spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zalbar6

join:2003-06-22

We've noticed some unusual activity in your Hotmail account.

This stuff seriously makes me hopping mad.

Logged into the sympatico web mail, tried to send a mail. Click send and I end up with the following:

" Warning We've noticed some unusual activity in your Hotmail account. To help protect you and everyone else, we've temporarily blocked your account. To unblock it, please contact Support. "

wth is that? No clue, ok.

Called 514-310-surf support. Went through the happy fun press buttons to direct your call.

Get through and attempt to explain the situation. Lesson in frustration, as I knew it would be after prior encounters with "tech support". I can barely understand her, pretty sure she's not understanding me. Get a ticket number and her name. Not expecting much to develop on that end, despite promises of it being "escalated".

Go back, try again. Same thing. There's a hyperlink over the "contact tech support" I didn't notice. Clicked it.

Now I'm over in live support, and to proceed, I need to make ANOTHER ID and read and agree to MORE licenses and terms of service and EULA's etc.

Sorry, no. I refuse.

I signed up with Bell/Sympatico. Here, in Montreal, Canada. This outsourced crap is driving me up the wall. No more canadian mail servers or service. No canadian english or french support.

I want this block fixed and fixed now. This is absolutely unacceptable for someone shelling out over $65 a month without complaint since Bell even HAD dsl available.

sm5w2
Premium
join:2004-10-13
St Thomas, ON

If you're seriously committed to keeping your sympatico/bell email address, then use a proper e-mail client to pull mail off the hotmail/microsoft servers and stop using the web interface.

Otherwise, get yourself a gmail account.

FooLKiller

join:2008-09-17
Novar, ON
reply to Zalbar6

Sounds like your account was compromised, or you sent mail that managed to get an automated flag system set off. I would highly suggest another e-mail service, but if you are committed to keeping that e-mail address, make sure you change your password to something strong and put bogus information only you would know in your secret questions. A lot of people put the same info in their secret questions that they post for the world to see on facebook and wonder why they get compromised.

taichan7

join:2006-03-22
Sudbury, ON
reply to Zalbar6

just an FYI, there is canadian english support and all french support agents are in quebec