But When ? ?
Premium
join:2010-09-13
Irving, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

July 16, 2012 Newspaper Notice

Time Warner Cable Time Warner Cable's agreements with

Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable's agreements with programmers to carry their services routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, and carriage of programming services is discontinued only in rare circumstances. The following agreements with programmers are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services in the near
future.

BBC America BBC America On Demand -- Cooking Channel -- Cooking Channel HD -- Current TV --
DIY Network -- DIY Network HD -- Encore Encore HD Encore Action
Encore Drama Encore Love Encore Suspense Encore Family Encore Westerns
Food Network Food Network HD Fox News Fox News HD GAC
GMC -- GolTV-- GolTVHD-- GSN Music Choice Channels
NHL Center Ice NHL Center Ice HD Sprout -- Sprout On Demand -- Starz
Starz Cinema Starz Comedy Starz Edge Starz Edge HD Starz HD
Stars InBlack Starz Kids & Family Starz Kids & Family HD Starz On Demand TruTV
TruTV HD Youtoo

--Excludes Greenville

In addition, from time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers. The following changes are planned:

ADD: KAZD (Azteca America) HD to Basic Cable HD Channel 399

KAZD (Azteca America) HD to Basic Cable HD Channel 722 (Greenville Only)

KFWD (IND) to Basic Service Channel 22 (Greenville Only)

MOVE: None at this time

DELETE: Public Access from Basic Cable Channel 3 (Greenville Only)

CHANGE: None at this time

The new services listed below cannot be accessed on CableCARD-equipped Unidirectional Digital Cable Products purchased at retail without additional, two-way capable equipment.

Logo to Digital Cable Channel 151 (Greenville Only) MTV Hits to Digital Plus Channel 290 (Greenville Only)

Nicktoons to Digital Cable Channel 123 (Greenville Only) PAC-12 National to TWC Sports Pass Channel 196 --

PAC-12 National HD to TWC Sports Pass HD Channel 808 --

- HD Television and HD set-top box required to receive HD service --Excludes Greenville

All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. 2012 Time Warner Cable, Inc. All rights reserved. Time Warner Cable and the eye/ear logo are trademarks of Time Warner Inc. Used under license.
--
A La Carte Cable Choice is the ONLY Choice I'm Interested in ! ! !

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
Looks like just in time for the olympics Time Warner has rolled out startover/lookback and caller id on tv for iGuide boxes.

My DCX boxes last night got updated to the features.

Looks like TWC has been really busy:

First 6 channel downstream bonding
Now iGuide R29 update.

Oh and by the way the guide now goes back out to 14-15 days again as we got a brand new version of iGuide.

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX
said by motorola870:

Looks like just in time for the olympics Time Warner has rolled out startover/lookback and caller id on tv for iGuide boxes.

My DCX boxes last night got updated to the features.

Looks like TWC has been really busy:

First 6 channel downstream bonding
Now iGuide R29 update.

Oh and by the way the guide now goes back out to 14-15 days again as we got a brand new version of iGuide.

Yep, although caller id doesn't work on the m boxes (at least not yet this morning, even though the menu items are present).

Only 2.5 years late

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium
Irving, TX
reply to motorola870
I really do not like the "Startover/look back" display, that hangs on the screen for so many seconds, when I change a channel. That's just one more thing I have wait to clear the screen, to begin watching the programming that I have already paid to watch.

T/W, in all of their Wisdom, should have programmed in an "Opt Out" for that "Startover/lookback" graphic to even be displayed in the first place.

A few more inconveniences like that, and I'm outta here.

--------------------------------------

It just so happened I had the VCR set up to record a show in the middle of the night, and we got nothing. The cable box turned off after or during update.

I'm going to try and get that show recorded this afternoon.

Fingers crossed ..
--

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by Unbundled:

I really do not like the "Startover/look back" display, that hangs on the screen for so many seconds, when I change a channel. That's just one more thing I have wait to clear the screen, to begin watching the programming that I have already paid to watch.

T/W, in all of their Wisdom, should have programmed in an "Opt Out" for that "Startover/lookback" graphic to even be displayed in the first place.

A few more inconveniences like that, and I'm outta here.

--------------------------------------

It just so happened I had the VCR set up to record a show in the middle of the night, and we got nothing. The cable box turned off after or during update.

I'm going to try and get that show recorded this afternoon.

