Search similar:

uniqs

diehardspeed
Premium Member
join:2003-05-14
Salt Lake City, UT

diehardspeed

Premium Member

MSTARMetro/Prime Time Communications Down?

At about noon today my connection at home went down and I have seen no signs of it coming back up. This is the 1st major outage I have had with MSTAR and it has me worried as it's been over three hours now!

I also can't get to there websites
»www.mstarmetro.com/
»slc.ptcomm.tv/

So it must me a pretty major problem. The support line gives no information other than there is an outage in Utah.

Anyone else having issues? Anyone know what's going on? I would really like the details.
diehardspeed

diehardspeed

Premium Member

Looks like it just came back up.

If anyone knows the cause of this outage I would still like to know!

Thanks.
getsw
join:2010-11-25
Salt Lake City, UT

getsw

mstarmetro/primetime communications went down on 11-23, all services. My phone came back after 24 hours but there's still no connectivity to the net. Their phone support is virtually non-existant, and there's no explanation other than a recorded message saying that they needed to perform emergency service.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem? This is ridiculous!

diehardspeed
Premium Member
Salt Lake City, UT

diehardspeed

Premium Member

Well the internet has still been working fine for me but I just found this today.

»www.freeutopia.org/2010/ ··· f-mstar/

I will repeat my post here as I really need an answer!

So which ISP is going to pick up those of us with the fantastic 50/50mbps plan for the same price we where paying to MStar/PrimeTime? As a PrimeTime customer, do I need to do anything or what is the process going to be to make sure we don’t lose our connection? I kind of wondered why I had not received a bill in the last 5 months. I just kept paying the usual and my connection has continued working. I just want to make sure it stays that way.

I have still heard nothing from PrimeStar and the website appears to be down too. »slc.ptcomm.tv/ My email is down now as well.

Here is a direct link to The Salt Lake Tribune article mentioned in the forum I linked to above. »www.sltrib.com/sltrib/mo ··· html.csp
diehardspeed

diehardspeed

Premium Member

Quoted from a response in the Tribune article:
»www.sltrib.com/sltrib/mo ··· html.csp

John Sloan [Moderator] 1 day ago in reply to onbarodtime
When provided by XMission, it's awesome. 50 Megabit up and down for $55 per month... Phenominal.
Who do we talk to at Xmission to get that price? If I had known about that price I would have switched to Xmission long ago. A few dollars more for an ISP who knows what they are doing is well worth it. But at the current list of $80/mo I may have to do some shopping around.
dsl_er
join:2006-12-02
El Segundo, CA

dsl_er

I'm in the same boat with MSTAR/Prime Time Communications... My internet service is still working, although I did notice that their local DNS servers are no longer available. DNS is now going thorough one of their Lake Las Vegas servers. Not a big deal, but it makes me wonder what happened.

It would be nice if some of the other UTOPIA providers stepped up and offered good deals for all the MSTAR/Prime Time Communications customers to switch over. I'm currently weighing my options.

diehardspeed
Premium Member
Salt Lake City, UT

diehardspeed

Premium Member

I started another thread asking about some of the Providers.
No real info from anyone yet, just sales whom apparently refuse to communicate any way other than phone!

»UTOPIA - Info on Veracity or Connected Lyfe