share rss forum feed

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to JGROCKY

Re: Your phones down again?

Just FYI, I work in enterprise VoIP and my experience is even switching to native VoIP for your internal PBX would save a lot of hassles.
--
Michael Lerner
Founder and Editor of crtcwatch.ca

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
said by mlerner:

Just FYI, I work in enterprise VoIP and my experience is even switching to native VoIP for your internal PBX would save a lot of hassles.
It works for a large multinational mining corporation...why not TSI?. It truly eludes me that you would stick with "Antiquated" technology such as PRI's.

For all the current issues, I'm sure that at least controlling your own phone system would be important?

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
said by nitzguy:

It truly eludes me that you would stick with "Antiquated" technology such as PRI's.
There is nothing antiquated about PRIs, they are the standard interface between phone carriers.

If you make a call from voip.ms from a QC or ON number to someone on callcentric.com in either province, your phone call will most likely go through Bell PRIs to switch from voip.ms to callcentric because there is no standard for exchanging phone directories (know which carrier owns which numbers) and routing calls directly across VoIP providers.