 760. The c/s agent said she sent an update to my box, and to wait to see if I get the channel with picture and sound.
zeroendless
join:2001-12-27
Dallas, TX

zeroendless to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

My Moto DVR box 320GB version died finally, from bad pictures quality, showing error occasionally on some channels to all channels shut down today. I exchanged one with 500GB and new guide at local office and all is well. Perfect timing for the Olympic!!

The only downside so far is i can't select "save setting" on the old remote, have to use my universal remote for that. Anyone knows there's an alternative "A" yellow button on the new box that would work on old remote?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by zeroendless:

My Moto DVR box 320GB version died finally, from bad pictures quality, showing error occasionally on some channels to all channels shut down today. I exchanged one with 500GB and new guide at local office and all is well. Perfect timing for the Olympic!!

The only downside so far is i can't select "save setting" on the old remote, have to use my universal remote for that. Anyone knows there's an alternative "A" yellow button on the new box that would work on old remote?

hey is the new box a DCX3510 by chance?
zeroendless
join:2001-12-27
Dallas, TX

1 edit

zeroendless

Not sure about the exact model, it says 3400/a381/030/500 on the bottom.

I'm glad i didn't wait like an idiot for the tech or i wouldn't have had the new box. They would probably replace mine with whatever they got.

Did my own simple test, determined my old box was bad, went online and chatted with support and they told me to get a new one at local center and i asked kindly for the newest DVR

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by zeroendless:

Not sure about the exact model, it says 3400/a381/030/500 on the bottom.

oh that is a DCX3400M as it has the 500GB harddrive it seems that they are still giving out DCX3400's but with navigator now. I assume when they are out of those boxes and all they have in stock is the older DCX3400s and older motorola boxes such as the DCT/DCH series they hand those out. Now that they have Startover/Lookback and Caller ID on TV them now there really is no reason not give those boxes out as used boxes.