uniqs

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz

Premium Member

Songbird 1.8.0 'Orbital' released

Announcement: Songbird 1.8.0 Available!

Songbird 1.8.0 (Orbital) is finally out of Beta!
You can find this latest and greatest version of Songbird available to download here.

Songbird 1.8.0 Release Notes - 2010.09.02
Songbird 1.8.0 (build 1800) is supported on Windows XP, WIndows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.5.x, and Mac OS X 10.6.x.

New features and improvements:
  • Support for device synchronization on Mac OS X via the MSC add-on.

• Support for the following devices:
    • BlackBerry Storm

• HTC Evo

• HTC Magic

• HTC Tattoo

• LG KU990i Viewty

• Nokia N85

• Nokia N96

• Nokia N97

• Sony Ericsson W980
  • A complete visual and behind-the-scenes overhaul of the Service Pane.
Please check the release notes for known issues.

evilpeppard
Always Fight For Freedom
Premium Member
join:2003-08-20
Aurora, CO

1 recommendation

evilpeppard

Premium Member

Thanks for this. I really like the idea of what Songbird has to offer. I currently use Media Monkey and WinAMp. Unfortunately, Songbird's volume output is so much lower than the output of Media Monkey or WinAmp, I do not want to use Songbird.

I have to crank my amp up almost twice as high as I do with MM and WA (PC connected to home theater). The volume setting I have to turn the amp up to so I can listen to Songbird comfortably through my PC is much higher than I am comfortable setting it to for other applications, such as the TV or game consoles.

I will keep a watch on Songbird and hope they implement some type of "pre-amp" or better output settings in future releases.
evilpeppard

evilpeppard

Premium Member

said by evilpeppard:

Thanks for this. I really like the idea of what Songbird has to offer. I currently use Media Monkey and WinAMp. Unfortunately, Songbird's volume output is so much lower than the output of Media Monkey or WinAmp, I do not want to use Songbird.

I have to crank my amp up almost twice as high as I do with MM and WA (PC connected to home theater). The volume setting I have to turn the amp up to so I can listen to Songbird comfortably through my PC is much higher than I am comfortable setting it to for other applications, such as the TV or game consoles.

I will keep a watch on Songbird and hope they implement some type of "pre-amp" or better output settings in future releases.
UPDATE: This version of Songbird no longer has the volume issue, which is great! I just tested it on my home theater system and the volume output from Songbird is the same as Media Monkey!

Great job Songbird team.