removed
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX
kudos:40

1 recommendation

reply to exocet_cm

Re: BBR Obituaries

Here's a photo of me with my collection of passwords and my Glock.
--
irc.removed.us - #dslr

Overtkill
Premium
join:2005-09-21
Magna, UT
reply to VR Laura

Also OBJECT.

For the same reason. Some of us like our 'Shadow/Lurker' status, and may wish to stay as such.

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Beaverton, OR
reply to KA3SGM

*sign*

This sounds like a good idea; though as infrequently as people die, it would be a pretty (pardon the pun) dead forum.

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Noah Vail

said by Noah Vail:

I say we decide death by member vote. If the majority carries, then former user has moved on to a better post.

The account is permanently retired.
A membership list full of Doc Daneekas.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown
reply to KA3SGM

*object*

It would be a dead forum (no pun intended) that would sit idle for long periods of time. If anything is done, a member memorial page with a list of deceased members would, imo, be a better choice.

ForumofDeath

@mc.videotron.ca
reply to KA3SGM

lol this is the weirdest forum feature i've seen this year.

Thumbs-up to your morbidity and idea for a, "The Forum of the Dead". But... *object*

Balzer

join:2000-12-18
Owasso, OK
reply to KA3SGM

* sign *

Expand your moderator at work

mjf
" "
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-05
New Orleans, LA

2 recommendations

reply to KA3SGM

This is not a new idea and it has been rejected in the past.

»[request] Memorial Page

»[request] I humbly submit that we add a Memorial Wall

and Justin's post:

»Re: I humbly submit that we add a Memorial Wall

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6

1 recommendation

reply to AVD

Just because someone does not post for a few months does not mean the person is deceased.
--
"The gullible are ripe for conspiracy stories."

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

said by Grail Knight:

Just because someone does not post for a few months does not mean the person is deceased.
He's dead to us.
--
standard disclaimers apply.

Grail Knight

Premium
Valhalla

Dead to you maybe.
Last I looked you do not speak for me.
That is not being sarcastic either.
--
"The gullible are ripe for conspiracy stories."

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ

I meant "us" in the collective sense, not you and me..
--

Grail Knight

Premium
Valhalla

Indeed.

DeathISknokn

@mc.videotron.ca

-1 recommendation

reply to KA3SGM

Can I prep my own obituary for DSLreports and post it now?

Will DSLr discriminate against anon deaths?

What if I write it now and my nephew wants to comment to my written obituary, yet I don't want him to?

What if my ex says something that can embarrass me in the after-life while making the living laugh?

Will each dead person be locked? Will the dead lock be per request (for those who prep in advance)?

What if I wrote it in advance, but told my wife on my death bed that I don't want it posted? Who has rights to approve and/or remove it? Do I have to give a prior written notice of approved living people? What if they are anon as well?

Will my obituary get a thumbs up? What if I get a thumbs down?

What if my spirit inhabits Justin at 3:37-am on a Saturday morning after he had a mickey of single malt rye with ginger-ale and 17 beers and I force him to write "urinate here" under my dead post? Does he have the right to remove it or moderate it? Will I have to get him drunk again?

Will there be a fight between those who believe in ghosts and those who don't?

What if State thinks I'm not really dead and just buried in the sand and forgotten about? Does a death certificate have to follow?

What if someone has a crack habit, plays out a whole 6-month long brain cancer ordeal in one of the forums and states money should be sent to X-address in lieu of flowers to help the family, which instead really goes up the persons nose?

What if i didn't want this? Yet some sick-o of a telco employee who didn't like my comments and knows I wouldn't like to be posted about on a death site says, "It's what he would have wanted".

What if I died in a Darwin type of way by putting on roller-skates and filling my ass with butane and igniting it, and someone posted a picture of my butt exploding me to death to prove I'm dead followed by some kind words?

What if I died by some embarrassing sex/drug related disease and someone mentions it? What if I wanted this private?

What if I write my DSLr obituary and a mod deletes it for being off-topic?

What if...

Sigh. Life is so complicated as is. Why does death have to be the same?

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12
reply to David

I agree with Ya Dave!!

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ
reply to DeathISknokn

said by DeathISknokn :

Can I prep my own obituary for DSLreports and post it now?

Will DSLr discriminate against anon deaths?

What if I write it now and my nephew wants to comment to my written obituary, yet I don't want him to?

What if my ex says something that can embarrass me in the after-life while making the living laugh?

Will each dead person be locked? Will the dead lock be per request (for those who prep in advance)?

What if I wrote it in advance, but told my wife on my death bed that I don't want it posted? Who has rights to approve and/or remove it? Do I have to give a prior written notice of approved living people? What if they are anon as well?

Will my obituary get a thumbs up? What if I get a thumbs down?

What if my spirit inhabits Justin at 3:37-am on a Saturday morning after he had a mickey of single malt rye with ginger-ale and 17 beers and I force him to write "urinate here" under my dead post? Does he have the right to remove it or moderate it? Will I have to get him drunk again?

Will there be a fight between those who believe in ghosts and those who don't?

What if State thinks I'm not really dead and just buried in the sand and forgotten about? Does a death certificate have to follow?

What if someone has a crack habit, plays out a whole 6-month long brain cancer ordeal in one of the forums and states money should be sent to X-address in lieu of flowers to help the family, which instead really goes up the persons nose?

What if i didn't want this? Yet some sick-o of a telco employee who didn't like my comments and knows I wouldn't like to be posted about on a death site says, "It's what he would have wanted".

