spc
uniqs
JRosenfeld
join:2005-06-06
UK

JRosenfeld to dp

to dp

Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for September 14, 2010

Some troubles here updating XPpro SP3 and Office XP. I don't use automatic updates,l but let Microsoft update scan the system. Of the 10 updates offered 5 installed, 5 failed to download. Tried a couple of times, then downloaded each manually and installed them from the hard drive. So I'm up to date, but what with reboots required after each manual install it took longer than I'd have wished.

Tuulilapi: cdo.dll updated to 5.5.2658.40 here. Emsui32.dll is also v 10.0.6308.0. It's either a misprint on the bulletin or that update did not apply to Office XP.

altermatt
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY

altermatt

Premium Member

said by JRosenfeld:

Some troubles here updating XPpro SP3 and Office XP.
Uh, oh. Was going to run the updates this morning but then saw this. Anyone else on XPPro sp3 have problems? Just don't want to get in a situation where I have to leave for a meeting and I'm still in the middle of a fudged update!
Fickey
Terrorists target your backbone
join:2004-05-31

Fickey

No troubles noticed here with XP sp3 & Office 2007 Pro.

altermatt
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY

altermatt

Premium Member

Thanks, Fickey. When I didn't get any bites here, I went ahead and took a chance. Short story: Everything ok. Longer story: updates seemed to go fine, rebooted, and Windows wouldn't start. Put on my beanie hat and turned off the computer, turned it on, and everything rebooted fine.

I'm getting too old for this.
Tuulilapsi
Kenosis
join:2002-07-29
Finland

Tuulilapsi to JRosenfeld

to JRosenfeld
said by JRosenfeld:

Tuulilapi: cdo.dll updated to 5.5.2658.40 here. Emsui32.dll is also v 10.0.6308.0. It's either a misprint on the bulletin or that update did not apply to Office XP.
The bulletin appears to have been updated with new version numbers. »support.microsoft.com/kb/2293422 Looking better this time, and seem to fit mine on a first glance.