The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by garrison0418:

wired sir
Thank you...just checking...I never assume anything Also check your PM.
garrison0418
join:2010-09-10
Tampa, FL

garrison0418

4 hours no problems . I wonder what was changed at the hub.
garrison0418

garrison0418

woke up noticed problem is back. tech support aware and investigating. ISPgeek I got your PM
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by garrison0418:

woke up noticed problem is back. tech support aware and investigating. ISPgeek I got your PM
No problem...let me know.
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

1 edit

tim tim tim

-8 signal wouldnt have been your issue anyways. above -9 is in spec, I have seen -11,-12 work fine for people.. Must have been a contractor that came out?

now that I read it again, if the DS light was solid that makes it pretty obvious that the recieve signal isnt the issue.. Assuming it wasnt a network related issue it would have been transmit related.
garrison0418
Tampa, FL

1 edit

garrison0418

US light still continues to switch between solid and flashing. At this time it is NOT affecting connection or speeds.
Green5
join:2010-03-15

Green5 to tim tim tim

to tim tim tim
I realize many responses within this thread are not always correct, but I am a bit confused. I have the the RCA DWG855T...it replaced an Arris Modem and netgear Router which had a problem. I have not liked my Browsing experience since the change out....it is not as quick or as smooth as when I had the 2 units. But what is confusing is the discussion of the RCA's Lights. As to Upstream and Downstream,...my DS Light remains solid....I have never seen it Blink whereas my US Light is always Blinking. Is this as it should be?

Is it true that for BH Combo Customers (Cable\Phone\Internet)...the RCA is the only equipment BH is installing...there is nothing else...combo init or separate Modem & Router?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Green5:

I realize many responses within this thread are not always correct, but I am a bit confused. I have the the RCA DWG855T...it replaced an Arris Modem and netgear Router which had a problem. I have not liked my Browsing experience since the change out....it is not as quick or as smooth as when I had the 2 units. But what is confusing is the discussion of the RCA's Lights. As to Upstream and Downstream,...my DS Light remains solid....I have never seen it Blink whereas my US Light is always Blinking. Is this as it should be?

Is it true that for BH Combo Customers (Cable\Phone\Internet)...the RCA is the only equipment BH is installing...there is nothing else...combo init or separate Modem & Router?
You want my honest opinion of the blinky lights....don't look at them...they will pull you in and make you crazy. Some are going to blink fast, some slow, some not at all. The only thing you should be concerned about is NO lights or ALL lights (twinkling at once). The first issue being the obvious no power or dead modem and the second being you didn't pay your bill and they have init-d'd your modem. (aka disconnected your service). Beyond that treat those lights like a Medusa....if you look at them you will turn to stone.
Green5
join:2010-03-15

Green5

I honestly never looked at these lights (US & DS) as they were meaningless to me until I saw this Thread and did take the time to notice them. I did always think the lights signal activity....so upon US and DS actions the light blinking was good signalling the activity as taking place. That is why after I noticed them today...and the DS Never Blinks and the US Blinks all the time, based on what I thought I knew...this seemed strange. When You call BH....seems to me the Recording asks if a Certain Light is Blinking or not...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Green5:

I honestly never looked at these lights (US & DS) as they were meaningless to me until I saw this Thread and did take the time to notice them. I did always think the lights signal activity....so upon US and DS actions the light blinking was good signalling the activity as taking place. That is why after I noticed them today...and the DS Never Blinks and the US Blinks all the time, based on what I thought I knew...this seemed strange. When You call BH....seems to me the Recording asks if a Certain Light is Blinking or not...
If you are having a problem and you are directed to check the status of specific indicators that's one thing but to constantly check them and worry about the status of a particular issue with no obvious problems is bad. It's like speed testing or defragging your hard drive too much. People tend to become OCD about it and thats when it becomes a problem...a big problem.
botld92z9
join:2006-07-14
Winter Springs, FL

botld92z9 to Green5

to Green5
said by Green5:

When You call BH....seems to me the Recording asks if a Certain Light is Blinking or not...
they ask if your cable or online light is blinking, off or solid.

Reason being is if it's off or blinking you have no signal/bad signal to the modem and have a cable issue and need to be routed to the local office. if your online/cable light is on solid you may have a software/configuration issue and need to speak to road runner national help desk.

that's why i've mentioned a few times if you have an intermittent signal related issue to tell the automated message that your cable light is off/blinking to be routed to the local office.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by botld92z9:

said by Green5:

When You call BH....seems to me the Recording asks if a Certain Light is Blinking or not...
they ask if your cable or online light is blinking, off or solid.

Reason being is if it's off or blinking you have no signal/bad signal to the modem and have a cable issue and need to be routed to the local office. if your online/cable light is on solid you may have a software/configuration issue and need to speak to road runner national help desk.

that's why i've mentioned a few times if you have an intermittent signal related issue to tell the automated message that your cable light is off/blinking to be routed to the local office.
Ah yes they do and I totally forgot about that ONE light. Shows how often I look at my modem (which is never btw).
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

1 edit

tim tim tim to Green5

to Green5
garrison0418
Tampa, FL

1 edit

garrison0418

thank you ISPGeek for your help. all is running well so I will ignore the flashing US light whenever it happens if that is the only symptom
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by garrison0418:

thank you ISPGeek for your help. all is running well so I will ignore the flashing US light whenever it happens if that is the only symptom
Anytime!!! you know where to reach me if you need anything at all