Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

[Praise] Wells Fargo Online Banking

I'm currently traveling on vacation.

Per my normal routine, I brought my laptop along. I'm staying in a Holiday Inn Express in central CA at the moment. They have free wi-fi (signal is good and so is the speed 50KB/s on average, fwiw) but it's naturally unsecured except for a gateway log-in to prevent non-guest leeches.

Anyway, I want to check into my bank and make sure funds are where they should be, etc. I go to log-in and after entering my normal credentials, I am prompted for a security question. I was slightly curious as to 'why' then realized, DUH, I'm traveling! On top of that, I am tunneling all my HTTP and S-HTTP traffic through a SSH connection to a colo box in Florida. So they're thinking I logged in from WA yesterday and now in Florida...

Very pleased with the system. No pain, just a slight precaution to protect me and them from unnecessary losses that increase fees, and can be very inconvenient.

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue

Premium Member

Chase has this same thing, except that it requires you to interact via a phone call or text message before you login so it authenticates you.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

SurfTheSky See Profile was telling me the same thing. That sounds like a pretty good system. I liked the security question thing because it was, to me, much quicker than what Chase does. Though I believe I can set up something similar with my account. I might do that when I get home.
10825447 (banned)
join:2001-02-26
Tempe, AZ

10825447 (banned) to Gbcue

to Gbcue
said by Gbcue:

Chase has this same thing, except that it requires you to interact via a phone call or text message before you login so it authenticates you.
and it requires you to do it ALL THE TIME even when not traveling.. I find it annoying, but I understand the need for security and deal with it.

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue

Premium Member

said by 10825447:

said by Gbcue:

and it requires you to do it ALL THE TIME even when not traveling.. I find it annoying, but I understand the need for security and deal with it.
I've never had that. I login once and it works fine for the duration.

way2evil
Premium Member
join:2007-09-14
New York, NY

way2evil to 10825447

Premium Member

to 10825447
said by 10825447:

said by Gbcue:

No it doesnt. Chase just needs a password auth after you do the text/phone call verification. BofA requires your password and security image answer every time you login.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by way2evil:

said by 10825447:

said by Gbcue:

No it doesnt. Chase just needs a password auth after you do the text/phone call verification. BofA requires your password and security image answer every time you login.
bingo, i have both chase and BoA. only time i get the challange question on either of them is when my IP changes. which i dont mind. boa's system annoys me simply because on a high traffic day the site slows down so that "extra page" for the image verification adds time. i want to enter my user i.d. and password on one page and be done.

if i want "extra" security ill get their safepass (just like the fobs WoW uses)

Technogeez
Agape in amazement.
Premium Member
join:2007-01-20

Technogeez to drew

Premium Member

to drew
I'm glad you're happy. How much does this extra convenience cost you?

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

1 edit

Anonymous_ to drew

Premium Member

to drew
the worst thing someone could do is pay your wells fargo credit card bill

or
transfer money from account to account (your own accounts)

wire transfer require Pin number and if over $XX the person would need a Authorization #

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew to Technogeez

Premium Member

to Technogeez
I don't pay wells fargo a dime. In fact, they pay me. Just cashed some rewards points in.

PMA customer.