share rss forum feed

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7

Virgin Mobile MC760 Software & Drivers Needed

i have the Ovation MC760 from Virgin Mobile and im in need of the software and drivers that are initially on the device prior to installation.
the issue is that i "built in" the device inside the laptop and i cannot remove it to get that "one time" read only disk to appear.
the software currently installed from the device is non functional and incomplete due to disk error.
while having it built inside the laptop (wired directly with antenna in the lcd frame) is great, i should have thought about copying the software before i internally installed it !
i have looked on the internet for the software and only found one that was zipped up, but its partially corrupt and i cant use it.
id really hate to have to tear this laptop apart just to disconnect the 5V to the device to have it re-detected.
if anyone could please help and attach those files from the MC760 for Virgin Mobile, i would most certainly appreciate it as the device needs to be activated (it was activated, but Virgin Mobile had some issues yesterday)
thanks !
ps: i should also mention that uninstalling/stopping/re-installing the device does not help this issue.
--

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
You might have better luck here;

»Virgin Mobile Broadband

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
Hampton Bays, NY

1 edit
thanks.
i did see that post and the attachments, but the first attachment fails halfway during install and the second one is for a mac.
--
Expand your moderator at work

kitchin

join:2010-10-17
Charlottesville, VA
reply to IllIlIlllIll

Re: Virgin Mobile MC760 Software & Drivers Needed

If you can't get the vendor's installer, the manufacturer has a version:
»www.novatelwireless.com/index.ph···emid=107
You can go to the main page for the MC760 to see all your options:
»www.novatelwireless.com/index.ph···temid=42
Or if those links go dead, start in Support on the home page.

The other way I got the files was by finding another computer with the same operating system, then inserted the MC760 and copied the install drive contents. The exe to run is LiteAuto.exe.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Kitchin the folks who use VM might see this better on their thread.

»Virgin Mobile Broadband

mistablake

join:2010-12-15

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to IllIlIlllIll
FIXED ! Gosh this was tough. Had same problem. Finally after downloading every driver / app from novatel's site, finally bit the bullet and called tech support. They gave me this path to download the software but it did not work. So, I went back a few paths and manually navigated to the folder. This works. Here it goes:

Go here ->> »www.novatelwireless.com/content/files/

click VMU folder. click liteauto.zip .

Download, unzip, install. Problem solved.

Apparently the "generic drivers" on novatel's site are just that, generic. After installing broadband2go, modem now shows up under device manager, modems.

good luck,
mistablake

PS...there are some other nice utilities in those directories too

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
Hampton Bays, NY
i really appreciate the links provided.
thank you !
this certainly helps my situation should it happen again.
the next time i decide to take apart a device like this and install it inside the laptop permanently, i will make sure i have the files needed
--