spc
uniqs
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob

Re: Is RR's e-mail server having problems?

Time Warner has one of the best anti junk mail features around, regionalized domain names. As a science experiment, years ago I created a Gmail account. I didn’t give the address out to anyone and I didn’t submit it in any form online. I forgot about it and checked it for the first time a week later. Over 100 SPAM emails. Funny in the 6 years I’ve had Road Runner I have received absolutely zero SPAM messages and never configured the filters in Outlook either.. I don’t think SPAM bots care about email addresses ending in @rochester.rr.com as opposed to gmail.com, yahoo.com, hotmail.com or aol.com. And other people have this email address, it’s the one I use for Amazon, Redbox, Sprint, Bank of America, Time Warner and other companies I trust. Road Runner gets all my priority email, Yahoo is for things that require an email address and now I have to use my Gmail account since it’s tied to the Android operating system.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

I use GMail almost exclusively Stevie. I am not going to post any screen shots of my GMail Spam folder here, but GMail is doing a wonderful job of catching it all IF I get any. I have Windows Live Mail configured to get my GMail from 4, yes 4 different GMail accounts. And I also have Outllok configured for the fifth GMail account that is only for family e mail. I get ZERO spam in my Windows Live mail client and ZERO spam in my Outlook. GMail is reliable, free and efficient. On the very rare occasion that I do check my GMail at the website I see that their very efficient system has caught all of the spam. (GMail is targeted by the spammers because it is such a big target compared to RR mail.) And by free I mean that you do not have to pay extra in order to enable the pop features of their servers. It is a wonderful e mail service. Trust me, I have tried many.

And oh yes, I just checked all four of my GMail accounts at the website. One had 1 spam e mail in the Spam folder and the other four had absolutely none and this was the first time that I have checked any of the accounts online in about two weeks.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

Yo, ease up on the friggen hostility dude! Just stating a few things.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

Racerbob

Premium Member

Steve, I wasn't being hostile at all.
Expand your moderator at work