What if I died in a Darwin type of way by putting on roller-skates and filling my ass with butane and igniting it, and someone posted a picture of my butt exploding me to death to prove I'm dead followed by some kind words?

What if I died by some embarrassing sex/drug related disease and someone mentions it? What if I wanted this private?

What if I write my DSLr obituary and a mod deletes it for being off-topic?

What if...

Sigh. Life is so complicated as is. Why does death have to be the same?
TL;DR but just post your obit here.
--

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to KA3SGM

My obituary

Fuck you all. I hope I helped a few of you, or at least didn't make things worse. I'm glad I got to share a few of my thoughts but I have to admit I sometimes regret reading yours. My only other regret is engaging some of you nincompoops in some silly political or idiotological debate. My only disappointment is many times I lost the argument, even though I was 100% correct. My biggest enjoyment was participating in the Mafia games, but even though I've been /in on so many waiting lists, and I see other games going on without me I think you intentionally avoid me.

Anyway, I'm pissed at you all since I've been here for almost 10 years and never got a birthday thread in any of the forums I participated in; even though my birthday is in my username. So Fuck you all. You probably won't do nothing now that I'm dead anyway except post some annoying animated gif in some forsaken topic.
--

DeathISknokn

@mc.videotron.ca
reply to AVD

said by AVD:

TL;DR but just post your obit here.
Which would be the case with most obituaries.

KA3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium
join:2006-01-17
West Chester, PA

Damn, this is getting crazy.

Should I have requested a companion "Bucket List" forum as well?
--
ROCK 'TIL SUNSET

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to AVD

Re: My obituary

said by AVD:

Anyway, I'm pissed at you all since I've been here for almost 10 years and never got a birthday thread in any of the forums I participated in; even though my birthday is in my username.
You should join one of the Computing Clubs and I can guarantee you'll get a birthday thread, poor fella.

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON
reply to KA3SGM

*SIGN*

WP

ForumOfdeath

@mc.videotron.ca
reply to AVD

Re: My obituary

said by AVD:

Fuck you all. I hope I helped a few of you, or at least didn't make things worse. I'm glad I got to share a few of my thoughts but I have to admit I sometimes regret reading yours. My only other regret is engaging some of you nincompoops in some silly political or idiotological debate. My only disappointment is many times I lost the argument, even though I was 100% correct. My biggest enjoyment was participating in the Mafia games, but even though I've been /in on so many waiting lists, and I see other games going on without me I think you intentionally avoid me.

Anyway, I'm pissed at you all since I've been here for almost 10 years and never got a birthday thread in any of the forums I participated in; even though my birthday is in my username. So Fuck you all. You probably won't do nothing now that I'm dead anyway except post some annoying animated gif in some forsaken topic.

Does this go in the pre-death tab or the i'm dying tab?

BTW, happy belated birthday.

said by KA3SGM:

Should I have requested a companion "Bucket List" forum as well?
Good point!

The forum of the dead should have peoples buckets lists to enjoy life before they make it to the dead tab or the i'm dying tab. However, they can still write in the self-written obituary's tab that can then be moved by mod's to the dead tab.

I'm starting to like it now.

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
join:2002-12-24
Long Island
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage
reply to state

said by state:

said by AVD:

The obit should automatically post after 3 months of inactivity.
I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that a perfectly healthy member might go several months between visits. I've seen it quite a few times over the years.
Amen to that. Some Outlook-calendar enabled smart fella named jeff4 See Profile came back and logged in on the 364'th day to renew his username, thus prohibiting me from acquiring it for at least another year. Sadly, I had my Outlook calendar ready as well, hoping he'd forget, and I was surprised to find the user name unavailable for another year, proving he still is alive.

Although he might visit once a year, that fucker is still alive and well, as far as I'm concerned.

And with this, I leave you here:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuq7RYQ8Wa0

--
He used to say that soul shine, is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain.

Debunking the 2012 hysteria. | Yo Wilpons! Sell the Mets!! | Will work for coffee or beer.

heat84
Bit Torrent Apologist

join:2004-03-11
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to KA3SGM

When I die, I'll just take possession of someones body and keep on posting.
--
Bit Torrent is my DVR.

KA3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium
West Chester, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Cricket Broadband
·Verizon FiOS

said by heat84:

When I die, I'll just take possession of someones body and keep on posting.
When I die I am going to Heaven.

Because I've spent enough time in this boaring pit of hell...
--
ROCK 'TIL SUNSET

BearFeat

join:2008-02-03
Beverly Hills, CA
reply to KA3SGM

I don't think I have ever posted here, just read stuff.
So if I died and an obit was posted or was not posted, nobody would care.
Also I find it ridiculous that if you went inactive for x amount of time then something would be automatically posted.
I mean who hasn't been on a bboard or chat room, etc. and then just let it go...

KA3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium
West Chester, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Cricket Broadband
·Verizon FiOS

I would not even consider a BBR poster "going missing" for a period of time, as any evidence of their actual death.

My suggestion was to create a way to memorialize those BBR members that have actually died, passed on from life, are deceased, crossed over.

What ever you want to call it, just to recognize and celebrate the lives of our fellow BBR members that are no longer amongst the living.

It's nothing about their opinions, or their religion, or opinions, or political beliefs.

They were here on BBR, and now they are gone, forever.

Nothing more...

Let us remember them for who they are, and who they were.
--
ROCK 'TIL SUNSET