spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Zero3K
join:2009-06-13
Louisville, KY

Zero3K

[Free VPN] VPN Steel

I have just recently come across a free VPN service called VPN Steel. You may find more info and get an account by going to »www.vpnsteel.com. There's also a forum for it at »www.vpnsteel.com/forum/index.php.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

1 edit

Anav

Premium Member

VpnSteel is a solutin based on OpenVPN across the platforms: windows, Linux, Mac OS, DD-WRT, Tomato-WRT or Open-WRT

a solutin based??
Sounds suspeechus to me!!
XIII
Premium Member
join:2010-06-16
Scottsdale, AZ

XIII to Zero3K

Premium Member

to Zero3K
I use the VPN that is built into my pfsense firewall. No limits (except by my ISP), no filtering or monitoring of the sites I visit. I also get access to my files and servers, etc

Kinda neat that it can be integrated into dd-wrt etc. though dont know why you would do that.
Zero3K
Louisville, KY

Zero3K

Well, since more than 300 users have joined the service, Its no longer free. At least he's allowing the people that already have an account to still be able to use it for free .

eibgrad
join:2010-03-15
united state

1 edit

eibgrad to Zero3K

to Zero3K
Remember, there's an implicit trust between the VPN provider and its users. Unless you're using SSL (in which case you probably don’t need the VPN anyway), anything that comes out the other end of that VPN server can be scrutinized by the VPN provider. Keep that in mind whenever dealing w/ a VPN service, fee-based or free. It's not hard to imagine a scam where someone creates a free VPN service, scans the traffic for sensitive data, gets what they want, then closes their doors and moves on.

Free is nice, it's preferred, but it's another issue entirely whether you can/should trust any VPN provider. Anyone can setup a VPN server in a couple minutes, nothing all that difficult. Heck, I'm so paranoid, I question whether I should trust any of the well known VPN services to be completely on the up and up. Why should I? On what grounds? At least those are the questions I always ask before proceeding further. You should do likewise.

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Concur, finding out the source of the provider is a must.
vpnexpert
join:2010-10-13
Sarasota, FL

vpnexpert to Zero3K

to Zero3K
why not try sailfishvpn, it's still free.
sunday8pm
join:2010-05-24

sunday8pm to Zero3K

to Zero3K
Its been down for almost 12 hours now...
Zero3K
Louisville, KY

Zero3K

Actually, its still free. The user just has to renew the 30 days once they're up.
Zero3K

Zero3K

Here's a link to a Digg Article I made regarding it:

»digg.com/news/technology ··· teel_com

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

I dug real hard but did not find an article that says anything new, nor found any responses.
Zero3K
Louisville, KY

Zero3K

Huh? What do you mean?
Zero3K

Zero3K

The site now has the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy pages added.