Premium Member
join:2003-03-31
Racine, WI

Parogadi to Chaoswar

Premium Member

to Chaoswar

Re: BBR Obituaries

said by Chaoswar:

Can you imagine the trolling that would go on in the "dead" forum... Gah!
Actually that would be the redeeming quality of the board...

VR Laura
Queen Of Cyberspace
Premium Member
join:2002-02-10
NYC

1 recommendation

VR Laura to K3SGM

Premium Member

to K3SGM
*STRONGLY object*

One reason, and one reason only: These people didn't give their permission to have their names/personas posted in a memorial thread.

Just because someone posted on an internet messageboard doesn't mean they would have wanted to be remembered publicly.

Keep your loved ones alive in your heart.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
USA

Lone Wolf to K3SGM

Premium Member

to K3SGM
Object

Next we will need a forum to remember the forum members who dollarcided $.

Unneeded, unwanted, unnecessary, IMHO.

brandon
Some truth included in this post.
Premium Member
join:2003-03-31
Ocean Springs, MS

1 edit

brandon to K3SGM

Premium Member

to K3SGM
Another forum I frequent has a card made that users of that forum can carry in their wallet at all times, so that if they die, whoever finds their body can use the information on the card to report their death to the forum.

The crazy thing is, it actually works, believe it or not.

Mentat
Premium Member
join:2001-02-25
Houston, TX

Mentat to K3SGM

Premium Member

to K3SGM
*SIGN*

rip draven See Profile

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to K3SGM

Premium Member

to K3SGM
Neutral. There are a few here that made a valid point.

Mentat
Premium Member
join:2001-02-25
Houston, TX

Mentat to brandon

Premium Member

to brandon
said by brandon:

Another forum I frequent has a card made that users of that forum can carry in their wallet at all times, so that if they die, whoever finds their body can use the information on the card to report their death to the forum.

The crazy thing is, it actually works, believe it or not.
That's some hardcore shit right there.

motoracer
join:2003-09-15
united state

motoracer to K3SGM

to K3SGM
*object*

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

removed to brandon

Premium Member

to brandon
said by brandon:

All of my passwords are tattooed on my stomach. I'm not sure why, but my PayPal account sees a lot of fraudulent transactions during beach season.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

exocet_cm

Premium Member

said by removed:
said by brandon:

All of my passwords are tattooed on my stomach. I'm not sure why, but my PayPal account sees a lot of fraudulent transactions during beach season.
If you eat a lot your passwords will start to look like some of the words and weird shaped letters in those damn captcha authenticator things.

In the event of an emergency drink a lot of beer and eat numerous large pizzas and your passwords will get scrambled.

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

removed

Premium Member

Here's a photo of me with my collection of passwords and my Glock.

Overtkill
Premium Member
join:2005-09-21
Tooele, UT

Overtkill to VR Laura

Premium Member

to VR Laura
Also OBJECT.

For the same reason. Some of us like our 'Shadow/Lurker' status, and may wish to stay as such.

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium Member
join:2002-11-08
Beaverton, OR

KeepOnRockin to K3SGM

Premium Member

to K3SGM
*sign*

This sounds like a good idea; though as infrequently as people die, it would be a pretty (pardon the pun) dead forum.

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

1 recommendation

AB57 to Noah Vail

Premium Member

to Noah Vail
said by Noah Vail:

I say we decide death by member vote. If the majority carries, then former user has moved on to a better post.

The account is permanently retired.
A membership list full of Doc Daneekas.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms to K3SGM

Premium Member

to K3SGM
*object*

It would be a dead forum (no pun intended) that would sit idle for long periods of time. If anything is done, a member memorial page with a list of deceased members would, imo, be a better choice.

ForumofDeath
@mc.videotron.ca

ForumofDeath to K3SGM

Anon

to K3SGM
lol this is the weirdest forum feature i've seen this year.

Thumbs-up to your morbidity and idea for a, "The Forum of the Dead". But... *object*

Balzer
join:2000-12-18
Tulsa, OK

Balzer to K3SGM

to K3SGM
* sign *
Expand your moderator at work

mjf
MVM,
join:2000-08-05
New Orleans, LA
ARRIS NVG510

2 recommendations

mjf to K3SGM

MVM,

to K3SGM

Re: BBR Obituaries

This is not a new idea and it has been rejected in the past.

»[request] Memorial Page

»[request] I humbly submit that we add a Memorial Wall

and Justin's post:

»Re: I humbly submit that we add a Memorial Wall

Grail Knight

Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

1 recommendation

Grail Knight to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
Just because someone does not post for a few months does not mean the person is deceased.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by Grail Knight:

Just because someone does not post for a few months does not mean the person is deceased.
He's dead to us.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
Valhalla

Grail Knight

Premium Member

Dead to you maybe.
Last I looked you do not speak for me.
That is not being sarcastic either.

