share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

DECT 6.0 Phones with these features?

I got a DECT 6.0 wireless phone for cheap to use on my VOIP ATA and I am impressed with the sound quality and the range of the signal. The signal goes way father than my 5.8 GHz phone.

But someone in my family needs one with these features (and I'd like to have them too once I have the cash to get them):

A DECT 6.0 phone with:

Headset jack

2 lines or more

no need for answering machine, but ok to have

1-99 number store

other things I can't think of at the moment.

Anyone know of something of good quality that fits the bill? I heard that ATT phones might be the choice?
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Fight cancer and disease, it's easy, you can get help, and you'll make a difference! »Team Helix »Team Discovery Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer.

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
I use a Uniden DECT 6.0 2 line phone. It saves 50 numbers but I think others save more than 100. I find the quality very good.
»www.uniden.com/products/productl···CT%206.0

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

reply to signmeuptoo
Stay away from Uniden. I've gone through two models of their DECT 6.0 phones with horrible results. You can be sitting right beside the base using one of the cordless handsets and it will drop the call, the display saying OUT OF RANGE. This happens way too frequently. Uniden replaced the first set with another, but it still does it.

I got a Panasonic set that works well, no OUT OF RANGE dropped calls.
--
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
- Stephen Hawking

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
reply to signmeuptoo
Some further research leads me to think that the ATT phones are maybe best, and have all the features.

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to fuziwuzi
said by fuziwuzi:

Stay away from Uniden. I've gone through two models of their DECT 6.0 phones with horrible results...

I got a Panasonic set that works well, no OUT OF RANGE dropped calls.
Same here. I had a Uniden set that had a range shorter than I expected. Luckily (I think), a kid and a bathtub provided a solution: replace them. I picked up a Panasonic model as well and have better range (not only the whole house, but a few doors down the street... these kids are out of control). Also, my Call Waiting Caller ID never worked quite right on the Uniden, repeatedly showing 000-000-0000 as the number
--
Show off that hardware: join Team Discovery and Team Helix