how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to thedragonmas

Re: [Rant] Restaurant Managers

My mom burned me out on Crapper Barrel years ago. I do remember that they were probably the worst at the wandering manager problem.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

1 edit
reply to battleop
said by battleop:

Am I the only one who finds it annoying and rude when the manager has to walk around and interrupt conversations asking if everything is OK?
Oh I HATE THAT along with the server doing the same thing!
if everything isn't alright trust me YOU'LL KNOW!
-
I ranted about it here: »[Rant] is everything is alright?
--
The shortest distance between 2 points adds 1.5 stars to T. want $25? solve »coord.info/GC20A37 for me

Premium
join:2001-02-26
Tempe, AZ
kudos:3
reply to billydunwood
said by billydunwood:

I find it annoying as hell when managers do less work than some employees themselves. I see managers just walking by, sitting, or even on the phone.
Managers are there to manage the other employees, not to do everyones work including their own. Sometimes a managers job includes walking around, observing the work place, sitting and, get this, talking on the phone. I take it you have never been a manager..

As for them asking how everything is? It is quick and painless. I simply reply that everything is great or whatever and simply go back to my conversation. They leave.
--
Sarcasm, confusing stupid people since 1869

woody7
Premium
join:2000-10-13
Torrance, CA
reply to billydunwood
YOU don't see their whole day, used to be one. When my work was done then I was out with the employees. Yes I helped. but that wasn't all the managers did.
--
BlooMe

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to tower29
said by tower29:

If you treat your people with respect and pay them the best you can, they in turn will treat you right.
This should be the first thing they teach every manager in training....and stick to it.

RonS
Madm0nke
Premium
join:2000-06-19
Dayton, OH
reply to battleop
Next time a manager comes over to my table to ask is everything is alright I will ask him "Why? Is my server that bad?" LOL
--
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't happy.