Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JohnC999

join:2009-12-20
Acton, MA

1 edit

[northeast] FIOS Battery Disposal?

I just replaced my FIOS battery. Does anyone know my (legal) options for getting rid of the old one in Massachusetts?

urkelOs

join:2008-03-02
Just throw it in the Charles (kidding). When I bought a replacement at Radio Shack, I asked them if they would recycle the old one that I brought to the store, and they did it. Maybe RS will recycle the battery even if you bought it elsewhere.

Mahalo

join:2000-12-20
united state
kudos:1
reply to JohnC999
Take it to BestBuy if you have one around you.

JohnC999

join:2009-12-20
Acton, MA
reply to JohnC999
Thanks, I'll call those stores.

danclan

join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA
any auto repair store should be able to take it and recycle it as well as 12v are similar to your car batteries.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit
My local sanitation has a drop off for batteries, if yours is close to you.

batsona
Maryland

join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD
reply to JohnC999
The local landfill [may] have recycling facilities too. The one near me has this small concrete building where you just sit your battery in there, and someone comes & hauls them off....

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to JohnC999
Or any Home Depot or Lowes, and probably a bunch of other places as well. »www.call2recycle.org/ used to be called www.rbrc.org or 1-800-8-BATTERY.

This is a manufacturer funded organization, because they recognize the heavy metals getting into the environment from casual disposal is not a very good thing.

jfoj

join:2005-05-06
Mclean, VA
reply to JohnC999
Radio Shack, many Auto Parts stores, most Home Improvement stores, most local landfills, most independent battery supplies like Batteries Plus.

Here is a link about the Radio Shack program:

»www.radioshack.com/uc/index.jsp?···s06.html

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma
reply to JohnC999
I recycle these at a local scrap place. They pay me 17 cents a pound. I replace tons of these at work and take them a big pile of them a few times a year.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...