how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ScottInKalis

@bresnan.net

Download caps

Guys,

Are there any download caps with Bresnan?

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY
Not as far as I know or have heard, unless you have heard something otherwise?

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
reply to ScottInKalis
I haven't heard anything. I only download 10-25GB/month, so I probably am not a priority.
--
Whats smells like blue?

nate2073

join:2007-09-05
Helena, MT
reply to ScottInKalis
I'm currently at 45.6 GiB down and 53.2 GiB up. However my uptime is at 18 days and so split over August and September. I have been up to 100 GiB before.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
Haven't bumped into cap here.

ScottinKal

@bresnan.net
reply to ScottInKalis
Well I am sitting at260GB for the month, so I want to make sure I am not going to get hammered.

nate2073

Helena, MT

1 edit
said by ScottinKal :

Well I am sitting at260GB for the month, so I want to make sure I am not going to get hammered.
You will be OK as long as you limit your upload bandwidth. I'm talking about upload speed not data. My upload speed is rated for 2Mb/s a second, thats 250KB/s. I use bittorrent a lot and I limit my bandwidth to 80KB/s. Do limit your upload bandwidth to give other customers plenty of bandwidth. Even though they sell 2Mb/s, you still share with others on the node. The question of advertisement and whether a company is honest or not is a separate issue. Were all in the same boat as customers and so I like to make sure my data neighbors have bandwidth.

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY
2Mb/s? Must be on a business tier?

nate2073

Helena, MT

1 edit
said by koolkid1563:

2Mb/s? Must be on a business tier?
Nope, just a brain fart. My upload is 1Mb/s. I got my upload and download mixed up. My download reaches almost to 2MB/s and well you can see how I got twisted all around.

So upload 125KB/s

Download 1875KB/s Although I think Bresnan may have upgraded that already to 18Mb/s.

ScottinKal

@bresnan.net
reply to ScottInKalis
I don't download or seed torrents or share any type of data so I should be fine if they flag on uploads.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
said by ScottinKal :

I don't download or seed torrents or share any type of data so I should be fine if they flag on uploads.
*grin* Just make sure you force encryption.