Fingers crossed ..

the update had to reset the boxes all of the software was updated to new versions including the guide also the quick way keep the startover promp from staying up too long is to hit exit on the remote.

The navigator Startover popup started out like the one for iGuide has now and it has been tweaked.

There is no way to remove the startover prompt from the navigator boxes either.

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium
Irving, TX
A very unusual thing happened today when I tried to record the program on ch 760 at 6pm. I got no picture on that channel, but I did get audio for that channel. The channel just above, and just below gave me both audio and video, but not ch 760.

The program is on again tonight at 1am. Maybe the problem will have corrected itself by then. I did call tech support and they verified that they were getting sound and picture for 760. The c/s agent said she sent an update to my box, and to wait to see if I get the channel with picture and sound.
--

zeroendless

join:2001-12-27
Dallas, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

My Moto DVR box 320GB version died finally, from bad pictures quality, showing error occasionally on some channels to all channels shut down today. I exchanged one with 500GB and new guide at local office and all is well. Perfect timing for the Olympic!!

The only downside so far is i can't select "save setting" on the old remote, have to use my universal remote for that. Anyone knows there's an alternative "A" yellow button on the new box that would work on old remote?

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by zeroendless:

My Moto DVR box 320GB version died finally, from bad pictures quality, showing error occasionally on some channels to all channels shut down today. I exchanged one with 500GB and new guide at local office and all is well. Perfect timing for the Olympic!!

The only downside so far is i can't select "save setting" on the old remote, have to use my universal remote for that. Anyone knows there's an alternative "A" yellow button on the new box that would work on old remote?

hey is the new box a DCX3510 by chance?

zeroendless

join:2001-12-27
Dallas, TX

1 edit
Not sure about the exact model, it says 3400/a381/030/500 on the bottom.

I'm glad i didn't wait like an idiot for the tech or i wouldn't have had the new box. They would probably replace mine with whatever they got.

Did my own simple test, determined my old box was bad, went online and chatted with support and they told me to get a new one at local center and i asked kindly for the newest DVR

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by zeroendless:

Not sure about the exact model, it says 3400/a381/030/500 on the bottom.

oh that is a DCX3400M as it has the 500GB harddrive it seems that they are still giving out DCX3400's but with navigator now. I assume when they are out of those boxes and all they have in stock is the older DCX3400s and older motorola boxes such as the DCT/DCH series they hand those out. Now that they have Startover/Lookback and Caller ID on TV them now there really is no reason not give those boxes out as used boxes.

runner77

join:2010-03-12
Frisco, TX
reply to motorola870
said by motorola870:

That’s the model the Irving office gave me about 5 months ago. It’s by far the best box I’ve received from TWC over the past 5-6 years. If your local office has them available, it’s worth the upgrade, IMO.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by runner77:

said by motorola870:

That’s the model the Irving office gave me about 5 months ago. It’s by far the best box I’ve received from TWC over the past 5-6 years. If your local office has them available, it’s worth the upgrade, IMO.

well I am just fine with my DCX3400's! Now that they have startover/lookback and caller id on tv on iGuide. Remote DVR is coming eventually to iGuide as well.

Zephyrus

@swbell.net
reply to Joe Siegler
Concerning the self-install of TV and Internet, anyone know about how many days it take to get the email saying the kits have been shipped in the DFW area? I got an order number by email, but nothing in last 3 days.

Ironically, this is what it says on the purchase page:
"Orders received by 11:00 am (CT) on weekdays (Monday - Friday) will be shipped out that same day via FedEX Next-Day service. Otherwise, they will be shipped out the following business day."

Is there a known equipment delay in DFW for some reason?

lovetexas

@myvzw.com
reply to runner77
I see people talking about the DCX3510. Is there an M in the model number? If not, is it running the iGuide or Navigator? The DCX3400 is pretty awesome and if they have a follow up running the iGuide still, it would be worth it for me.

IFLYSWA

join:2004-10-30
Frisco, TX
reply to Joe Siegler
Looks like there are some far better options out there than my DCH3416...guess I'll have to run back to the office to swap out. I wish I had thought about that before I went this past weekend to swap out my modem. At least my internet is more stable now...

Randy

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to lovetexas
said by lovetexas :

I see people talking about the DCX3510. Is there an M in the model number? If not, is it running the iGuide or Navigator? The DCX3400 is pretty awesome and if they have a follow up running the iGuide still, it would be worth it for me.

no the DCX3200 and DCX3400 are the last boxes to run iGuide anything after that runs Navigator. Including the DCX3510 which is technically the DCX3510M but is not listed as such on the box only the word DCX3510 is listed.

