Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to HFB1217

Re: Earl arrives Friday/Saturday to spend Labor Day with us!

Pffftt.

All the hype (along Maine anyway) PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE. And what do we get? NO WIND from it, just a little rain.

This is why I laugh and never believe a forecast for major storms. Winter or otherwise.....

"Tropical storm warnings, winds expected at over 45 mph...." The leaves are barley even moving. I've seen common thunder storms worse then this is going to be.

"Blizzard warning! 12-14 inches of snow with 35 mph winds!" Pfft... 4 inches later storm is gone."

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to HFB1217
Final update:
That's it? I wasn't expecting epic storm, but I wanted something more intense. It watered the lawn. We had a better friggin storm last week! I'm going to sneak out and pull down the hurricane flags and dry them soon. Where? the vacated laundry room on the machine I put up on boards to keep dry in the flood.
OOOOOOHHH!!! Look out for flying boredom! I fell asleep in the comfy chair in the lobby! I've been running around like a nut-case for three days and this is all I get...

Hurricane Charlie Brown. Drat!
Hurricane Red Sox. Next Year!
Hurricane I Wasted a Case of Wine! (Whine) lol

On the positive side: Great party last night (which was actually epic) (so epic it would get a lot of people fired in a standard time) (my Russians can out-drink your Russians!). I got a good drill in emergency management. I'm 3-11 Weekend Boss again (field promotion and raise)

Now I have to put the place back together again.

ebgbjo
Sewing is cheaper than therapy
Premium
join:2007-09-14
USA
reply to HFB1217
I know.. all this hype for a wee little bit of rain... they closed the local beaches for this?

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to HFB1217
How many inches of rain you guys get? Did you see 70MPH winds? Sound like you didn't even really get stormed on... Good news IMHO.

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2001-01-09
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..
reply to HFB1217
According to local weather stations we got a whopping third of an inch of rain... and for that we were under a flash flood warning!
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to HFB1217
I'm actually upset...
I was ready for the fall of Western Civilization and I got some rain.

I'm happy for the gahdin, but I was looking for some firewood too. not a twig out of place when I got home.

WTF

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Sarah
said by Sarah:

According to local weather stations we got a whopping third of an inch of rain... and for that we were under a flash flood warning!
We didn't even get that, when we were expecting 2-4 inches! Wind? What wind????

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to HFB1217
2 page advertising spread in today's paper:
"For all your Hurricane Earl clean up needs".

Oh well, off to the beach.

ElminsterOld

join:2009-03-04
reply to HFB1217
I moved up to the NE area 3 years ago from Florida. People don't really understand hurricanes up here it seems. The last hurricane that was projected to direct strike the Tampa area changed directions like 2 hours before it was projected to hit. Everyone I knew left to Orlando to get out of the way. Guess where the hurricane hit? Orlando! Now they spend money and time to get out only to end up in a hotel with no power, flooding, and no way to get home until they cleaned up the highways. It'd best not to panic and just act like normal for hurricanes. I lived in Florida for about 25 years and only got hit by 1 bad hurricane. The odds of getting hit by a hurricane aren't that high.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
reply to HFB1217
Was anyone "blown away" by this storm?

ElminsterOld

join:2009-03-04
reply to HFB1217
Attached is the devastation from hurricane Earl from a co-worker!

Frostbite

join:2000-06-13
Marlborough, MA
You win, sir!
--
-Frosty, KA1FOX

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to ElminsterOld
said by ElminsterOld:

Attached is the devastation from hurricane Earl from a co-worker!
There must be an insurance claim there. That is terrible damage done!