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

I meant "us" in the collective sense, not you and me..

Grail Knight

Premium Member
Valhalla

Grail Knight

Premium Member

Indeed.

DeathISknokn
@mc.videotron.ca

-1 recommendation

DeathISknokn to K3SGM

Anon

to K3SGM
Can I prep my own obituary for DSLreports and post it now?

Will DSLr discriminate against anon deaths?

What if I write it now and my nephew wants to comment to my written obituary, yet I don't want him to?

What if my ex says something that can embarrass me in the after-life while making the living laugh?

Will each dead person be locked? Will the dead lock be per request (for those who prep in advance)?

What if I wrote it in advance, but told my wife on my death bed that I don't want it posted? Who has rights to approve and/or remove it? Do I have to give a prior written notice of approved living people? What if they are anon as well?

Will my obituary get a thumbs up? What if I get a thumbs down?

What if my spirit inhabits Justin at 3:37-am on a Saturday morning after he had a mickey of single malt rye with ginger-ale and 17 beers and I force him to write "urinate here" under my dead post? Does he have the right to remove it or moderate it? Will I have to get him drunk again?

Will there be a fight between those who believe in ghosts and those who don't?

What if State thinks I'm not really dead and just buried in the sand and forgotten about? Does a death certificate have to follow?

What if someone has a crack habit, plays out a whole 6-month long brain cancer ordeal in one of the forums and states money should be sent to X-address in lieu of flowers to help the family, which instead really goes up the persons nose?

What if i didn't want this? Yet some sick-o of a telco employee who didn't like my comments and knows I wouldn't like to be posted about on a death site says, "It's what he would have wanted".

What if I died in a Darwin type of way by putting on roller-skates and filling my ass with butane and igniting it, and someone posted a picture of my butt exploding me to death to prove I'm dead followed by some kind words?

What if I died by some embarrassing sex/drug related disease and someone mentions it? What if I wanted this private?

What if I write my DSLr obituary and a mod deletes it for being off-topic?

What if...

Sigh. Life is so complicated as is. Why does death have to be the same?
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to David

to David
I agree with Ya Dave!!

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD to DeathISknokn

Premium Member

to DeathISknokn
said by DeathISknokn :

Can I prep my own obituary for DSLreports and post it now?

Will DSLr discriminate against anon deaths?

What if I write it now and my nephew wants to comment to my written obituary, yet I don't want him to?

What if my ex says something that can embarrass me in the after-life while making the living laugh?

Will each dead person be locked? Will the dead lock be per request (for those who prep in advance)?

What if I wrote it in advance, but told my wife on my death bed that I don't want it posted? Who has rights to approve and/or remove it? Do I have to give a prior written notice of approved living people? What if they are anon as well?

Will my obituary get a thumbs up? What if I get a thumbs down?

What if my spirit inhabits Justin at 3:37-am on a Saturday morning after he had a mickey of single malt rye with ginger-ale and 17 beers and I force him to write "urinate here" under my dead post? Does he have the right to remove it or moderate it? Will I have to get him drunk again?

Will there be a fight between those who believe in ghosts and those who don't?

What if State thinks I'm not really dead and just buried in the sand and forgotten about? Does a death certificate have to follow?

What if someone has a crack habit, plays out a whole 6-month long brain cancer ordeal in one of the forums and states money should be sent to X-address in lieu of flowers to help the family, which instead really goes up the persons nose?

What if i didn't want this? Yet some sick-o of a telco employee who didn't like my comments and knows I wouldn't like to be posted about on a death site says, "It's what he would have wanted".

What if I died in a Darwin type of way by putting on roller-skates and filling my ass with butane and igniting it, and someone posted a picture of my butt exploding me to death to prove I'm dead followed by some kind words?

What if I died by some embarrassing sex/drug related disease and someone mentions it? What if I wanted this private?

What if I write my DSLr obituary and a mod deletes it for being off-topic?

What if...

Sigh. Life is so complicated as is. Why does death have to be the same?
TL;DR but just post your obit here.
AVD

1 recommendation

AVD to K3SGM

Premium Member

to K3SGM

My obituary

Fuck you all. I hope I helped a few of you, or at least didn't make things worse. I'm glad I got to share a few of my thoughts but I have to admit I sometimes regret reading yours. My only other regret is engaging some of you nincompoops in some silly political or idiotological debate. My only disappointment is many times I lost the argument, even though I was 100% correct. My biggest enjoyment was participating in the Mafia games, but even though I've been /in on so many waiting lists, and I see other games going on without me I think you intentionally avoid me.

Anyway, I'm pissed at you all since I've been here for almost 10 years and never got a birthday thread in any of the forums I participated in; even though my birthday is in my username. So Fuck you all. You probably won't do nothing now that I'm dead anyway except post some annoying animated gif in some forsaken topic.