Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1

1 edit

Re: Tropical Storm Igor

As usual an Igor can't see straight and seemes to be headed for nowhere if you're not planing something transatlantic.
--
»haywardm.com (Hayward's Key West)

Of course you never really know/real clue far to early to say anything... or really wonder but for the obsessed

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to gt1racer

Click for full size
So far the Models look good
As of now if the Models are correct, it looks like Igor should plow up the the Atlantic and not bother us on the East Coast. Then again many of you know how well I trust the models. I'll believe it after it's gone North.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

4 edits

Again you thinkk an Igor has good eyesight?

Again projection all over the place but the southern tack NW if it is white at worst east coast Doubt even that.

But I know how you ALL LIKE TO PLAY WORST POSSIBLE SCENERIO when so far removed and wonder why we dont really GAS about tornado season.

Because you play so loose and free with hurricanes.... and we have waterspouts that invariably fall apart as soon as land.... those twisters are another things even odd tines of year.

Not for the imapct but just so many think of them as distinct thjings.... just time of year and clmate
And most damaging hurricanes have twisters within them. Being hit by one in 98 (Inside Hur Georges straight line damage) I KNOW THAT
--
»haywardm.com (Hayward's Key West)

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to gt1racer

Almost Tropical Storm Igor

Igor Managed to lose his tropical storm status yesterday, but should have it back today. Now that he is in range of the floater satellites ( »www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/float1.html ) Floater 1 was sent out to greet Igor. Igor looks to be making very good progress getting his act together. Still a long long way off.

We also have Invest 92 just east of the Leeward Islands which could be a problem much sooner than Igor should it develop.

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to gt1racer

Click for full size
Moving right along
Igor is looking quite healthy at the moment, and is a bit ahead of schedule. He is almost to his expected position for 2AM tomarow at 5PM. This is probably due to some difficulty determining his earlier position more so than a rapid acceleration.

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to gt1racer

Click for full size
Couputers still say the mid Atlantic
Igor is now a full strength Tropical Storm, could get his hurricane status soon.

horsemouth
Please Clarify My CSP
Premium
join:2002-03-13
canada
reply to gt1racer

He be cat 1 now.

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to gt1racer

Hurricane Igor

Click for full size
A Hunch back, what would you expect from Igor?
Igor now has an eye and is still a low Cat 1 storm.

horsemouth
Please Clarify My CSP
Premium
canada
reply to gt1racer

Cat 4 Wow that did not take long.

gt1racer

join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA
reply to gt1racer

What are the odds Igor will hit Cat 5?

»www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t1/flash-rb.html

it's really weird how Igor intensified that fast, it even caught me off guard.

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to gt1racer

Cat 4 Hurricane Igor

Click for full size
RutRoh!
Igor took a long time to make it to Hurricane status, but once there he didn't waste any time getting his "Major Hurricane" status. While it's still to far out to know which way it will really go yet, the current NOGAPS model (black) doesn't look good for the East coast.

horsemouth
Please Clarify My CSP
Premium
canada
reply to gt1racer

said by gt1racer:

What are the odds Igor will hit Cat 5?

50% in the next 8-12 hr.
I think he has his eye on Bermuda.

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL

Lets hope the models are some what correct and Igor makes a turn to the North and misses the US East coast. So far he has been on a pretty much due West course. In fact in the last few hours he wobbled slightly to the South. Of course you can't read much into a wobble, still I haven't seen any sign that Igor knows he should be taking a right turn.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 recommendation

reply to gt1racer

Re: Hurricane Igor

That's EYE-gor...
Sorry.

horsemouth
Please Clarify My CSP
Premium
canada

»www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames_pron···tl.shtml.
EE-gor

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to gt1racer

Igor Turning Right

Click for full size
Is this where he will go?
Igor has turned right a bit overnight. now to see if he continues on this course.

horsemouth
Please Clarify My CSP
Premium
canada

I like red. Black and Yellow...not so much.
I have enough wood for 2 winters heat.[and got paid to take it away] Thnks Earl.

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to gt1racer

Hurricane Igor

Click for full size
Bermuda Look out!
Well first I'll have to start off with The Floater Satellites from the NOAA SSD that I use to make my primary assessments are screwed up. When I was looking the latest image was from around 2PM this afternoon. So as near as I can tell Igor hasn't turned quite as much as he was expected to so far. The Models still have him wanting to drop into Bermuda for a vacation. Give it another couple days to see if the turn gets back on track. If if doesn't the East coast could be in for another close brush.

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to gt1racer

Click for full size
Wink Wink
Igor is now a Strong Cat 3 storm. All models still have him headed to Bermuda. Over night he has been replacing his EyeWall or winking at the Satellite. Once he opens his eye again perhaps he can see where he's going. Lets hope (for those on the East coast) that he see's and follows the path laid out by the NHC.

Bobcat79
Premium
join:2001-02-04

1 edit

Click for full size
Click for full size
Don't think I'd want to be heading for Bermuda. Right now, there are four aircraft enroute there. I suppose these will turn and be the last flights out before they shut down the airport at 6 PM ADT today (5 PM EDT). The airport will be closed until at least Monday.

Flights - »www.bermudaairport.aero/pages/fl···oom.aspx

Igor prediction - »www.weather.bm/maps/bwsWTNT21.jpg

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL

It looks like Bermuda is already experiencing tropical Storm conditions from Igor, and he won't be there until sometime tonight. It's going to be a rough ride for the next 20 hours of so.

SmokChsr
Premium
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to gt1racer

Igor Beat up poor little Bermuda for about 24 hours before heading on up the Atlantic. Igor is heading up Newfoundland way.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to gt1racer

Stolen from this thread where a member from Nfld is talking about what is going on there with Igor:

AT 6.30 PM NDT... POST-TROPICAL STORM IGOR WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 49.0 N AND LONGITUDE 51.3 W... ABOUT 80 NAUTICAL MILES OR 150 KM NORTH NORTHEAST OF ST JOHNS.

SOME NOTABLE RAINFALL TOTALS AS OF 5:30 PM NDT.

ST. LAWRENCE..........238 MM
BONAVISTA.............193 MM
ST. JOHNS.............115 MM
GANDER................113 MM

SOME NOTABLE PEAK WIND GUSTS AS OF 5:30 PM NDT.

SAGONA ISLAND.........163 KM/H
BONAVISTA.............156 KM/H
ST. JOHNS.............137 KM/H
GRATES COVE...........135 KM/H
ARGENTIA..............132 KM/H
ST. LAWRENCE..........124 KM/H

IGOR IS MOVING TOWARDS THE NORTH NORTHEAST AT 30 KNOTS... 55 KM/H. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 75 KNOTS... 139 KM/H AND CENTRAL PRESSURE AT 950 MB.
--
The thoughts expressed in the above post are those of the poster, and can only be attributed to his state of mind at the time of posting.
Join Team Helix