spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Pissed

@omcastbusiness.net

Bad Customer Service

Be very aware of Cyberonic and their customer service practices (or lack of). I canceled service in the middle of the month and asked for a refund of any unused service. They said "We'll see what we can do." Never heard from them again. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

ross7

join:2000-08-16

1 edit

said by Pissed :

Be very aware of Cyberonic and their customer service practices (or lack of). I canceled service in the middle of the month and asked for a refund of any unused service. They said "We'll see what we can do." Never heard from them again. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Be glad you got out while you could... Don't hold your breath while waiting for an e-mail, or a return telephone call, or even a letter. Cyberonic is a one way street. You will NEVER hear from them. PERIOD! They owe you a refund for unused service? You better re-read their TOS, bub!

If you want something from them, you must call them EVERY DAY until your issue is resolved. Oh, btw, whatever the problem was; it wasn't their fault, it couldn't be avoided, you have to interact with some third party only they have a contract with, or, "boo-hoo, so and so who's in charge of resolving your problem is "out for the day"", day after day after day after fucking day. Nobody works there that can help you, their telephone is always busy (and, now you know why), if you love The Chairman, you will end up nauseated nevertheless, and GUESS WHAT? Your picayune problem doesn't matter to them in the least, and it will never be fixed by anything other than putting you into "safe mode" at one third or less than the speed you are paying for, indefinitely! Lower the monthly tithe reflecting the decreased service level? Hahahahahahahaha! Did I mention they don't give a shit?

bodysurf

join:2002-01-23
Placentia, CA

OTOH, I had Cyberonic back when they provided static IPs from UUNet (I'd guess around 2003 until 2010) and had good luck when them. I wasn't too happy at first when they switched from bridged UUNet to PPPoE Covad but it ended up being ok in the long run. Their service was nearly flawless and the few times I had a problem, they answered the phones promptly and fixed the problem fast.

Don't get them if you want a mail server, Usenet, webserver, DNS, etc. At the time, all I wanted was an unfettered/filtered pipe to the Internet with multiple static IPs and at this time, they were hard to beat. They did that, I was pleased with their service and you won't find any complaining about their service from me.

The only reason I dumped them is I was only getting about 4Mb down and 768Kb up for $66/month with 5+1 static IPs. AT&T U-Verse came to my neighborhood and provided 12Mb down and 1.2K up for $60/month with the same 5+1 statics. And, BTW, AT&T U-Verse internet has been great too.

ross7

join:2000-08-16

said by bodysurf:

OTOH, I had Cyberonic back when they provided static IPs from UUNet (I'd guess around 2003 until 2010) and had good luck when them. I wasn't too happy at first when they switched from bridged UUNet to PPPoE Covad but it ended up being ok in the long run. Their service was nearly flawless and the few times I had a problem, they answered the phones promptly and fixed the problem fast.

Don't get them if you want a mail server, Usenet, webserver, DNS, etc. At the time, all I wanted was an unfettered/filtered pipe to the Internet with multiple static IPs and at this time, they were hard to beat. They did that, I was pleased with their service and you won't find any complaining about their service from me.

The only reason I dumped them is I was only getting about 4Mb down and 768Kb up for $66/month with 5+1 static IPs. AT&T U-Verse came to my neighborhood and provided 12Mb down and 1.2K up for $60/month with the same 5+1 statics. And, BTW, AT&T U-Verse internet has been great too.
Cyberonic was OK when it was a MCI reseller. No better deal around at the time. They were responsive. However, that idyllic period was very short-lived; i.e., about two years, up until MCI exploded. Since then, they have been total crap.

Their service since COVAD has been on a steady downhill slide. Also, if your ILEC happens to be AT&T, that is even worse. AT&T screws with COVAD resellers by stealing lines, refusing to attend "vendor meet" appointments, failing to respond in a timely manner, or to upgrade and/or maintain equipment, etc.. After switching to COVAD PPPoE, Cyberonic went straight to HELL just like I said they did, and you as much acknowledged.

Price, customer service that is responsive, or better yet, unneeded, and included auxiliary services are the primary reasons to stick with a service provider. Cyberonic FAILS on all counts. As you seem to agree, since you dropped them for better, cheaper service as well!

I had them from the time DirecTV ADSL went tits up, right up to two years ago. The 6Mb/768K (4Mb/520K actual) service I was paying for steadily degraded; sometimes gradually, sometimes abruptly, but inexorably, and finally, down to intermittent 512K/128K, at the same price point. Fuck Cyberonic, and the tired old fleabag (AT&T/COVAD) they rode in on.