how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SailorPaul4

join:2010-09-11
Thousand Oaks, CA

App failure - AT&T Marks The Spot -

Why does AT&T not fix this app, even after it's been updated a number of times in the iTunes App Store?

The app is enables customers to report geographic locations where they suffer failed call attempts, dropped calls and the like. So far, so good.

HOWEVER, the app has three location issues
1. It sometimes can't get a GPS fix before it times out (OK, then let's use their map and move the drop-pin to the spot)
2. ...THE STUPID APP assumes that I'm in Oklahoma each and every time you start the app !!! Why does it not default to the last used map position, instead of making me scroll my way from the midwest to CA
3. There's no feedback mechanism to the development team. Anybody know a contact there?

Other than those irritations, it's a good idea. And I've noticed that coverage has been improving in the areas flagged months before as cell sites are going in or antenna tweeks occur.

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6
3. There's no feedback mechanism to the development team. Anybody know a contact there?
I looked around and wasn't able to find anything on support, other than the app store page pointing back to AT&T's main support site: »www.wireless.att.com/answer-cent···et=UTF-8

My guess is that you'd have to go through the pains of tech support to get a message to the dev team, or perhaps try their email form? »www.att.com/olam/dashboardAction.olamexecute

SailorPaul4

join:2010-09-11
Thousand Oaks, CA
Arrgh. I fixed it, but feel stupid. The app defaults to "Location services off" in the iPhone settings. Turn location svcs "on " and it works fine.