uniqs
Iscream
Premium Member
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY

Iscream to Davesworld

Premium Member

to Davesworld

Re: [General] PAYG Providers who Populate LIDB/CNAM Database?

You're mostly right. I just wanted to say that presence or absence of CNAM as well as LIDB population and/or maintenance is not an indicator of company size as well as not a deal killer or breaker... It's just an implementation of one's business concepts and plans.

B/w CNAM is not sent out (with an exception of Canadian CLECs and not everywhere) - it's the information which is queried and displayed (if provided) by an incoming call's receiving operator. Said operator queries one or several CNAM databases they have service agreement with (if any). Also - not all and not everywhere (depends on market/country or type of service) mobile providers provide/provision CNAM info within LIDB for their subscribers as well as not all (even POTS based) receiving operators show correct CNAM information related to mobile users.
engineerdan
join:2006-12-07
Washington, DC

engineerdan

said by Iscream:

Populating and maintaining are two different things. I don't know "how" you asked and "what" they answered... But with some very rare and rather "exotic" exceptions - Callcentric DOES set LIDB when a number is ported in Callcentric network.
Well, that's interesting. Iscream, I asked by way of the CallCentric web site's support textbox. Here's the response that I received:

You are correct that we do not support outgoing CNAM. We do support incoming CNAM but do not populate the LIDB with CMAN information for outgoing calls. We may be able to provide this in the future but do not have a time frame.

I much prefer your answer, Iscream. With all due respect, what's the best way for me to verify which of the two answers that I have received is correct? I have the name of the person who signed this response. I'll send it to you via PM.
said by Iscream:

You're mostly right. I just wanted to say that presence or absence of CNAM as well as LIDB population and/or maintenance is not an indicator of company size as well as not a deal killer or breaker... It's just an implementation of one's business concepts and plans.
Perhaps it's not a deal killer in general. However, it's certainly a deal killer for this specific client. He told me so.

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

1 recommendation

Trev to Iscream

Premium Member

to Iscream
said by Iscream:

1. Buy origination from a cooperative CLEC such as Level3
2. Ask CLEC to sign an LOA for your numbers
3. "Buy" services for a LIDB database host on a cost-recovery basis
4. Profit! (possibly break even, but never pay)

There aren't even any ???'s in there