Search similar:

uniqs
Kwijibo
join:2013-08-02
Richardson, TX

1 edit

Kwijibo

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

Follow-up: There is a recorded message on 972-742-5892 saying Showtime subscribers will receive credit on a future bill.

Edit: phone number was incorrect!

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Kwijibo

Premium Member

to Kwijibo
"Despite early reports stating we would receive credit for the unavailability of Showtime, my bill does not show any credit even though several days of the outage are within the service period.

Is this something that every customer will need to request individually, or were early reports incorrect?"

Showtime subscribers will receive a full credit for the days Showtime is unavailable. Bills are clearly generated in advance and take some time to catch up. It will be reflected on your next bill.

Hob
Kwijibo
Richardson, TX

Kwijibo

Hob, thanks for the confirmation.

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium Member
join:2010-09-13
Irving, TX
Technicolor E31T2V1

Unbundled to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870

Re: TWC CBS / KTXA CQAM Programming Notes

said by motorola870:

18.1 is showing Starz kids and Family East HD
18.3 is a slide
78.103 is showing Starz Kids and Family West SD
101.7 is Starz Kids and Family East SD
101.8 is a slide

so essentially the DTAs and Cable boxes have different feeds of the channels but QAM tuners get both.

Looks like the Starz party is over for now.
The Hallmark Channel is showing on 11 and 18.1, etc.

BTY, I see that TBN is just on 17 for C-QAM now, I see no digital channel now, it had been on 102-x.

The Tennis Channel is now on 18.2
Unbundled

Unbundled to hobgoblin

Premium Member

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

I see your avatar in this thread!

Hob

Yes, I figiured out that if I zoom the page the avatar section just dissappears, so zooming out maked the avatars come in view......

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

1 edit

motorola870 to Unbundled

to Unbundled
said by Unbundled:

said by motorola870:

18.1 is showing Starz kids and Family East HD
18.3 is a slide
78.103 is showing Starz Kids and Family West SD
101.7 is Starz Kids and Family East SD
101.8 is a slide

so essentially the DTAs and Cable boxes have different feeds of the channels but QAM tuners get both.

Looks like the Starz party is over for now.
The Hallmark Channel is showing on 11 and 18.1, etc.

BTY, I see that TBN is just on 17 for C-QAM now, I see no digital channel now, it had been on 102-x.

The Tennis Channel is now on 18.2

looks like TWC is wrongfully encrypting TBN on 17 and 141 as by law they are not allowed to touch OTA channels and encrypt them if they are not a 100% digital only system. Also 11 is not the Hallmark Channel it is the Hallmark Movie Channel SD which has never been on the system only the HD version it would be nice if they moved it to 111 or 113 after the preview is over so SD subscribers can keep getting the channel as it has been in HD on 774 for years now. I also would like to know why TWC seems to want to encrypt the Tennis Channel on 12 and 387 on the cable boxes?

Oh and has anyone ventured into the 900s-1000s lately?

new channels for August
AMC 50 (non-SDV 669MHz)
CCTV News 229 (SDV)
Sundance Channel 246 (SDV)
Universal Sports net SD 238 (SDV)
Universal Sports net HD 239 (SDV)
LHN SD 910 (non-SDV 567MHz)
LHN HD 911 (SDV)
Premier League Extra time 1 1100 (SDV)
Premier League Extra time 2 1101 (SDV)
Premier League Extra time 3 1102 (SDV)
Premier League Extra time 4 1103 (SDV)
Premier League Extra time 5 1104 (SDV)
Premier League Extra time 1 HD 1105 (SDV)
Premier League Extra time 2 HD 1106 (SDV)
Premier League Extra time 3 HD 1107 (SDV)
Premier League Extra time 4 HD 1108 (SDV)
Premier League Extra time 5 HD 1109 (SDV)

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium Member
Irving, TX
Technicolor E31T2V1

Unbundled

Premium Member

said by motorola870:

Also 11 is not the Hallmark Channel it is the Hallmark Movie Channel SD which has never been on the system only the HD version it would be nice if they moved it to 111 or 113 after the preview is over so SD subscribers can keep getting the channel as it has been in HD on 774 for years now.

Yeah, I didn't pay the Hallmark channel entry much attention, as I am a Hallmark Sunscriber on ROKU, and I think that may be in HD, although I haven't watched it latley.
Kwijibo
Richardson, TX

Kwijibo to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler

It looks like CBS, Showtime, Flix, and all the other disputed channels are back.

