spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

@mchsi.com

Prices

I am totally confused about the prices Mediacom is charging. Can anyone help me out?

Lets say I am a current customer of Mediacom In central Iowa and Have Digital Cable, Phone and Internet (VIP Package).

Now if I drop Digital Cable what will I pay for Phone and 12 speed internet?

Now if I drop Phone from my Phone and Internet Package what will I pay for 12 speed internet alone?

If I upgrade to 20 speed internet alone (no phone) what will I pay for that?

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
Your confusion is understandable. With a plethora of different and concurrent promo offers, bundling options, and possible retention discounts it truly is a mystery.

I believe the info in this thread is still up to date. I don't think the standard prices for internet and phone have changed in the last couple years.

»[IA] How much does Mediacom's HSI costs nowdays?
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
reply to AVATAR
for 20 meg internet alone it runs 74.95/month

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
reply to AVATAR
Television varies by market, especially in our markets where we've changed the way we will due to all-digital changeovers. However, HSI is fairly static across most markets. Below are the prices as of 9/10/10 in most areas (a small percentage of customers may have higher prices for their area)

Internet
12 Meg - 47.95
20 Meg - 59.95
All internet services have a $15 Basic Connection fee per month. This is waived if you have television or phone service.
Phone
49.95 by itself
39.99 with internet or at least 1 star cable
29.99 with internet AND at least 1 star cable

None of these prices include local taxes, franchise costs, or fees.
--
MediacomChad
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/

MediaCon

@mchsi.com
reply to AVATAR
mediacom charges way too much for their services. ive had my service down to less than 2Mb whole last week. i called them and they said nothing was wrong with my connection. and yea im paying for a 12. i will be switching to qwest pretty soon. 40/20 at 19.99 for first 6 months, isnt too shabby if you ask me.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
said by MediaCon :

mediacom charges way too much for their services. ive had my service down to less than 2Mb whole last week. i called them and they said nothing was wrong with my connection. and yea im paying for a 12. i will be switching to qwest pretty soon. 40/20 at 19.99 for first 6 months, isnt too shabby if you ask me.
I'm happy to look at your service to try and track down the root of the speed issue. If you'd PM me your MAC address or account number I'll take a look and see what we can do to get it resolved.
--
MediacomChad
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/

k9iua6

join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA
kudos:1
reply to MediaCon
said by MediaCon :

Wow, you must live literally next door to the central office containing the DSLAM you'd connect with to get those high speeds. Is 40/20 in fact what your phone line tests out to be able to handle? I ask because you need to understand that DSL has a similar, yet different, qualification that is similar to the "up to" phrase in Mediacom advertising. In DSL, you may fall into the 40/20 price tier, yet your actual speed may be as slow as just above the next lower pricing tier. The good news with DSL is that your speeds shouldn't vary from what the line ends up being provisioned for.

WhatHappened

join:2004-08-06
Waseca, MN
kudos:2
reply to MediaCon
said by MediaCon :

i will be switching to qwest pretty soon. 40/20 at 19.99 for first 6 months, isnt too shabby if you ask me.
Are you going to like you $80/month price after the 6 month promo ends? (Or $90/month without phone service)

dissidentNLI

@mchsi.com
reply to AVATAR
regular non promo prices are very high for mediacom.. family cable alone is something like 65 a month. For that you can get the top packages at both dish network and directv. And with the advent of HD, cable no longer has the advantage of not needing a receiver for each television either. With that said, mediacom has excellent promo rates that can't be beat if you get the right call center REP in Iowa on the phone. 60 dollars a year for family cable with an HD box and 12 meg internet is half the price I was paying for each separately, and it only goes up 20 dollars the second year.

MediaCon

@mchsi.com
reply to AVATAR
here are my average speeds from speedtest.net. ive been a mediacom customer for about 4 years now.

Average Download Speed
6.13 Mb/s

Average Upload Speed
0.87 Mb/s

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA
reply to MediacomChad
You forgot the 3Mb package @ 29.95

motoman

join:2006-03-21
Waterloo, IN
reply to AVATAR
Internet
12 Meg - 59.95
20 Meg - 74.95

^^ Fixed that for you.
You pay for a 12 meg connection and really get 8 meg, 20 meg = 12
Why they continue to advertise falsely is beyond me.

k9iua6

join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA
kudos:1
reply to IowaMan
said by IowaMan:

You forgot the 3Mb package @ 29.95
Which is the price if you have another service. Add $15 if you only have Intro (3 mb) internet.