dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« tower onRecall »
This is a sub-selection from Not Perception, it's Fact.

Ben
Premium Member
join:2007-06-17
Fort Worth, TX

Ben to hottboiinnc4

Premium Member

to hottboiinnc4

Re: Not Perception, it's Fact.

said by hottboiinnc4:

you must have seen TMO's offers ALL of their phones are prepaid. You just have to pay full retail of the phone; the same as you would with any other option.

Also everyone offers that option without contract. month to month if you pay full retail of the phone; but TMO takes it a step further and offers discounted monthly services.
     Are you talking about T-Mobile's "Even More Plus" plans?  Pay the full cost, but get a $10-$20/mo. discount and no yearly or biyearly contracts.

I guess that in a way, that's kind of like prepaid.  But not exactly.  You still have to pay the exact same amount every month, and you can still get hit with overage charges.  So to me, that's not quite like prepaid.

To me, prepaid could mean paying only $10 in one month, potentially $80 the next month (if you had to talk a lot), and then maybe $20 in the month after that, and so on.
WA_Resident
join:2009-12-12

WA_Resident

You can use any of T-Mobile's phones on their prepaid plans just as you can use any unlocked GSM phone and i do mean prepaid and not the "Even More Plus".

There's people that are using iPhones on TMO's prepaid plans.

I tend to use quite a few cell phones on TMO prepaid, from a Blackberry to Nokias to a Moto Z6.

I don't pay anything monthly but rather by the year (or whenever i need minutes). $10 gives me a few minutes with an expiration of a whole year!
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to Ben

to Ben
it is prepaid as you pay your first month up front and if you do not pay for your plan on that due date- or before- your phone is shut off. so yes. that is prepaid.

overages only if you have that money available in your "bucket" no money available, no going over. So yes you do pay the same amount each month. The Even More Plus is basically their old "FlexPay" Month to month service.

Bahamut X
Premium Member
join:2000-12-09
Fort Worth, TX

Bahamut X

Premium Member

said by hottboiinnc4:

old "FlexPay" Month to month service.
Actually, you can get Even More Plus in two variants.

Flexpay - (yes, it's still around) which doesn't allow you to have ANY overage charges. Does not require a credit check to activate, but have to pay first months bill up front. Does not have an activation fee though (since first months bill is due at activation).

Postpaid - Allows overage charges, but also gives you a warning when you're about to run out of minutes. At this point you can either slow usage, or if you realize that "hey, this plan doesn't have enough minutes for me", you can up the plan and have more minutes available.
Does have the $35 activation fee, but usually the first months bill is prorated downward quite nicely depending on billing cycle (ymmv).
« tower onRecall »
This is a sub-selection from Not Perception, it's Fact.