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium Member
Irving, TX

Unbundled

Premium Member

I haven't cared to do a re-scan for my CQAM channels, but CBS 11 is on 18.1 Digital and CH 21 is on 18.2 digital, and they're on the analog stations as well.

Goodbye Tennis Channel, I was beginning to like you, and they you just up and left!
Kwijibo
Richardson, TX

Kwijibo

Just to follow-up on my previous question, next month's bill shows a credit for Showtime's one-month absence.

Credits and one-time charges
09/08 Showtime Credit - Adjustment -12.49
Total credits and one-time charges -$12.49

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium Member
Irving, TX
Technicolor E31T2V1

Unbundled to Joe Siegler

Premium Member

to Joe Siegler

Re: DFW C-QAM Reception

TV Land CH. 66 and TMC CH. 68 are no longer showing with my TV C-QAM tuner.

I get a black screen with some words at the top in white that were not easy to read:
Fedora release 10 (Cambridge)
Kernel 2.6.27.5-117.fc10.i586 on an i686 (ttyl)
dasdec login:
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7

said by Unbundled:

I get a black screen with some words at the top in white that were not easy to read:

dasdec login:

What your seeing is the QAM Channel used to push "EAS Alerts (Weather alerts, Amber alerts etc..)" to the Set top boxes.. They send this data via a dedicated QAM Channel that auto tunes the set top box / DVR to that channel when an alert is received from the sending party (Govt, EMA, Primary station for EAS in area, NOAA etc..).

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Matt7:

said by Unbundled:

dasdec login:

What your seeing is the QAM Channel used to push "EAS Alerts (Weather alerts, Amber alerts etc..)" to the Set top boxes.. They send this data via a dedicated QAM Channel that auto tunes the set top box / DVR to that channel when an alert is received from the sending party (Govt, EMA, Primary station for EAS in area, NOAA etc..).

I have seen this as well and it is only on the analog stations sometimes and the digital simulcast version of the channel would be working so sometimes the equipment that switches between demodulating the EAS QAM channels and the regular digital simulcast QAM channel of the particular analog it messes up.
motorola870

motorola870

looks like TWC updated the firmware on the DCX3510Ms this morning from 12.31 to 12.36 as I remembered that the other day it was 12.31 and this morning it is 12.36 and I am expecting an ODN update soon as well.

Oh and TWC is slowly rolling out new upstream frequencies across the metro

instead of 24.5MHz, 29.5MHz, 33MHz, and 36.5MHz it is now:

19MHz, 23.8MHz, 30.6MHz, and 37MHz as the center channel frequencies being used and 3 of the channels are 6.4MHz upstream channels while 19MHz is still 3.2MHz wide

I have seen this setup at one location so far and someone else in Arlington posted a very similar setup here as well on broadbandreports.com
JSull
join:2013-01-15

JSull

NHL begins, and still no sign of NHL Network here in N. Texas.....sigh.

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium Member
Irving, TX

Unbundled to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
Just checked, and ch 66 and ch 68 are back on C-QAM after being off for several days.
Unbundled

Unbundled to Joe Siegler

Premium Member

to Joe Siegler

Fox Sports 1 is now on channel 56 in the DFW / N. Texas area, but, TWC has chosen to scramble the channel, so I cannot receive the channel with my TWC subscription to Basic and Std, using my TV's CQAM tuner. Instead I must use the DTA box I now pay $1 month for. But TWC already got their pay increase with the cable modem charge of $5 that has now been brought back. Cable is a funny busniness....

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

fox sports 1 has always been on 56 and speed occupied it before that and TWC moved speed to digital across the country and no system had it in analog when it shutdown Fox Sports 1 took over the former speed spot.

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium Member
Irving, TX

Unbundled

Premium Member

I wish that TWC, instead of choosing to "give" me the cable Discovery Channel in HD, with the DTA box, would let me choose one cable channel to get in HD.

I would choose Fox Sports SW.

That would make my day !
smcallah
join:2004-08-05
Home

smcallah

Then you need to talk to the content owners and what tiers they allow TWC to put channels on. It's not entirely up to TWC.
Expand your moderator at work

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium Member
Irving, TX
Technicolor E31T2V1

Unbundled to smcallah

Premium Member

to smcallah

said by smcallah:

Then you need to talk to the content owners and what tiers they allow TWC to put channels on. It's not entirely up to TWC.

I probably not have that conversation....

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

TWC has launched more HD recently

336 Unvision Deportes HD
352 PBS Kids Sprout HD
578 Revolt HD

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium Member