Stay with the DCX3400 as it has almost all of the same features as the new box and plus you just got a 14-15 day guide restored a few weeks back

rrldtx6

join:2006-07-21
Dallas, TX
reply to Joe Siegler
I have a new DCX3200/A218/033 box with the new guide. The box works great but I find the new guide frustrating. At least with the old guide (the one on my other three older boxes/DVR) I can quickly find the HD programming I want or will want to see at a later time in the day.

Is there a user guide for this new guide to help me figure out its idiosyncrasies?

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
said by rrldtx6:

I have a new DCX3200/A218/033 box with the new guide. The box works great but I find the new guide frustrating. At least with the old guide (the one on my other three older boxes/DVR) I can quickly find the HD programming I want or will want to see at a later time in the day.

Is there a user guide for this new guide to help me figure out its idiosyncrasies?

There is, but it won't make it easier to use. It's hard to say it, as I couldn't imagine a guide worse than iGuide, but Navigator is worse.

OtherguyTX

join:2004-01-06
Irving, TX
reply to rrldtx6
Does anybody know what the reason was for the outage on Sunday in the 75063 area. Service was out for about 3 hours.

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
said by OtherguyTX:

Does anybody know what the reason was for the outage on Sunday in the 75063 area. Service was out for about 3 hours.

Not every where... no problems in my part of Hackberry, but there were a lot of trucks working on the problem. The only thing I experienced was increased Ping times.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by chamberc:

said by OtherguyTX:

Not every where... no problems in my part of Hackberry, but there were a lot of trucks working on the problem. The only thing I experienced was increased Ping times.

Had an outage in Arlington Yesterday for about 5 minutes when the power went out and it took my entire node offline as my internet channels rearranged as I was on 783MHz as the primary downstream channel now it is on 795MHz and the upstream was on 33MHz now it is on 36.5MHz.

So now modem has the channels like this:

downstream:
795MHz
783MHz
789MHz
801MHz
807MHz
813MHz

upstream:
36.5MHz

mmai

@sbcglobal.net
Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

I used to be a TWC customer. Disconnected my service back in March. I get this lady (apparently she lives behind me across the alley) who comes over to my house and accuses me of stealing her cable service. She claims that a TWC technician went to the pole and told her that it was my house that rerouted her cable service. So im apparently stealing her cable service with the satellite dish I have sitting ontop of my house and says she will file a report with the police.

What should I do about this?

I want to go back for internet service but after an incident like this..im really hesitant.

DallasCust10

@swbell.net
I had this happen. My neighbor cancelled their TWC and the tech came out and disconnected the line to my house instead of the one to his house. I called and reported an outage, waited for their guy to come out and reconnect mine and disconnect the neighbor. A few months later they were working on the lines and guess what, they disconnected me again. When I asked why they tried to blame my neighbor. That is my guess; the imbecile they sent out to disconnect you , or a guy checking lines went and disconnected her drop line thinking it was yours . When she called to report her cable was out they did not accept responsibility but tried to blame you.
So just tell your neighbor that you had yours disconnected and that the imbecile they sent out disconnected hers by mistake and won't own up to it.

Here are a couple notes.
If you ever get random channels giving the "this station should be available shortly code S0011 or S0012" this is an indication that a line amplifier / repeater is failing and not passing the handshake verification that you are authorized to view the channel. The channel may come back later, especially if you tune to it during an advertisement. This will continue until you get error S0600 no connectivity which means the amp failed and they have to replace it. Then enough people will complain that they actually send someone out to replace the amp. The problem is complicated by the fact that this may be intermittent in hot weather. The amp displays the problem only in afternoons when the sun is high and so is the temp; but when they send a guy out at 8AM there is nothing wrong.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by DallasCust10 :

I had this happen. My neighbor cancelled their TWC and the tech came out and disconnected the line to my house instead of the one to his house. I called and reported an outage, waited for their guy to come out and reconnect mine and disconnect the neighbor. A few months later they were working on the lines and guess what, they disconnected me again. When I asked why they tried to blame my neighbor. That is my guess; the imbecile they sent out to disconnect you , or a guy checking lines went and disconnected her drop line thinking it was yours . When she called to report her cable was out they did not accept responsibility but tried to blame you.
So just tell your neighbor that you had yours disconnected and that the imbecile they sent out disconnected hers by mistake and won't own up to it.

