share rss forum feed

JCO65

join:2010-01-15
Brick, NJ
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Mike Wolf

Re: Any updates?- Comcast of Ocean County, NJ

Mike, I can't dispute your facts about Cablevision with the HD. The only point of contention that I can make is that Cablevision is ONLY situated in the NY area now. They sold off all of their systems in Chicago, Ohio, and Massachusetts before the digital revolution and only has systems left in the New York market. That made it easier for CV to upgrade it's sytems[Especially since they only dealt with SA/Cisco for it's hardware as opposed to CC having systems througntry with bot Motorola and SA/Cisco system hardware].

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast

Not sure what you mean when you say its ONLY in the NY area now, since its available in a wide area of New Jersey. Though I do understand that the places you listed dont recieve the NY feeds. »www.optimum.com/channel_lineups.jsp

JCO65

Brick, NJ

The New Jersey towns that have Cablevision are part of the NY metropolitan area. In media terms, it is known as the New York DMA. Same goes for the Cablevision systems in CT.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

ok? so that includes Ocean County as well since we get both the Philly channels and NYC channels for local news, though only the NYC ABC, CBS, NBC, CW, FOX, and UPN are sent in HD on the digital channels, where as the Philly channels are digital, marked as HD by every device, Comcast, and channel guide, but aren't actually transmitted in HD.

JCO65

Brick, NJ

1 edit

That is correct, although in Ocean County the digital Philly network channels are NOT listed as HD[Unlike TR]. The reverse takes place in Mercer County, where the Philly networks channels are in the HD slots, while the NY network channels were not. Mercer County is actually part of the Philly DMA[or ADI]

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

ah ok so I'm not crazy, because I called Comcast a few days ago, and the tech was very insistant that those channels ARE in HD, that 480i is HD, and that I'm recieving it in HD. When I told him that I've never recieved anything in HD on that channel, he muttered something and hung up.
Whats irritating is that every online guide, TiVo, Moxi, and DVR mark those Philly channels as HD.

JCO65

Brick, NJ

480i is HD?? In the words of a famous comedian, "Obviously that tech is definitely on drugs".

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

Yeah, it was like 6am in the morning, and I didn't want to chew him out and wake people up, and I just hung up. I called immediately back up, got another tech, but was told the same thing. What the hell are they teaching these people..