uniqs
share rss forum feed

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop

[DSL] AOL Canada dry loop / naked DSL available?

Anyone know if AOL Canada Broadband is offered as a stand-alone product, dry loop / naked DSL? I've called several times, but the outsourced overseas CSRs insist an active phone line is required. There is no arguing with these people. On a side note, I know AOL sucks, but they offer a US IP.

OldschoolDSL
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Indian Orchard, MA

They offer it in a very limited market.

I do not envy people who live in Canada & are seeking High Speed Internet.

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop

2 edits
reply to bbbc

Well, the four major provinces have TekSavvy, which is the best ISP in North America. North America meaning USA and Canada.

As far as AOL Canada Broadband is concerned, you get assigned an American IP address so that you don't have to deal with slow and expensive VPNs for Netflix and Hulu. The wholesale ISPs in Canada offer dry loop / naked DSL through the TELUS and Bell networks (which is what AOL DSL has to use too), but calling the dips that answer the phone at AOL is painful since they don't understand the concept.

OldschoolDSL
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Indian Orchard, MA
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Comcast
reply to bbbc

AOL support has never been the greatest, no matter which country you're trying to get it in.

I'd keep calling & try to find someone who understands, but it's possible it may not be in your area. Canada AOL is as you said, limited there & they do not have a large market for dry loop.

Even if your local provider offers it... AOL my not be authorized to resell their dry loop there.
--
HP Pavilion a6750f (tweaked)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 * Mac OS Snow Leopard
»www.sociallyuncensored.com