Here are a couple notes.
If you ever get random channels giving the "this station should be available shortly code S0011 or S0012" this is an indication that a line amplifier / repeater is failing and not passing the handshake verification that you are authorized to view the channel. The channel may come back later, especially if you tune to it during an advertisement. This will continue until you get error S0600 no connectivity which means the amp failed and they have to replace it. Then enough people will complain that they actually send someone out to replace the amp. The problem is complicated by the fact that this may be intermittent in hot weather. The amp displays the problem only in afternoons when the sun is high and so is the temp; but when they send a guy out at 8AM there is nothing wrong.

actually the SDV handshake code is S0500 or S0600. S0011 or S0012 is a Bandwith issue in which too many SDV requests are being made at once.

Gemutlich

join:2012-06-14
What is S0200?

motorola870

Arlington, TX
Time Warner Cable's agreements with programmers to carry their services routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, and carriage of programming services is discontinued only in rare circumstances. The following agreements with programmers are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services in the near future.

BBC America BBC America On Demand -- Cooking Channel -- Cooking Channel HD -- Current TV --
DIY Network -- DIY Network HD -- Encore Encore HD Encore Action Encore Drama Encore Love Encore Suspense Encore Family Encore Westerns Food Network Food Network HD GAC GolTV-- GolTVHD--
GSN Music Choice Channels NHL Center Ice NHL Center Ice HD Sprout --
Sprout On Demand -- Starz Starz Cinema Starz Comedy Starz Edge
Starz Edge HD Starz HD Stars InBlack Starz Kids & Family Starz Kids & Family HD
Starz On Demand Youtoo

--Excludes Greenville
In addition, from time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers.
The following changes are planned:

ADD: KAZD (Azteca America) HD to Basic Cable HD Channel 399
KAZD (Azteca America) HD to Basic Cable HD Channel 722 (Greenville Only)
KFWD (IND) to Basic Service Channel 22 (Greenville Only)

MOVE: None at this time
DELETE: None at this time
CHANGE: None at this time

The new services listed below cannot be accessed on CableCARD-equipped Unidirectional Digital Cable Products purchased at retail without additional, two-way capable equipment.

TWC Deportes to TWC Sports Pass Channel 148
TWC Deportes HD to TWC Sports Pass HD Channel 149 -
TWC SportsNet to TWC Sports Pass Channel 146
TWC SportsNet HD to TWC Sports Pass HD Channel 147 -
(Dallas only - not available in Greenville)

TWC Deportes and TWC Sportsnet are out of market Regional sports nets based out of LA set to launch Oct. 1st (No major league sports will be shown only classic stuff, lakers shows, galaxy shows, collegiate sports, high school sports, and anything that is not live sports action from NBA, WNBA or MLS.)

PAC12 National network is now on:

196 SD version (image looks weird because it looks like a weird version of zooming is used for the video as the left and right portions of the video are chopped off compared to the HD version.)
808 HD version

Also KAZD HD should be showing up on TWC soon as KAZD has gone HD over the air as of last thursday. The channel is broadcasting 720p over the air.

Vertigo

@myvzw.com
I know Texas is the test market for many services. Has anyone with a Motorola box running Navigator received the guide upgrade? In LA the SA/Cisco markets got it last week while the Moto areas wait.

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
said by Vertigo :

I know Texas is the test market for many services. Has anyone with a Motorola box running Navigator received the guide upgrade? In LA the SA/Cisco markets got it last week while the Moto areas wait.

LOL... if you mean getting lookback, caller ID and start over that the rest of the nation got 5 years ago, yeah we got it.

We have all Motorola in n. Texas but depending on the unit, you get Capigator or iGuide. Both are equally awful.

Vertigo

@myvzw.com
Actually, I was referring to the updated "black guide" that Time Warner has been advertising, that supposedly enhances speed and functionality. I know boxes with iGuide will be staying this way. However the M boxes running Navigator should be getting the upgrade eventually. Just wondering if anyone has gotten it yet on a Motorola.

chamberc
Premium
Irving, TX
said by Vertigo :

Actually, I was referring to the updated "black guide" that Time Warner has been advertising, that supposedly enhances speed and functionality. I know boxes with iGuide will be staying this way. However the M boxes running Navigator should be getting the upgrade eventually. Just wondering if anyone has gotten it yet on a Motorola.

Nope. We still have the light grey Navigator on the 3400m's.